33 replies to this topic

#1 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

So all I gots is a Spyder VS3, I almost pulled the trigger on a SLG but never did then on an Etek 3 or Fusion 2 years ago but never did, I hardly ever play but I would like to more.
I have tons of crap; good mask, SP Freak barrel, parts, tackle box tool kit... just need a marker and a tank...

I want good efficiency cuz HPA costs money and I'm thinking coming from a blow-back I should get a poppit and be happy rather than be spoiled with a spool but have bad efficiency? *shrugs* also I need semi and real PSP

Reflex rail- I have always liked but it doesn't have great efficency being a spool, and doesn't seem to get a lot of praise like the DM, there are lots of under $300 gems and over $1000 gems but the $500 market seem kind of like a gray area

Fusion FX - people don't seem to like anymore... is it just old or what? Mike told me he liked it over the Reflex rail because they had ball rollback or something where the FX didn't?

Etek4 - The LT seems like a steal at $499?

Etha - also seems like a steal from mikes review

How do all of these fair to the 2011 PMR or the GOG Extcy? I might just go with one of these and play it safe?

#2 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

For your budget most here would recommend a Empire AXE. Inline poppit good efficiency smooth shooter very reliabel great trigger

Only thing is some do like the ergos and the regulator is a bit more involved to get too for maintenance.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#3 reflexowner

reflexowner

Unicorns eat tacos!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

Don't buy a g4 I had 3 all of them broke

#4 Backyard shot

Backyard shot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

Out of the four you have listed I would recommend the Etek 4 and the 2012 reflex rail. I have shot both of these markers and i like both of them. Me and my friend did a efficiency test for the fun of it and the reflex rail of 8 pods and the etek for 9 pods. If you get the reflex rail get the 2012 model. The trigger sucks on the 2011 and the bolt is a pain in the ass to get out. Another option to consider is the alien invasion i believe. They just dropped the price of these at there website. My link

#5 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

For your budget most here would recommend a Empire AXE. Inline poppit good efficiency smooth shooter very reliabel great trigger

Only thing is some do like the ergos and the regulator is a bit more involved to get too for maintenance.

Yeah no lol too small, and aren't they like $750?

Out of the four you have listed I would recommend the Etek 4 and the 2012 reflex rail. I have shot both of these markers and i like both of them. Me and my friend did a efficiency test for the fun of it and the reflex rail of 8 pods and the etek for 9 pods. If you get the reflex rail get the 2012 model. The trigger sucks on the 2011 and the bolt is a pain in the ass to get out. Another option to consider is the alien invasion i believe. They just dropped the price of these at there website. My link

the PMR is the 11 for the Reflex its either 2012 or 2013

#6 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Alien invasion is the best value in paintball :)

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#7 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

I have had an etak3 and the Etha. The etek4 won't suit you because it doesn't have true PSP like you stated you want. The Etha on the the other hand has PSP 3 ball with 1 second time out. But its efficiency is alright. But I will say what it brings to the table makes it the best bang for buck in paintball right now IMO.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#8 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

The drone dx got a fix for its wacky psp settings. So I recommend that since its pretty darn cheap, only problem is that it has a funky trigger.

#9 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Axe used is about $350.

But try for a new Alien Invasion. $499 on sale.

#10 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

I have had an etak3 and the Etha. The etek4 won't suit you because it doesn't have true PSP like you stated you want. The Etha on the the other hand has PSP 3 ball with 1 second time out. But its efficiency is alright. But I will say what it brings to the table makes it the best bang for buck in paintball right now IMO.

Really? Planet Eclips couldn't fit a real PSP mode in there? A case is a nice plus too but not a deal breaker

The drone dx got a fix for its wacky psp settings. So I recommend that since its pretty darn cheap, only problem is that it has a funky trigger.

So are they shipping that way or do you connect it to a computer?

Where can I get the Alien? I've never looked at it

Does anything in this price have an OLED board? Thats what I liked about the Fusion FX. I suppose I could just get a virtue board for any of these down the road?

What does the 13 Reflex rail have over the 12?

Edited by ScaryfatkidGT, 08 February 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#11 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

http://alienpb.com/guns/11i.php

Cappacino! there you go. Very looked over company, performs well for the price. Just ask anyone who's owned one.

#12 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Empire Axe is the exact same size as the Etek 4, Reflex, etc. Now that that's cleared up, if you can't go shoot markers yourself to figure out which is your best option then I would get an Alien Invasion for $500. You can get some great color combos and the marker is overall a fantastic gun from what I have been told.

