10 replies to this topic

#1 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

From what I heard from a friend who's mom works for my town, says the local fire department will be making calls trying to hire 6 people. I'm not sure how true it is but just trying to stay hopeful I get called for an interview. I'm only number 19 on the list for my town but getting hired will me so happy and better myself. Not to mention some more time for paintball lol but it's not even about any of that. Have a year of ems work under my belt so trying to stay positive even though negativity is hitting me because of my placement. Just wish me luck guys! And if religious enough pray for me as I will be praying myself. Lord knows I need and want it!

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

Do you have any certs to become a firefighter?

Like an EMT cert or a FireFighter 1 cert?

#3 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

Just remember no calls 9-1-1 because they want to chat
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#4 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

I have an EMT cert that I received in August. I studied very hard for it and I'm sure ill study even harder if I get the chance to go to the academy. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with the Fire Department or a Firefighter 1 cert. that's due to most towns around me being in town volunteer only. I do have a a little over a year experience with a volunteer ems squad in my town. No better feeling than someone shaking your hand telling you thank you.

#5 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

Well good luck bud
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#6 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

Thank you sir! I'll be hoping for that call and chance

#7 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

I have an EMT cert that I received in August. I studied very hard for it and I'm sure ill study even harder if I get the chance to go to the academy. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with the Fire Department or a Firefighter 1 cert. that's due to most towns around me being in town volunteer only. I do have a a little over a year experience with a volunteer ems squad in my town. No better feeling than someone shaking your hand telling you thank you.

I knew a guy who volunteered 2 years while he worked on his EMT stuff. He said it was worth the experience even though he wasn't getting paid
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#8 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

I knew a guy who volunteered 2 years while he worked on his EMT stuff. He said it was worth the experience even though he wasn't getting paid

It definitely is worth the experience!

#9 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

As far as I now they sent letters out to people that they are going to certify and interview. As of right now I'm not one of the few :( trying to keep my head up and hopefully I get a late letter or so.

#10 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,811 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

Do you even lift, bro?
Seriously though, firefighters require a good amount of strength and endurance to manage all the gear they use on a daily basis. If you aren't on a steady strength training routine, you should really look into one.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#11 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Do you even lift, bro?
Seriously though, firefighters require a good amount of strength and endurance to manage all the gear they use on a daily basis. If you aren't on a steady strength training routine, you should really look into one.

I lift bro lol....in all seriousness I've been working out for quite some time with big break gaps in between. Been going consistently for 3 months 3 days a week. A push day, pull day, and legs and core another. Each day I also run 1-2 miles on the treadmill. Once it gets warmer ill be running 5 days a week 2-4 miles each day since I prefer outside running instead of on a treadmill. When I was doing that for 3 months I was able to run 4 miles in about 30-34 minutes

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users