that would be a cool idea actually

#3 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

I would kill to see a 100% paintball arena. That would be awesome, big screens, food vendors, shops and all.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#4 Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

actually not a bad idea... and its not like it would be terribly expensive... It would be nice for parents to get at least a little viewing on their investment(which often is a few hundred at least).
Super Nintendo, Sega Gensis, when I was dead broke man I couldn't picture this.
-Biggie Smalls
Learned the hard way not to use a speedfeed when its raining. 8/6/11

#5 lovebunny

lovebunny

Master Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

great vid.. yes we need stands.
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Muppet King!
CCM 6.5 FST Rendition Alias and other goodies FST
Feedback

#6 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

A viewing area would be cool, but for many woodsball fields ts just not something that is a possibility.

Only thing I could see working with woodsball is a camera system setup on poles throughout the field that stream back to a viewing area where people can sit and watch. But this would be MUCH more expensive and the first thing idiots would do is shoot the cameras.

#7 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Not a bad idea, I just have one concern.
It could be the fact that all the fields I've played at don't really have viewing areas, but I'm concerned about asshole spectators being the eyes for somebody on the field.
Having them calling out my positions and telling them exactly what I'm doing to their buddy on the field can really hinder my ability to play, especially if I'm playing stock class where a lot of my tactics rely on surprise hit-and-run attacks. It would force me to no longer play with a physical handicap as the mental game is now almost entirely removed, and I'm not too fond of the idea of changing how I have fun because somebody is allowed to be an asshole.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#8 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

I like the idea of a better viewing area. The only viewing area at my field is at the staging area. You don't really get to see all of the action because you are facing the starting area of one side. You never see any action going on there, making it very boring to be a spectator. I think a better viewing area would bring in a bigger crowd. Instead of player's siblings staying at home, they could come and watch. Right there is the possibility to gain more players. I don't see why more fields wouldn't do such a thing. It would be a cheap investment.

Edited by TNpaintballer99, 05 February 2013 - 08:21 PM.

\Posted Image

#9 gmore70

gmore70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Not a bad idea, I just have one concern.
It could be the fact that all the fields I've played at don't really have viewing areas, but I'm concerned about asshole spectators being the eyes for somebody on the field.
Having them calling out my positions and telling them exactly what I'm doing to their buddy on the field can really hinder my ability to play, especially if I'm playing stock class where a lot of my tactics rely on surprise hit-and-run attacks. It would force me to no longer play with a physical handicap as the mental game is now almost entirely removed, and I'm not too fond of the idea of changing how I have fun because somebody is allowed to be an asshole.

I had this very strange experience last year on my summer paintball road trip with my son. We went to a field were people in the viewing area were encouraged to call out anything they wanted. I have never been to a field - before or since - that was like this. Im still torn about it......

Anyways, our viewing area is managed by our refes and ourselves...if you try that...well lets say the response is quick.

But you have a good point...something that would have to be seriously considered.

#10 SNmustang95

SNmustang95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

We actually have stands at our field, for how small it is. their super nice too, but their a one row only, but we have 3 or 4 of em.

Edited by SNmustang95, 05 February 2013 - 09:29 PM.

SN

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users