16 replies to this topic

#1 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hey I was just wondering if someone could tell me whether I should get a DP Fusion FX or a Planet Eclipse Etek 4 AM for a speedball gun. (Also if there are better choices in the price range of these guns please do tell me)

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#2 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

if you're opened to buying use I say vice, out of those two I would take the Etek. Some other options in the same price range are Axes, Invasions, Drones and Reflexs.

#3 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Ok what do you think is the absolute best NEW gun is out of those?

One Nation

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#4 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Buying a new marker I would go for a drone but I still think a used vice is the best option, They can be had for $3-400 and perform amazingly, much better then any mid ends imo.

#5 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

etek is a good marker i have the LT model. can i ask why you want to get the AM over the LT. for me at least it was a waste of $100. just let me know

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#6 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

I just would want the AM because it's all metal and would just make it more durable.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#7 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

Of the mid-ends I have used (Reflex Rail, Crossover, Axe, Etek4), the Axe had the best trigger and best feel if you can get over the banana grip. The Etek4 wasn't bad - they seem to be very sturdy but I couldn't get past how much louder it was than my Azodin Kaos (which is itself pretty loud). A guy at my field has a Drone DX and loves it, but while it is very quiet and seems to perform well for him, I'm not at all a fan of the trigger. Once upon a time Latsabb sold me on the Alien Invasion, but I've never been able to get my hands on one to see if I'd like it. They're now priced $150 lower to $500, so that could well be the deal of the price range.

For me, as a mech fan, I think the crossover is my favorite even though I dislike the barrel length, dislike the barrel thread, dislike the spring trigger (I've heard it's better with the spring removed) and dislike the lack of an on/off (by the way, the Invasion also misses the on/off). My least favorite I've seen so far is by far the Reflex Rail - it's very smooth but not terribly efficient with a bad trigger and for me it didn't feel good in my hands... kind of surprised by that as I thought I would love Dye grips.

EDIT: The Etek4 LT is plenty durable. For the price increase to go metal, you're not getting your value back in durability. I'd skip the AM myself.

Edited by unfated33, 06 February 2013 - 08:04 AM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#8 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Buy an Axe they are fantastically priced and well built with a good feature set! Out of the two you mentioned the Etek because of DPs shoddy build quality.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#9 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

DP FX, comes with a nice APE OLED board, it's AFSAB operated (Air Foward Spring Assist Back) which is neat in my opinion, you don't see a lot of them out there i guess because of the stigma that DP guns leak like crazy because of the g4 which i know some friends have had that problem but it was a simple fix; took maybe 5 minutes or so. the trigger does have some side to side play but since I'm guessing your coming from something more low end anyways the side to side play will be less that what you're using right now. also they look way better than the etek does. the AFSAB will help with efficiency a bit as well. I'm just someone who goes against the grain so I'm sure someone will give me shit for saying the DP FX

Lulzjustacat.png

#10 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

DP FX, comes with a nice APE OLED board, it's AFSAB operated (Air Foward Spring Assist Back) which is neat in my opinion, you don't see a lot of them out there i guess because of the stigma that DP guns leak like crazy because of the g4 which i know some friends have had that problem but it was a simple fix; took maybe 5 minutes or so. the trigger does have some side to side play but since I'm guessing your coming from something more low end anyways the side to side play will be less that what you're using right now. also they look way better than the etek does. the AFSAB will help with efficiency a bit as well. I'm just someone who goes against the grain so I'm sure someone will give me shit for saying the DP FX

The FX itself has some nice features. As you mentioned, it's the only marker in that range with an OLED board.

It has the RAPS on/off ASA. Other comparables that have an on/off ASA are the Reflex Rail, Axe, Etek4, and Drone DX. The Alien Invasion and Crossover do not have an on/off. The Reflex Rail, Drone DX, and Etek4 all have the slightly better Macro-out-the-front-of-ASA feature, while the Axe is macroless like the Invasion and Crossover.

It has a two-piece barrel. The Reflex Rail, Drone DX, Invasion, and Etek 4 also have a two-piece barrel. The Axe and Crossover both use a 12" barrel. Two piece barrels are generally more consistent, as are 14" barrels over 12" barrels. All are autococker threaded except for the Crossover which uses A5/X7 threads.

My own personal opinion of noise going from quietest to loudest would be: Drone << Reflex Rail << Crossover << Axe << Invasion << FX << Etek4. That's a bit misleading as the Drone, Reflex Rail, and Crossover are all closer together and the Axe and Invasion are close together while the Etek4 is just over the top loud.

I'd rank their smoothness the exact same as I'd rank their noise level. Maybe flip the Axe and the Invasion or not - they're about equal in both cases.

My feeling on efficiency from most efficient to least is: Invasion << FX << Etek4 << Axe << Crossover << Drone Dx << Reflex Rail. The first five are pretty close to on top of each other - even a crossover can get close to 1300 shots on a full tank.

The real problem that many people have with Dangerous Power is uncertainty about the quality of what they're buying coupled with a perception of declining customer service over time. Older players that were around for the Rev-i, Threshold, and Spec-R introductions don't seem to share these same issues, but for the people that bought in at the G4 level there have been a lot of complaints.

#11 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Drone dx. It's the quietest mid range and the most efficient after you quad mod it. Also it's all metal and doesn't look ugly.

#12 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

I would say 2012 Alien Invasion, they are now $500 new, and they destroy everything in that price range. And there are awesome colors right now! Get um now, seriously best gun for the price,

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#13 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

just saying but the gun I have now is an ICD promaster that I bought off of the bst here and it has no side to side play and it is a CP trigger.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#14 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Drone dx. It's the quietest mid range and the most efficient after you quad mod it. Also it's all metal and doesn't look ugly.

I think I may go with a Drone DX but what is this Quad Mod ?

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#15 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

I think I may go with a Drone DX but what is this Quad Mod ?

It's questionable in its efficacy, but the idea is that you replace your round o-rings inside in a couple of moving spots with an o-ring shaped like an X. If you search for Quad Mod in Youtube or on PBNation you should be able to find links to how to setup the Quad Mod. The advantage is that it reduces the contact points on your moving parts which makes the gun more efficient (you should be able to turn pressure and dwell way down). The downside is that you have to put the X-rings on parts that remain in constant contact with movement. If you don't put the X-rings in the right place they will tear quickly - even if you do put them in the right place they reportedly don't last as long as typical round o-rings.

#16 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

ok so Are you basically saying that it would be more worth it to leave it the same?

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Axe or Alien Invasion. Or you could wait until they fix everything on the Drone DX. I used to shoot the DX, and it was great, save for it's meh trigger, which wasn't dear god awful anyways. Or just save up and get a used supergun.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users