• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Title says it all. It would be awesome if you stated why you choose the one you did or pros and cons of each.

#2 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

I would choose the Rotor, I have one. You can find one in awesome condition for about $100, which saves you some money. It is super simple to take apart, it feeds fine (live in Houston, no jamming problems at all) and has a relatively small profile with good paint capacity. It is a really nice hopper, but I don't think you will go wrong with either.

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Spire.

I have extensively used all 4 superloaders and I love and stuck with my Spire. Next one would be a Z2 with the Hi-cap shell, then rotor then Nokio.

#4 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

At this point i would probably go spire if i was in the market, but my rotor does a fantastic job and is the simplest/idiot proof! Low maintenance and the hi-cap shell makes it a solid choice for a back player or when you're in the woods like me :)

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#5 ihavemonsterballs

ihavemonsterballs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

It depends really on you play style. If you play woodsball then defiantly the spire, it holds more paint and you are out on the field longer. If you play speedball then that is a tough choice. If you are a front of mid then use the rotor. If you are a backman, then use the spire.
Splat Tag/Vintage paintball!

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

It depends really on you play style. If you play woodsball then defiantly the spire, it holds more paint and you are out on the field longer. If you play speedball then that is a tough choice. If you are a front of mid then use the rotor. If you are a backman, then use the spire.

The Spire actually holds a little less paint than the Rotor. We did a test with my field's owner Ryan with his spire and geo 3 back before those things even came out, and the rotor holds like 10-15 more balls. Plus, the difference wouldn't even make a change in play. When I get to that many balls, I start to reload anyways.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#7 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

spire

+pros
looks great
lightweight
speeds just as fast as a rotor
not that loud when theres no more paint
never jams
if you run out of batteries you can remove the tray and use the hopper as a shake n shoot
big and wide lid
programability

-cons
expensive
not too many speedfeed choices
not really upgradable
small feedneck (it spins around on my etek)

its a really great loader with a high price tag. if you have the money get it

#8 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

From all the tests i've been watching the spire holds 205 while the rotor gets like 180-185

#9 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

From all the tests i've been watching the spire holds 205 while the rotor gets like 180-185

that is true. but i counted 230 in my spire

#10 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

The Spire actually holds a little less paint than the Rotor. We did a test with my field's owner Ryan with his spire and geo 3 back before those things even came out, and the rotor holds like 10-15 more balls. Plus, the difference wouldn't even make a change in play. When I get to that many balls, I start to reload anyways.

Ummm... No? The Spire definitely holds more, but not enough to make a huge difference.

#11 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Well with a Dm i feel the spire, since it is vibration, sensitive and the dm is pretty smooth it may have trouble picking the vibration from the dm up?

#12 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Well with a Dm i feel the spire, since it is vibration, sensitive and the dm is pretty smooth it may have trouble picking the vibration from the dm up?

I have heard of that problem with some guns, but I think that you can adjust the sensitivity to account for that. My spire has no problem with my markers, but all of them are poppet valve markers, so I don't have any experience with that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users