31 replies to this topic

#1 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

found this while perusing my subscriptions. Credit goes to fellow norcal baller cityfrags, he really managed to nail, well, pretty much all the rentals down that frequent the local field lol. Enjoy :)

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#2 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Yeah, pretty much..... There's a few other stupid things I've heard, but he got most of it.
I've had kindof a bad day, but that made me smile. :)

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#3 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,806 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

I lol'd.

40k-1.png

#4 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

You cant tell me it doesnt make you feel good when your geared up and a kid says are you a professional lol Huge ego boost even though they have no clue what they are talking about lol

Also if your looking for subscriptions...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
CLICK MEH PREWSE

Shameless plug...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Lol guys see you walk on the field in a jersey, pants, cool mask, and decent gun: "Oh that's not fair, that guy's a pro!"
Ego boost, though I prefer Geo's :P
Also another thing they say: "How are you shooting full auto?!"

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Gave me some good giggles.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

he addressed my biggest pet peeve...calling paint ammo drives me nuts haha. Even some of my friends whom I've played with for almost two still call it that!!!Posted Image

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#8 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

When rentals say maps and ammo or bullets it just kind of drives me nuts. You want to go up and correct them when you know you shouldn't. My friend who hardly ever plays paintball was selling his tippmann 98 for $160, gun only, :o and was calling it a type 98 :angry: I'm guessing he was thinking COD :P
\Posted Image

#9 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

The SLG comment was pretty good.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#10 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

My only complaint to coffin stuffers... i mean new players is.

"I bet it hurts to get shot by that gun, it must shoot like quarter mile."

That's really about it all a rental person can say that just rocks my nerves. I explain to them ALL markers shoot at or near the same velocity and no marker shoots further then another one.

Edited by Panda Man, 05 February 2013 - 11:37 PM.

#11 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

Funny because I hear a lot at SCP.

#12 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

Not bad..

#13 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

I don't think it's funny. I think this kid is a douche. Everyone was ignorant once. You have to start some where. I am glad the people I ran into early on were patient enough to try and explain things kindly to me and that I had this great site as a resource to learn about paint ball. Tons and tons of kids play games. Tons of people play games in general. If they love CoD and they think that because of that they may want to try paint ball out cool. If they call a map a field who gives a shit? Do you think the field owner cares? If you want paint ball to grow then videos and attitudes like this are counter productive.

Edited by voad, 06 February 2013 - 05:17 AM.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#14 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

I don't think it's funny. I think this kid is a douche. Everyone was ignorant once. You have to start some where. I am glad the people I ran into early on were patient enough to try and explain things kindly to me and that I had this great site as a resource to learn about paint ball. Tons and tons of kids play games. Tons of people play games in general. If they love CoD and they think that because of that they may want to try paint ball out cool. If they call a map a field who gives a shit? Do you think the field owner cares? If you want paint ball to grow then videos and attitudes like this are counter productive.

Yes, we are supposed to help out the newer kids, but sometimes they'll say or do something that's priceless and most people can't help but laugh.
Are we still helping them when possible? yes.
Do we have to be 100% serious while doing it? I don't think so.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#15 thetinman

thetinman

thetinman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Also when a Tippmann runs out of air and all the rentals say "I don't want to play against him, he's shooting fully automatic!"

"How do you keep your mask from fogging? Is that mask for pros?"

(When I am reffing) "Do you play paintball too?" really, do I play paintball? No, I just like acting like a douche and telling kids they've been hit and letting them shoot me... (I feel like such a tool telling someone they're out, you know?)

"I've only played paintball once and am trying to start a team, how do I do that?"

"If it hits my gun am I out?"

"I'm HIT!!!" even though it was a bounce

#16 68OneShot

68OneShot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

I was playing with my SP shocker and my nephews 98 was acting up. I switched him to try and figure it out. This kid seen me walk to the other team and yells to his team mates. " hey the ref made him switch gun. Told you his other one was a full auto. Cheater". I lot it when my 11 year old nephew got him with my "full auto cheater gun"

#17 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Yes, we are supposed to help out the newer kids, but sometimes they'll say or do something that's priceless and most people can't help but laugh.

I completely agree. One time at the fill station, a 12 year old renter asked "How do I charge this?" and i was like "WHAT?!?!". He pointed at his tank and asked again "How do i charge this?" and i realized he wanted to know how to fill his tank. Was it funny?... yes. Did i keep the laughter in?... Yes. Did i help him out?... Yes.

Another common one includes a kid with a alphablack
Kid:Look at my New Machine Gun. It has sights and everything.
Friend:(with a 98 rental) Woah, its an m16. You are going to wipe down everyone!!!

