17 replies to this topic

#1 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

dear people of the interwebz. If you buy a $1200 marker, open the box and hold it, don't expect anybody to pay $1100 for it. Why? Because, when you sell it that close to msrp there is literally zero reason for me not to buy it brand new.

It's like a car, the second you drive it off the lot it devalues. Similarly, the second you open the box, the marker devalues. I don't understand why people here and especially on nation have this delusion that their gear does not lose any value. It's like people are angry at themselves because their $1000 didn't make them happy, so they think they are entitled to $950 of what they paid.
I saw a guy selling a beat to shit Axe for 600 because it was "pro owned" I don't give a fuck if Jesus played ball with that gun, I'll pay what the marker is worth, not for any sentimental attachments you have to it.

but whatever that's enough ranting for tonight
anybody else feel this way?

Edited by junits15, 05 February 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#2 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

#3 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Pissing people off since whenever the internet was created...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#4 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

A lot of people blow sunshine in the BST.

Pay more because it's 1 of 1. (It's beat up regardless of color.

Shoots ropes. (They all shoot about the same rate.)

Upgraded trigger. (You idiot. You destroyed the beauty of the UL grip.)

HK grips. (Yeah. What an upgrade. Worth not caring about the quality.)

Comes with CP reg. (no I can't get the old one because this means you broke it.)

New barrel (you want to keep the stock one because it's better, don't ya?)

I bought this as a loaner ( $1000 loaner?)

Quitting sale (but you'll take another marker as trade?)

I got a lot invested (do you know the meaning of an investment?)

Professionally owned (watch a vid of how the pros play.)

NIB (see. It's a piece of crap.)

Comes with cool sticks (scratched to hell.)

... And the list goes on.

#5 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

The only thing among all of those reasons that really bugs me is when people throw out how much they paid for all of it.

"Oh, I've got over XXXX dollars in this setup".

I don't give a fuck how much you paid for it, because I'm looking at this specifically because I don't plan on paying that much. And when people overpaid, I also don't give a shit, because I refuse to overpay simply because the seller was a dumbass.

#6 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

My personal favorite is when they say NIB and then show pictures of it scratched to fuck.
Or when they say adult owned and when I give them an offer a little lower than what they want "no fuck you that's too low asshat"

#7 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Comes with CP reg. (no I can't get the old one because this means you broke it.)

Whenever I see a gun being sold with a CP reg I cant press the back button fast enough.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#8 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

I'd gladly pay $100 less for a never used gun. People want everything for nothing.

#9 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

I'd gladly pay $100 less for a never used gun. People want everything for nothing.

This.

#10 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

Unofficial Official Ranter.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

I think what he implied was that for about 100 bucks more, you could be getting a larger benefit.

If I can buy a marker brand new for 1000, and someone wants 900 for one that is scratched up, has some old paint on it, has a few knicks on the barrel and the regulator is a bit fucked up, is it worth it to go through the work and fix all of that, or is it a better idea to pay 100 bucks and not deal with any of that shit.
Not to mention, the extra cost adds peace of mind, is it REALLY BNIB? If I give this guy my money, am I going to open a shoe box to reveal a brick? In addition to some "Small" problems with a "Practically Brand New!" Marker, such as a "Small" hose leak, or a "Small" Problem with the eyes, those "Small" problems add up to larger problems.

Also, one of my favorites is when people say "Literally never been played with!" And in the same post upload a picture of them using it on the field.

Makes pushing the back button that much funnier.

Edited by Wolfwood, 06 February 2013 - 04:24 AM.

#11 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

I love it when you specifically state what you would accept in trade and people offer the complete opposite no I do not want your ipod ds and xbox!!!

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#12 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

dear people of the interwebz. If you buy a $1200 marker, open the box and hold it, don't expect anybody to pay $1100 for it. Why? Because, when you sell it that close to msrp there is literally zero reason for me not to buy it brand new.

It's like a car, the second you drive it off the lot it devalues. Similarly, the second you open the box, the marker devalues. I don't understand why people here and especially on nation have this delusion that their gear does not lose any value. It's like people are angry at themselves because their $1000 didn't make them happy, so they think they are entitled to $950 of what they paid.
I saw a guy selling a beat to shit Axe for 600 because it was "pro owned" I don't give a fuck if Jesus played ball with that gun, I'll pay what the marker is worth, not for any sentimental attachments you have to it.

but whatever that's enough ranting for tonight
anybody else feel this way?

Truth right here!! God I hate that shit. yeah its nice your offering something 50 bucks less then store value..guess what, I'll just spend 50 extra at teh store and get the full warrenty and all that shit, without risking that you broke it already and hid that fact. Etc!

#13 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

The word "upgraded" is what bugs me the most. So many times I find myself thinking this:
Posted Image

A CP reg on a Bob Long Vice is not an upgrade.

Edited by Antonious, 07 February 2013 - 11:28 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#14 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

I will say some people used to add a cp reg so the macro comes out the bottom but true, it's not an upgrade but a perferance.

#15 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

Its just like with cars adding 1000 dollar set of wheels may make it look... "baller" to you but when you turn around and sell it guess what you better take them off and put the stock ones back on because it decreases in the value in most cases... I think the average age of our sport also has something to do with it... I have been suckered in to $1 hugs by my sisters for years I wouldnt put it beyond them to post an Axe for $700 because its pretty... Shes 7...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#16 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Its just like with cars adding 1000 dollar set of wheels may make it look... "baller" to you but when you turn around and sell it guess what you better take them off and put the stock ones back on because it decreases in the value in most cases... I think the average age of our sport also has something to do with it... I have been suckered in to $1 hugs by my sisters for years I wouldnt put it beyond them to post an Axe for $700 because its pretty... Shes 7...

plus people who don't know about gear, assume it's worth much more than it is, I've seen too many $500 spyders on craigslist.
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#17 eclipseguy47

eclipseguy47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

when i am feeling down i go on Craig's list and type in paintball it makes me laff

Planet Eclipse Tech

#18 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

I also think they prey off idiots. People will think just because it has "Everything" in their Case sealed.

Do you know how easy it is to order a new box for the marker? or ask the company for a piece of foam? and making what came in the Box is simple as hell... Since you already own your own pair of allen keys they will never mess with "BNIB" ones, everything stays sealed with the box because they already have no need to use anything that came in the original parts kit. People will buy simple "rebuild kits" for the marker so they never mess with the original kit that came with it. If the marker is used a excessively it's going to need detents and those are extremely cheap. If the marker has breech wear it has been used either a lot or the current owner switched mostly everything in and on the marker to make it "LNIB" starting with the grips and Regulator or or feedneck to keep it from wear and tear on the original parts. some people get away with selling a Heavily used gun for something that has beaten the shit out of and back because it has "a small scratch in the breech" parts are easily swapped box's are kept untouched in a closet, or cabinets and the gun is really been through the ringer but they still sell at LNIB prices, so WHY NOT TRY?! No for me to "really" get the nerve to buy used now is if its going to be my "workhorse" I will beat up anyways or see it in person to buy for a little more then online since it really does look and sound good. people need to pay attention when they buy and trade.

I never ever believe any markers are "LNIB Rate" unless i really get to see the marker in person

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users