Photo

-=-=-ROTO RAIL 2011 vs ECLIPSE ETHA-=-=-

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: PROTO RAIL 2011 -or- ECLIPSE ETHA (16 member(s) have cast votes)

PROTO RAIL 2011 -or- ECLIPSE ETHA

1. Proto Rail 2011 (2 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. Eclipse Etha (14 votes [87.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 FeedMeBacon

FeedMeBacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

Yeah...I currently have an ICD Promaster (yeah i know....let it all out) and i'm forcing myself to buy a new gun. I've got it down to the Proto Rail 2011 and the Eclipse Etha (or any gun around that price range that you would suggest). I'm looking for air efficiency, quietness, least amount/easy maintenance, solid electronics, and overall consistancy......please hook me up with an in depth review if you feel. thanks my ninjas
YOU KNOW THE RULES...KILL EM ALL AND KEEP MOVING

#2 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Etha all the way. It's a great gun right out of the box. It takes maybe 5 minutes tops to clean it and is pretty quiet once you get a couple of cases through it.
\Posted Image

#3 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

IMO the ETHA is one of the best bang for your buck paintball guns on the market today. It comes with a hard case. It also has the same regulator and barrel as its planet eclipse big brothers and a great board in it. On top of that it has a great feedneck and a very simple ASA with no macro fittings digging into your wrist. Get one. I promise you that you won't regret it.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#4 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Used Axe. Nothing else in the 300-350 dollar price range can even compete with it.

#5 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Used Axe. Nothing else in the 300-350 dollar price range can even compete with it.

lol aw man, thanks for the laugh. The axe is good but it isn't as good as people claim it to be. the whole "the pros use it so its a pro tourney gun" hype thing is getting a little out of control. You can pay pros to play with anything. now while the axe does have a smooth shot and good efficiency it still isn't the king of guns in that price range. "nothing else... can even compete with it". that's far from true.

also you should just know that everyone will pick the etha because you're comparing a $250 gun to a $395 dollar gun.

Edited by III Kezia III, 04 February 2013 - 04:29 PM.

Lulzjustacat.png

#6 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Ok after doing some recent research on the axe I'm gonna go out the limb and be one of the first to say it. FUCK THE AXE. We're gonna compair the axe to the ETHA right now. First off I'm sick of hearing about shot quality in paintball guns. No paintball gun is ever gonna jackhammer and kick out of your arms like a real gun might so that bs argument is null and void. If a paintball gun kicks out of your arms or you can't keep it on target you REALLY need to hit the gym big boy. So let's start to compair.
Regulators:
ETHA: one of the best regs I used and its uber easy to service.
Axe: I'm sure sure its good BUT if you try and service it yourself you void the lifetime warranty. So if in the possible situation that your reg goes down you have 2 options. You can either void the warranty or send it out. Fail empire. Shame on you.
Win: ETHA
Barrel:
ETH: 2iece .83 14.5" shaft4. You can actually bore size with or get a very nicely ported 16" tip with extra purchases.
Axe: 12" one piece barrel. So to bore size or add length you need to buy barrel right out the box. If the barrel was 14" I could maybe look past it being one piece but not at $500 New.
Ergonomics: that's personally preference so I will not go into that.
Board: the ETHA board is great and I'm sure the axe board is equally as good so I'm gonna look at the upgrade options if your into that. You can get the ape for both but if you want to upgrade to an OLED board you can only get one for the axe at this time.
Win: axe
Warranty:
ETHA: 1 year
Axe: lifetime* see above
I guess by now you see what I'm getting at. To say the axe is a better gun then the ETHA is very misleading. In terms of ETHA vs axe the ETHA is the clear winner because you get so much more out the box for less $. And as far as "shot quality" goes the ETHA is pretty smooth. And sorry if I attended anyone. I'm just venting. I'm just sick of hearing "the axe is the best gun ever" or "nothing compairs to the axe". Is it a good gun? I guess since so many people like it. Is it a "perfect gun" or the "golden gun" that every gun should stride to become. No because no gun is. Every gun has something it can improve on. So no matter what the gun is can we please stop telling people that its the best gun ever and no gun can compair to it. Because those are false and misguiding statements.