Edited by marceldacs, 06 February 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#18 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

There is being light hearted and goofy, and then there is mockery and condescension. I thought the video was condescending towards renters and new players. I don't even think there is any question. The tone in the persons voice and the way they speak is done in such a way to deliberately sound stupid. Inexperience is a stupid thing to mock some one over. The terminology in paint ball is pretty specific to paint ball. There are others ways you can describe what you see on a field and still make sense and people generally try to relate that with things they already know. In most cases that would be video games. It is ridiculous to think some one trying paint ball out for the first time will know what guns do what, what ramping is, what a pump gun is, etc. And to me paint ball should be about fun more than anything.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#19 68OneShot

68OneShot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

There is being light hearted and goofy, and then there is mockery and condescension. I thought the video was condescending towards renters and new players. I don't even think there is any question. The tone in the persons voice and the way they speak is done in such a way to deliberately sound stupid. Inexperience is a stupid thing to mock some one over. The terminology in paint ball is pretty specific to paint ball. There are others ways you can describe what you see on a field and still make sense and people generally try to relate that with things they already know. In most cases that would be video games. It is ridiculous to think some one trying paint ball out for the first time will know what guns do what, what ramping is, what a pump gun is, etc. And to me paint ball should be about fun more than anything.

I agree. The video was rude. But I'm going to sound old. Young and dumb, just hope it wears off.

#20 cityfrags

cityfrags

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Not to be a douche guys, but subbing would be awesome :D

#21 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Meh, it's harmless fun. Also noobies can watch this and know not to say these things :D

#22 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

I hear stuff about K/Ds a lot and whoa look at the machine guns.

Oh and my personal favorite "yeah my big bro has a blue spyder and it cost him like $200, it was so badass"

Edited by woodsballer414, 15 February 2013 - 02:36 AM.

LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#23 RunGCaleb

RunGCaleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

That was pretty awesome haha

#24 Senior SL8R

Senior SL8R

World Domination.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

"Can we play on that map? Ref... Ref... Can we play on that map Ref?"

I lol'd. Posted Image
- Crew 343 - D5 -
Posted Image

#25 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

A regular pump player at my field once accused a rental player of shooting full auto with a 98 :dodgy:
He almost started yelling at him, this kid was 12 and was probably scared since the guy was like 25+

Edited by Garribean, 20 May 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#26 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

The best is the look of amazment/ fear in their eyes when you're on the field and how happy they sare when you lend them your gun....Although I hate when they call it a map, or when they they me that "THIS AREA IS TOO CLOSE! WE DON"T WANT TO GET INTO a STICKY SITUATION! FALL BACK!!!!!!". Also when they fire 150 out of their vl200 before the match even starts annnoys the hell out of me! Especially when they almost hit you multiple times...

Edited by BraiNfreeZe, 20 May 2013 - 04:38 PM.

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#27 schnips

schnips

Wicked Pissah Masshole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

I remember when I was a noob. I was the kind that thought flashy electro guns were stupid and couldn't possibly be worth the money.

Posted Image

What I have learned from the internet is nothing is safe.... Don't touch anything, don't eat anything and don't do anything.... EVERYTHING causes Cancer!

#28 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

I remember when I was a noob. I was the kind that thought flashy electro guns were stupid and couldn't possibly be worth the money.

I still feel that way. :)

#29 Manch Vegas Baller

Manch Vegas Baller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

So much laughter XD

Current set up
Gun:LE PDD Axe
Loader:V3 Rotor
Tank:Ninja 45/45
Axe FS/T: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222591

#30 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

So glad the refs helped me when I was a renter and ignorant. I was scared to play against the speedball players, because their guns shot faster. He explained to me that the guns shot almost the same speed, just that they had electronic hoppers.

Great guy helped me out.
So glad to not be a noob anymore.

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#31 HossBomags

HossBomags

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

I agree. The video was rude. But I'm going to sound old. Young and dumb, just hope it wears off.

Agreed, Do I sometimes chuckle inside when I get asked these questions sure... Would I make a video about it nope... There is already a stereotype of the avid paintballers... This just further encourages that myth that we are all douche bags... I was lucky enough to start playing with people I knew and that have played for awhile... These videos discourage new people to get involved and get started for fear of looking like an idiot... We want the sport to grow. This is counterproductive to what everyone on this site wants...

Check us out on Facebook and Youtube

Facebook: http://www.facebook....bomagspaintball

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/hossbomags

http://www.youtube.com/Pyrostreaker

#32 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

This video could have been done differently yes. Did we all smile and slightly chuckle, of course. It's all in good fun. But I do have to say that the one I can't stand is "Dude you need more paint bullets"

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users