• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Pewis

Pewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

So I was at the field the other day and we met some guys there and we decided to do a five on five. They seemed and were better than us so we just played against them. We were winning the game when we have 5 people left and they only had two. The turning point was when a friend of mine ran across the field to bunker them. He somehow missed but he just kept on running and reached the end of the field. At this point we had practically won the match. From my point of view, what had happened was that the guy who I was trading with ran back once he realized they were being bunkered and got into the same bunker his partner was in. Whilst he was running to the other bunker, I shot him 3 times in the back and he just wiped it and got in his bunker. Then, I thought to myself" i'm gonna teach this guy a lesson. So, when I shot him I don't think he had realized that those shots had come from the right side of the field which was were I was and so when he got in his bunker he didn't get comepletely in his bunker(i'm guessing he did that because there was no room) and then I just began to shoot him. I probably got him like 10 times and then he just squeezed into the bunker( he still hadn't gone out). Then I got closer, reloaded, and emptied my WHOLE hopper on him. While I was shooting him he didn't make an attempt at getting out of the game. I then reloaded again and shot him till they got the other guy out but I didn't have time to get through the whole hopper again. I probably laid like 200- 250 shots on his back. When the game stopped he pretty much began to cry. I apologized and asked him why he didn't go out but he was in too much pain and anger to respond. I explained this to his team. What do you guys think? Was it sandbagging? I prefer to have someone leave the sport than have a cheater in my games.

#2 stefan_rj

stefan_rj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

Nah. You're fine. If they guy didn't get out after you unloaded a full hopper, there's no faith left in honesty.

#3 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Honestly, you sound like a complete douche bag in my opinion and I would have banned your from the particular field I ref at if you were here. He is probably super new to the sport and maybe didn't know any better. In all honesty I hope you leave the sport and leave room for people who deserve it be in it. Also, you obviously have no idea what sandbagging is because you used it in the wrong context. By the way, how the hell is this negative news? Its just you telling a story about how you are a complete jerk. Good job.

Edited by LegionPB, 07 February 2013 - 07:40 PM.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#4 doritoboy505

doritoboy505

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

LegionPB, just stop. Obviously Pewis' opponent was not "new" if he claims they were more experienced than him. Sometimes shit happens, and its Pewis' opponent for not calling himself out; it's his fault for not raising up his gun. On the other hand, if you have shot someone and already see how much you lit them up, call a ref over there. Why was the ref not doing anything? Terrible staff at your field apparently.

Feeback! +9/-0

Bob Long Closer - Dye Rotor w/ Exalt - Ninja 68/45 w/ Exalt

#5 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Do you even know what the definition of sandbagging is?

#7 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Over shooting to that extent I feel is just WRONG and some what dangerous for ANY reason. If he did not call himself out after 10-20rnds MAX get a reff over there for a paint check. If there are no refs walk off the field yourself and report the issue to the field owner or operator. Remember IT'S a GAME we play for fun grow up and be a bit more responsible.

With the kind of overshooting stated you should have been banned/booted from the field I'm sorry but its unsafe and uncalled for. Cheaters suck but your reaction to the cheating was JUST as wrong and was out right dangerous.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#8 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Part of me wants to say the dude deserved it, cuz he didn't call himself out and wiped. But at the same time, refs are there for a reason. In a similar situation what you should have done is called a paint check, then as the ref goes over shoot him once or twice. That way he doesn't have time to wipe.
Both of you were in the wrong

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#9 Vidalecent

Vidalecent

Low-end <3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Part of me wants to say the dude deserved it, cuz he didn't call himself out and wiped. But at the same time, refs are there for a reason. In a similar situation what you should have done is called a paint check, then as the ref goes over shoot him once or twice. That way he doesn't have time to wipe.

^ I agree. I really think that guy should have called himself out after being shot so many times, but you should have also called for a paint check. It is dangerous to shoot someone so many times. I've been cut by paintballs, and have heard of people receiving concussions from being struck in the head. Next time: Paint check.

#10 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Dude, WTF is wrong with you? You made him freaking cry! Yeah sure he was cheating but you could've gotten a ref or something....You're no better than one of those douches on pbnation. I understand maybe ten balls but seriously too hoppers!??????

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#11 Delicious762

Delicious762

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Over shooting to that extent I feel is just WRONG and some what dangerous for ANY reason. If he did not call himself out after 10-20rnds MAX get a reff over there for a paint check. If there are no refs walk off the field yourself and report the issue to the field owner or operator. Remember IT'S a GAME we play for fun grow up and be a bit more responsible.

With the kind of overshooting stated you should have been banned/booted from the field I'm sorry but its unsafe and uncalled for. Cheaters suck but your reaction to the cheating was JUST as wrong and was out right dangerous.

This.

I was head ref at my field, and if I saw you do this you would have been asked to leave permanently. Regardless what the other person had done that was way uncalled for. Don't get me wrong I'm not opposed to a few extra in a situation like that, but what you described was something a little more than just cheating.

Regardless of your reason you were just as bad, if not worse than the cheater. I sincerely hope you change and mature for the sake of the sport. :tdn:

#12 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

WOW...

#13 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

^ I agree. I really think that guy should have called himself out after being shot so many times, but you should have also called for a paint check. It is dangerous to shoot someone so many times. I've been cut by paintballs, and have heard of people receiving concussions from being struck in the head. Next time: Paint check.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#14 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Really a whole hopper...dude so uncalled for. If I was him I would have dropped you on the spot.

#15 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Honestly, you sound like a complete douche bag in my opinion and I would have banned your from the particular field I ref at if you were here. He is probably super new to the sport and maybe didn't know any better. In all honesty I hope you leave the sport and leave room for people who deserve it be in it. Also, you obviously have no idea what sandbagging is because you used it in the wrong context. By the way, how the hell is this negative news? Its just you telling a story about how you are a complete jerk. Good job.

That's just an overreaction, don't be a dick about it.

Over shooting to that extent I feel is just WRONG and some what dangerous for ANY reason. If he did not call himself out after 10-20rnds MAX get a reff over there for a paint check. If there are no refs walk off the field yourself and report the issue to the field owner or operator. Remember IT'S a GAME we play for fun grow up and be a bit more responsible. With the kind of overshooting stated you should have been banned/booted from the field I'm sorry but its unsafe and uncalled for. Cheaters suck but your reaction to the cheating was JUST as wrong and was out right dangerous.

This is what I agree with. Yes, it is okay to bonus ball a wiper. But a hopper or more is just being an ass, not to mention unsafe as hell. Hit him 10-15 times max, then call for a paint check.

You overdid it a little bit. By a little bit I mean serious fucking overkill. And I believe you misused the word "sandbagging".

#16 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,230 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

That sounds like an assault charge to me, and you sir sound like an asshole, if you ever pulled that shit on me I'd stomp you, but I can't, maybe a week off while I decide if I'm going to IP ban you or not is in order.

#17 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Basically what everyone else said. A few extra but that many is terrible. I'm not gonna say to leave the sport. But this sport can be extremely dangerous so next time be a little more responsible. Send a few extra his way if he doesn't call out and the ref calls him clean then just keep playing and approach him after the game. This sport is all about learning your mistakes an fixing then for the next game. Hopefully what you took from that game was to handle that kind of situation a little more maturely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users