Edited by D.A.M.Baller321, 04 February 2013 - 05:41 PM.

My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#7 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Sure the Axe may be good, but I would rather go against the grain and get something different. Everyone is getting Axes and everyone at my field has them. I know it's not a good attitude to have about it, but I just think it's kind of annoying that the Axe is getting compared to every gun out there. I even saw someone dare compare it to a Luxe. O well that's my rant for the day. Get the Axe if you want, it's a great gun, but just saying that everyone has them.
\Posted Image

#8 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

ITT people who've never owned and axe bash the axe
As for the OP, I feel like you're looking for a new marker, see if you can get your hand on both of these to shoot them first before you decide.
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#9 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Axe: I'm sure sure its good BUT if you try and service it yourself you void the lifetime warranty. So if in the possible situation that your reg goes down you have 2 options. You can either void the warranty or send it out. Fail empire. Shame on you.

I hate ignorant people like you.

Maintaining the regulator DOES NOT void the warranty. Kee does not want you to take apart the reg because it requires special tools.

Edited by kingJurzy, 04 February 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#10 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

If does not void the warranty then why does hustle paintball a company that personally deals with empire say it voids the warranty. How come the tech at my pro shop that is an empire certified tech that has taken the tech class say it voids the warranty.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#11 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

How come Simon Stevens who is the VP of Engineering at Empire wrote on a forum and said that it does not void the warranty?

#12 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Well then I will say I'm sorry. Exhibit A to prove my case when I said that people on you tube are misinformed on the thread you commented on. As for that tech. I guess he bought into you tube hype. I also recalled saying sorry if I offended anyone. I also said I'm sure it is a gooun. Did you read the whole comment I wrote. There was a reason I wrote it.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#13 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Ok after doing some recent research on the axe I'm gonna go out the limb and be one of the first to say it. FUCK THE AXE. We're gonna compair the axe to the ETHA right now. First off I'm sick of hearing about shot quality in paintball guns. No paintball gun is ever gonna jackhammer and kick out of your arms like a real gun might so that bs argument is null and void. If a paintball gun kicks out of your arms or you can't keep it on target you REALLY need to hit the gym big boy. So let's start to compair.
Regulators:
ETHA: one of the best regs I used and its uber easy to service.
Barrel:
ETH: 2iece .83 14.5" shaft4. You can actually bore size with or get a very nicely ported 16" tip with extra purchases.
Axe: 12" one piece barrel. So to bore size or add length you need to buy barrel right out the box. If the barrel was 14" I could maybe look past it being one piece but not at $500 New.
Ergonomics: that's personally preference so I will not go into that.
Board: the ETHA board is great and I'm sure the axe board is equally as good so I'm gonna look at the upgrade options if your into that. You can get the ape for both but if you want to upgrade to an OLED board you can only get one for the axe at this time.
Warranty:
ETHA: 1 year
Axe: lifetime* see above
I guess by now you see what I'm getting at. To say the axe is a better gun then the ETHA is very misleading. In terms of ETHA vs axe the ETHA is the clear winner because you get so much more out the box for less $. And as far as "shot quality" goes the ETHA is pretty smooth. And sorry if I attended anyone. I'm just venting. I'm just sick of hearing "the axe is the best gun ever" or "nothing compairs to the axe". Is it a good gun? I guess since so many people like it. Is it a "perfect gun" or the "golden gun" that every gun should stride to become. No because no gun is. Every gun has something it can improve on. So no matter what the gun is can we please stop telling people that its the best gun ever and no gun can compair to it. Because those are false and misguiding statements.

