15 replies to this topic

#1 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

So I've been toying with this idea for a number of years, and with the recent advances in magazine-fed technology, I may have a practical means to do it.

I want to build a top-fed mag-feeding Shocker (likely an SFT, since they're cheap and have flat sides.) I'd probably remove the feedneck, then make a mount that clamps on and holds the mag in place, while depressing the mag's internal detent.
I'm really liking the looks of the new DAM magazines, mostly because they're double-sided, and come in multiple sizes; not to mention they are flat-topped, which imo would require a less-elaborate mount/magwell.

Am I crazy? Are there any glaring flaws in my logic that someone would care to point out before I blow a ton of money on a partsgun shocker and some DAM mags?
Any suggestions in how to go about doing this?

I'm going to try to start collecting materials; but I may not be able to start the actual build this summer due to my college schedule. Any suggestions in the meantime are appreciated.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#2 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

The only problem I see is the mag going to feed fast enough or are the balsgoing to be pushed past the detents
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#3 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

I'd primarily be shooting in semi, so I think the mag would feed fine. Shocker detents are reasonably stiff, but that could possibly be a problem.

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#4 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

So you're thinking along the lines of a Bren Machine Gun?
Posted Image

I like the idea. What about RAP4/Milsig round head mags? I feel they would work better because the collar could get the paint down into the breach where the feedneck used to be.

Did you plan on making it FS capable? That would be amazing. A First Strike Magfed Shocker.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 06 February 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#5 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

I was planning for DAM mags because they are already first strike capable; so if I got a design that worked, I could just mod the feed hole.
I think a Shocker would make a sweet platform for magfeed because it's so much quieter than other magfeds on the market; and even if it had bad efficiency, it wouldn't be an issue because I wouldn't be firing that many shots per game.

Edit: and yeah, I do think it might kindof resemble a Bren.

Edited by nighthunter, 06 February 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

This sounds incredible.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

DO IT !!!!!
that would be so sick

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Well you could just clamp something like a pvc pipe and line the inside with tape to fit on the feedneck, and then just use 10 round tubes, given that you said "Top fed mag fed"

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#9 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Well you could just clamp something like a pvc pipe and line the inside with tape to fit on the feedneck, and then just use 10 round tubes, given that you said "Top fed mag fed"

That, sir, is why I also have a pistol. If I wanted to use 10-round tubes, I would have done it already and not been asking for suggestions on going full-blown magfed.

I'm not looking for a cheap, halfway solution. I want to make a legitimate magfed Shocker.

#10 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

only problem I see is creating a reciever to hold the magazine, that will allow for feeding of the first strike rounds. Someone made a phantom that used t8.1 magazines, and included the reciever off the t8.1 in order to retain and feed the rounds.

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#11 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Yeah, I see that rockstartactical sells the entire lower gripframe for the 8.1. I could just use one of those (since I have an 8.1 already.) It'd look retarded, but I kinda figured it would already.

#12 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Yeah, I see that rockstartactical sells the entire lower gripframe for the 8.1. I could just use one of those (since I have an 8.1 already.) It'd look retarded, but I kinda figured it would already.

That wouldn't look so bad if you chop it up. Take out everything but the very top of the mag well where the mag release is, about where it connects to the receiver. Chop off everything else, that way it won't look like a T8.1-Shocker conjoined twin.

EDIT: basically chop it up this much, and it shouldn't look too bad.
Posted Image

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 16 February 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#13 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

I could probably do something like that ^^^
I actually have a tib mag with bad seals (which I'm too lazy to replace) that's begging to be used for this....

#14 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

You should totally mag feed it and put it in some balls out milsim shell and strap everything but the kitchen sink to the rails and then play xball with it.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#15 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

1. You should totally mag feed it and
2. put it in some balls out milsim shell and
3. strap everything but the kitchen sink to the rails and
4. then play xball with it.

1. Yes
2. Maybe
3. No
4. Yes

#16 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

1. You should totally mag feed it and
2. put it in some balls out milsim shell and
3. strap everything but the kitchen sink to the rails and
4. then play xball with it.

1. Yes