• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

I have a person trading me a G6R and he says that the pressure tester isn't that important since he already tuned it. If i put a new tank on the gun that has a slightly different pressure, will i be fine? Also how long could the HP and LP Regulators ACTUALLY go without maintenance/ relubing. Lastly, Will this work for lubing the bolt? and will this work for the rest of the gun?

#2 Delicious762

Delicious762

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

I would try and get a pressure tester, they are important.You might be fine, you might not but if something goes funny a pressure tester will make things so much easier.

As for the lube, I want to say the oil will be ok for the bolt, but I believe the manual says triflow. Dow 55 is the only recommended lube for all current Bob Long guns.

Edited by Delicious762, 06 February 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#3 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

The pressure tester is totally important, DO NOT get that G6R without the pressure tester.

I believe you need to set the pressure after every time you open up the regulators to service them. You need the Pressure tester and the DOW 55. I know you need the DOW 55, but I'm not sure if that's all you need or where to use it, as I am not a Bob Long owner. So I can't answer that accurately. But that seller is full of shit, the pressure tester is absolutely important.

And I believe the Regulators need to be serviced every 10 cases of paint or once a month, or something like that. Again, I don't own a Bob Long so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Here's the manual if that helps: Click Here

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 06 February 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#4 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

What if i don't get the pressure tester now? The deal he gives me is not bad (axe+$300+a5) and it comes in the green/purple color which i really like. I really want to know how long the regulator can go unmaintained (before problems arise) because then this will tell me how long i could save money to buy a pressure tester before i actually have to maintain the reg.

Edited by marceldacs, 06 February 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#5 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

No. For an Axe, 300 cash, and an A5 the LEAST he can do is provide you with the equipment FROM THE FACTORY that you need to maintain your gun. Demand that he gives you a pressure tester if he has it. If not, buy one immediately. If not, I would either offer less money or keep the A5 because you need that pressure tester.

Is it a 2011 or 2012 G6r? If it's a 2011, offer less or keep the A5. If it's a 2012, that's not a bad deal, but the pressure tester would be a deal breaker for me.

You need it immediately because you are supposed to maintain it every 10 or so cases, and you have no idea how long it's been since he's done it.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 06 February 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#6 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

No. For an Axe, 300 cash, and an A5 the LEAST he can do is provide you with the equipment FROM THE FACTORY that you need to maintain your gun. Demand that he gives you a pressure tester if he has it. If not, buy one immediately. If not, I would either offer less money or keep the A5 because you need that pressure tester.

Is it a 2011 or 2012 G6r? If it's a 2011, offer less or keep the A5. If it's a 2012, that's not a bad deal, but the pressure tester would be a deal breaker for me.

You need it immediately because you are supposed to maintain it every 10 or so cases, and you have no idea how long it's been since he's done it.

thats a little harsh don't you think.
pressure testers aren't that expensive he can just buy one himself

#7 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Ya i agree. And it is a 2011 but the color is awsome and it comes with lp poppet and pooty bolt. How much could i realistically get a used pressure tester?

#8 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Ya i agree. And it is a 2011 but the color is awsome and it comes with lp poppet and pooty bolt. How much could i realistically get a used pressure tester?

I have one if you are interested.

A good way to know if you need a pressure tester, is "Am i asking if i need a pressure tester?" If you answered yes, then you need a pressure tester.

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

I'm siding with PREDATOR 47 on this one, a used tester may be difficult to find, and colors won't add any value, and the Axe+$300+A5 is a really bad deal on your part, especially if it is a 2011. Go looking around on a B/S/T, you can find used G6R with a tester for cheaper.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#10 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

tester are a must, some say they aren't but they are. The DOW 55 is only to be used the parts of your gun that DONT move. This is because it's a oring swelling lube, so obviously using it on the ram would cause your gun to cycle incorrectly.
109.gif

#11 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

tester are a must, some say they aren't but they are. The DOW 55 is only to be used the parts of your gun that DONT move. This is because it's a oring swelling lube, so obviously using it on the ram would cause your gun to cycle incorrectly.

Clearly, you have not owned a g6r, or any bob long gun for that matter.

please stop.

Edited by 510waffles, 07 February 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#12 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

please stop.

This. If I remember correctly jawz, you also said the geo2.1 was just as efficient as an ego11 and that the ego has terrible kick.. For the love of god. Please stop posting crap that isn't true..

Edited by Dakent, 07 February 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 • Dye 68/45 • Rotor • i4 • Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#13 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

This. If I remember correctly jawz, you also said the geo2.1 was just as efficient as an ego11 and that the ego has terrible kick.. For the love of god. Please stop posting crap that isn't true..

the ego does kick though :rolleyes:

#14 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Maybe a significantly more than a g6r for some but mine even before my dart kit was pretty smooth after 20 cases and a 2-7 solonoid. After putting in my dart kit I feel that it's lightly comparable to the smoothness of a g6r although I don't think it will get there.

Regardless, the pressure tester is a necessity for the g6r and i'm sure you will love the g6r if you decide to get it :)

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 • Dye 68/45 • Rotor • i4 • Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#15 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

please stop.

no just the other day my friend gabriel was having alot of trouble with his G6R an older guy walked past and Gabe asked him for help he told him exactly what i just said (minus the pressure tester part) and his gun now works fine? I really just repeated exactly what he told him?
109.gif

#16 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

please stop.

Yes I did, I said that because UN tuned the ego cannot shoot as much as if it IS tuned, which is implied in the statement I made, I also used a term LIKE to over exaggerate it. It kicks like a bitch as well UN TUNED. so why don't you just take a glance at my dp....

Edited by Jawz, 07 February 2013 - 08:38 PM.

109.gif

#17 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

no just the other day my friend gabriel was having alot of trouble with his G6R an older guy walked past and Gabe asked him for help he told him exactly what i just said (minus the pressure tester part) and his gun now works fine? I really just repeated exactly what he told him?

and? just because the g6r works dosent mean thats the way its suppose to be and for all g6rs

you dont NEED a pressure tester

Yes I did, I said that because UN tuned the ego cannot shoot as much as if it IS tuned, which is implied in the statement I made, I also used a term LIKE to over exaggerate it. It kicks like a bitch as well UN TUNED. so why don't you just take a glance at my dp....

what? ego out of the box will be more efficient than the geo regardless of how theyre tuned unless the ego is shooting 500 FPS.

Edited by 510waffles, 07 February 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#18 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Just get a pressure tester. It will make your life easier in the long run. I just bought a marq7 and sourced out a pressure tester her for a good price. And as for servicing the gun. I just service any gun I own after every use. Regardless what the Manuel says. I've owned from tippmanns to ego11s. I know what the Manuela say. I'm just ocd like that. Do the marq7s take Dow55 also.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users