LOL you're saying shot quality is worthless....
Posted Image

It's pretty much the number one thing I base my marker purchase off of... hence why I'd never buy an Ego or tippmann. Just because you think talking about shot quality with paintball guns is a joke doesnt mean everyone else does. You dont see me sayin in threads where people are asking about Ego's that they are bad because of the horrible shot quality, even if that's the #1 think I look for. I realize that people like that rock solid reliability in place of shot quality, doesnt mean Ego's suck. They're just made for different people. I dont even like the Axe, and will probably never even consider buying one. But saying shot quality is a joke is just pure facepalm.

To the OP: I'd honestly keep the promaster. Other markers arent worth the upgrade other than the Axe.

Edited by Steephill, 04 February 2013 - 07:59 PM.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#14 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

The real joke is putting tippmann and egos in the sentence about shot quality. And to an extent shot quality does matter to me. Just not smoothness. As long as the gun doesn't chop paint all day like my DAM chops paint then I'm happy. By the way when my old ego11 was fully tuned after I broke it in it shot pretty damn smooth. And never chopped a single ball in like 20 cases.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#15 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

Baaaack to the og post, etha for sure. Its a great starting electro and will never let you down. Its reliable, the shot quality is fine (the spring breaks in after a couple cases)after that it is a very fun marker to shoot.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#16 FeedMeBacon

FeedMeBacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

You guys helped me a lot even though we kinda got off course but I was looking into the Axe or the Mini.....it seems like the Ethan is most popular. Is there anything really REALLY wrong with the Proto tho? I feel like its a really inexpensive top notch gun but I've heard the bolt is a bitch to manage. I'm stuck lol I just want a high end electronic marker that can rely on weekend after weekend of play and easy to clean cuz I have OCD
YOU KNOW THE RULES...KILL EM ALL AND KEEP MOVING

#17 gorgeousllama

gorgeousllama

THE LLAMA.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

1)Used Axe
2) Used Alien if you can swing it.
3) Used Proto RELEX Rail
4) Etha

Axe Pro, Spire, 68/45 Ninja, Virtue Vio

Feedback
+12/0/-0

#18 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

You guys helped me a lot even though we kinda got off course but I was looking into the Axe or the Mini.....it seems like the Ethan is most popular. Is there anything really REALLY wrong with the Proto tho? I feel like its a really inexpensive top notch gun but I've heard the bolt is a bitch to manage. I'm stuck lol I just want a high end electronic marker that can rely on weekend after weekend of play and easy to clean cuz I have OCD

nothing wrong with it at all the bolt isnt a bitch at all, it unscrews from the middle when you unscrew the back cap but all you have to do is take your finger and push from the breech until it pops out the back, only thing to be worried about is your eye pipes but honestly its really easy to clean your eye pipes than eyes from the eye covers. The proto also has a self clean system generally speaking the eyes will clean them selves after shooting a couple of times. Unless the eye pipea get scratched then you need to replace them

Lulzjustacat.png

#19 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

And as far as the pipe goes the rail MIGHT come with a spare like my DAM did. But keep in mind the rail cost around $300 and the DAM cost $1300. So I wouldn't totally bank on it coming with a spare eye pipe.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#20 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

Yeah...I currently have an ICD Promaster (yeah i know....let it all out) and i'm forcing myself to buy a new gun. I've got it down to the Proto Rail 2011 and the Eclipse Etha (or any gun around that price range that you would suggest).

I'm looking for:
air efficiency (Etha wins. By 2 pods maybe more.)
quietness Rail wins. (It's a true spool valve so it'll be quieter and have a smoother shot.)
least amount/easy maintenance Etha wins. (Etha's bolt got a tooless dissasembly and requires less maintenance.)
solid electronics Etha wins (Etha's board is sooo much easier/simpler to program than the Rail and you don't have to play with the stupid dip switches.)
overall consistency A tie. (Both have high quality regulators taken from their respective brand's high-end markers.)

Overall,
The Etha's a better marker but of course the price point is higher.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users