Photo

Feast your eyes on a pair of these. Sexy!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MrNelspot007

MrNelspot007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Thought you were going to see a pair of boobies didn't ya... sorry to disappoint.
Was just going through shoes online at dicks sporting goods and stumbled upon this pair of Adidas golf cleats...

Posted Image

...are you guys thinking what I'm thinking? At first sight I was thinking... wow wtf they are getting wacky with shoes these days, then it dawned on me... those are frigging perfect! Not only are those a flexible cleat, those are waterproof. No more paint goo soaking into the shoe.

I wonder how these hold up durability wise... I just may have to order a pair and compare them to my HK Army cleats. I like my HK cleats for being lightweight, flexible, and breathable, but my complaint is that they are lacking durability on the soles... the bottoms of the HK's are super soft and get torn up around where I live we play in the sagebrush and tumbleweed lol. So it seems that my HK cleats aren't really made for rugged ground, but they would be perfect for soft turf and indoor AstroTurf fields.

Anyhow what think?
G@оо3TT NELSON

#2 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

depends on how much they are haha

#3 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Just make sure you google search dick sporting goods and not just dicks. Some things you see can haunt you for the rest of your life... Posted Image

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

I'm doubting the gripping ability of those "cleats" on the bottom.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#5 MrNelspot007

MrNelspot007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

You kinda get what you pay for when if comes to shoes... up to a point, but HK Army has them beat in terms of affordability.

HK Army cleats are $70. Adidas crossflex golf shoe are $100.
G@оо3TT NELSON

#6 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

You kinda get what you pay for when if comes to shoes... up to a point, but HK Army has them beat in terms of affordability.

HK Army cleats are $70. Adidas crossflex golf shoe are $100.

yeah i get that, but my $20 baseball cleats havent failed me yet ;)

#7 MrNelspot007

MrNelspot007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

Well the bottoms of those cleats aren't a whole lot different from these...

Posted Image

... those aren't exactly long protruding spikes you see on the bottom. And those have been designed specifically for paintball.

I'd say the Adidas are every bit as much of a "cleat" as the HKs.
G@оо3TT NELSON

#8 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

I don't think those look like good cleats either. Just a bit of grass/dirt/mud and you're pretty much clogging up those cleats too; they look about as good as regular cross-trainers to me. I've just never had any good experiences with anything less than "true" cleats.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#9 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

For scenario, I never found anything that beat my $30 walmart hiking shoes. (Obviously there are better ones out there, but I don't want to trash a pair of $100 shoes with paint. And they were actually really comfortable)

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#10 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Just make sure you google search dick sporting goods and not just dicks. Some things you see can haunt you for the rest of your life... Posted Image

been there, done that, and in front of my dad Posted Image

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#11 MrNelspot007

MrNelspot007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

I don't think those look like good cleats either. Just a bit of grass/dirt/mud and you're pretty much clogging up those cleats too; they look about as good as regular cross-trainers to me. I've just never had any good experiences with anything less than "true" cleats.

True, but at some fields they do not allow spiked cleats. Our city ran a rec ball league for a few years but did not allow players to use "spiked" cleats for two reasons... potential to put holes in bunkers (not sure how anyone could manage doing so, but I didn't make the rules), and potential to injure other players.
G@оо3TT NELSON

#12 MrNelspot007

MrNelspot007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

I think the idea in a flexible platform shoe is that the pods on the bottom flex and adapt to the ground. Dick's describes them as follows...

PRODUCT INFORMATION

Athletic Performance with lightweight and breathable performance materials for increased flexibility and extreme comfort on the golf course. Designed to deliver enhancements in climate control, performance and comfort your day on the course is simple and relaxed. This golf shoe is ultra-lightweight to help reduce fatigue in your game and enhance energy round after round.

• Lightweight EVA spikeless outsole offer cushioning and flexibility for long-lasting comfort
  • Strategically-placed pods and zonal traction elements adapt to varying ground conditions to deliver superior stability and traction
  • CLIMAPROOF ® mesh upper provides waterproof protection with athletic functionality
  • Built on lightweight running last for athletic performance, fit and feel
  • Engineered stitching, internal gusset and lightweight TPU toe-shield provide enhanced stability and durability
  • 2-year waterproof warranty
  • adidas ®

Edited by MrNelspot007, 07 February 2013 - 11:18 PM.

G@оо3TT NELSON

#13 MrNelspot007

MrNelspot007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

For scenario, I never found anything that beat my $30 walmart hiking shoes. (Obviously there are better ones out there, but I don't want to trash a pair of $100 shoes with paint. And they were actually really comfortable)

Yeah that's always a good go to choice for scenario... you want something a bit more duty-proof.
G@оо3TT NELSON

#14 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

I've always used my pair of Adidas GSG 9.2's for everything from running through the Ravine at CPX, to sprinting around the airball fields at Camp Pendleton's Tournament Park. Haven't let me down yet, couldn't ask for a better paintball footwear...

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#15 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,105 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Completely agree with this. Golf cleats are designed to keep your stance stable while standig in place and turning to make a swing versus traction while running.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users