Photo

How do you guys manage to wear the finish?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,755 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

I have never understood how people can wear the finish of the tip of their barrels so much.
Posted Image

None of my barrels have ever looked like that. I've had many barrels by different makers so it's not the quality of the finish. How do some manage this? Shoving it in a kit bag? Superman in the dirt? Is it something swabs do since I only squeegee? A time zone factor? Reballs?

#2 Smidiet

Smidiet

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

Diving, dropping, if you play rec ball: rubbing you barrel to wood bunkers when you snap
Posted Image

#3 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,778 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

I truly don't understand it either. I've never had a barrel that looked like that either, not even one that came close. It's really bizarre, seems like they'd know to take care of their equipment.

#4 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

I truly don't understand it either. I've never had a barrel that looked like that either, not even one that came close. It's really bizarre, seems like they'd know to take care of their equipment.

I've recieved barrels like that, but I've never done that to a barrel.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#5 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

I've accidentally put a couple of scratches on some of my barrels, but none of which are that bad. I guess it depends on what you're playing. Wood and core samples are hell on barrels.
\Posted Image

#6 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I've had some like that, but just because I bought them used like that. All my barrels remain relatively scratch free.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#7 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,444 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

it's the barrel sock silly

The dirt inside the barrel sock, rubs and sands the tip of the barrel, and what you see is the result

Also, many people put on their barrel sock extremely tight, so you get that perfect anno rub around the tip of the barrel

Look inside any barrel sock, it's a sock full of dirt

#8 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

One time i fell and dropped my marker barrel first into a pit of gravel and rocks, Another time I scrapped by barrel against a rock trying to not get hit , and another time i slipped and slammed by barrel into an old truck, The only damage on my barrel is a little bit of removed paint and a small knick on the front. I've seen other people who have deep gashes and paint wear all over and I wonder WTF they must be doing to get their barrels that bad lol

Edit : First after Mike :rolleyes:

Edited by REDCOBRA, 04 February 2013 - 10:47 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Snake Doctor78

Snake Doctor78

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

I have never done that to a tip either and my barrel socks are never full of dirt. If they get dirt in them I wash them out at the end of the day. I guess I baby my stuff more than others.

#10 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,755 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

I guess since I turn my socks inside out and clean them I never thought about the sock. It would explain why the port holes are unfinished if blowing dirt through the barrel.

#11 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

The buldings at my field have metal sheeting on the outside walls, you should see what I've done to some of my barrels from leaning up against the buildings lol

#12 lukylovespaintballin

lukylovespaintballin

Turtleloverofthemaxofthemostextreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

I have one that is similar because I had left it in my bag and it was warm and after use of my barel bag on and off the nano wore off, not sure if that is the same

I have one that is similar because I had left it in my bag and it was warm and after use of my barel bag on and off the nano wore off, not sure if that is the same

My link for my guns

MY FEEDBACK 5/0/0

Nothing some beatings tear gas and hard labour will fix

#13 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

Honestly, I play a lot of rec ball so it happens from scraping them against concrete, wood, iron etc when hiding behind bunkers and snapping. its just a barrel though, the scratches don't effect anything and well, if it gets to bad, sand it, de-grease it and spray it with paint.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users