• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hyrinmaru

Hyrinmaru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

I have 2 cp barrel back which are .685 and .679 and a 14 inch cp front barrel and I was wondering how do I know to use one or the other? confused!

#2 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

I have 2 cp barrel back which are .685 and .679 and a 14 inch cp front barrel and I was wondering how do I know to use one or the other? confused!

Depends on what you are trying to do, and the size of your paint. If you are trying to underbore (paint smaller than barrel, = increased efficiency), then the ball should get stuck in the back, then you should be able to blow it out with a good puff. If you are trying to overbore(worse efficiency, but better in cold, or on brittle paint) then the paintballs should just barely roll through.
It really depends on your paint, and the conditions you are playing in. One is not more "accurate" than the other.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#3 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Depends on what you are trying to do, and the size of your paint. If you are trying to underbore (paint smaller than barrel, = increased efficiency), then the ball should get stuck in the back, then you should be able to blow it out with a good puff. If you are trying to overbore(worse efficiency, but better in cold, or on brittle paint) then the paintballs should just barely roll through.
It really depends on your paint, and the conditions you are playing in. One is not more "accurate" than the other.

Well to sum it all up easily:
Use the .685 for general use, and use the .679 if you have smaller paint or want to underbore.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#4 Hyrinmaru

Hyrinmaru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Well to sum it all up easily:
Use the .685 for general use, and use the .679 if you have smaller paint or want to underbore.

So you mean I can underbore anytime? And is it a good idea?

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yeah pretty much, as long as it isnt an extreme underbore like, like -.009 or something. But underboring and oveboring, you choose. It doesnt make a noticable or appreciable difference.

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Yeah pretty much, as long as it isnt an extreme underbore like, like -.009 or something. But underboring and oveboring, you choose. It doesnt make a noticable or appreciable difference.

It gives more consistent chronograph readings. Pretty appreciable difference if you ask me.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Not accuracy wise really though.