#13 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Alien invasion is the best value in paintball :)

yup :)

#14 B-ARCHER

B-ARCHER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

not sure where you live but i would
1. take the advice given here read it and use it
2. before you buy new or used from any forum i would check your local Craigslist, you never know whats out there until you look.

#15 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

The Axe and Etek would be the most efficient but I would get an Axe because it will always shoot smoother and have the ability to be more efficient than an Etek.

not sure where you live but i would
1. take the advice given here read it and use it
2. before you buy new or used from any forum i would check your local Craigslist, you never know whats out there until you look.

In regards to this, I recommend NEVER buying off of Craigslist. You will be haunted with sand in your marker, shredded o-rings and rifled barrels.

Buy used from people who know how to take care of their markers like people for TechPB's B/S/T/ MCB's B/S/T/ or occasionally PBNation's B/S/T/.

#16 Loud-Ninja

Loud-Ninja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

with your price range i would go with either the Axe or Invasion. I have owned both and both are great guns, but I would choose the Invasion over the Axe. Thats just me though.

#17 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

So are they shipping that way or do you connect it to a computer?

I'm pretty sure you can fix the old ones via computer link, all drones from macdev now have the fix though.

#18 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

The Drone DX comes fixed out of box. It is nice because it is all aluminum and if you are playing psp a lot then it's fine but if you do lots of semi it may not be a great option.

#19 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

The Drone DX comes fixed out of box. It is nice because it is all aluminum and if you are playing psp a lot then it's fine but if you do lots of semi it may not be a great option.

Yeah, I only use semi in recball so it's going to be a challenge to walk that trigger. Ask me in a month if I hate the trigger :D

#20 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, I only use semi in recball so it's going to be a challenge to walk that trigger. Ask me in a month if I hate the trigger :D

Good luck with it man, you are getting a great quality marker, and honestly I think The Drone DX with an upgraded trigger might be better than most other gun's in the range.

#21 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

I want a new marker I don't wanna deal with used. New marker, new case, warrenty etc

All I have done is semi recball where half the people have mecs or electros with shake and shoots cuz all my VS3 has is semi, full and 3 round, I really wanna show up to a field and play some PSP type stuff to get better.

Good luck with it man, you are getting a great quality marker, and honestly I think The Drone DX with an upgraded trigger might be better than most other gun's in the range.

I like how it got 9 pods from a dump valve vs the G4/5's like 7

The only guns I have held besides Spiders and Tippmans and mecs are the PMR and a Shocker, I really loved the UL frame on the PMR.

I think its between the Drone, PRR and the Etha

I wanted to stay away from the Etha because I can afford an Etek and was assuming it was better but I guess not really?

Edited by ScaryfatkidGT, 10 February 2013 - 03:24 AM.

#22 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

thats the drone DX which has been fixed by MacDev for a few weeks now

Lulzjustacat.png

#23 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

thats the drone DX which has been fixed by MacDev for a few weeks now

That is if you can deal with the crappy trigger. There is no need to change anything on the Etha out of the box.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#24 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Yeah, I bet I'm going to have a blast. Especially upgrading from mechs.

#25 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Gee someones selling a NT11 for $475 and a DM12 for $750 or an 09 PMR for $200

#26 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

So should I get a Dye NT local for $500ish? Can someone to explain to me the NT? I am familiar with the PMR and DM but not the NT other than it didn't go over well with DM owners so they only made it for 1 or 2 years.

#27 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Also have my choice of 2 2012 Reflex Rails, a brandnew Etha or Fusion FX for $350 on the B/S/T?

I really don't know what to get, I tried to look up some shops in MN to at least hold the gun but all anyone looks to carry are fricken Tippman, Spyder, BT and US Army crap... Wish there was a single place that had GOG, Proto and Planet Eclipse stuff in stock.

#28 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

Paintball use to be on a low turn around in my area up until recently so my local shop wasn't stocking much until November when for some reason paintball got new life. Since November they have been stocking a lot and its been moving. Maybe that's why your shops don't stock much. If it won't move why have it.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#29 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Paintball use to be on a low turn around in my area up until recently so my local shop wasn't stocking much until November when for some reason paintball got new life. Since November they have been stocking a lot and its been moving. Maybe that's why your shops don't stock much. If it won't move why have it.

No I know paintball is very limited and not profetable I just hate how they stock every Tippman and US Army guns, BT stuff including the BT-7 and BT-15 and Spyders and not GOG, PRM's and Ethas? You know real guns...

Heres what I got
Enmey - Cheap then when I get a Extacy or another gun and a G1 for my woods marker (I've always just wanted a SP-1/G1) I could swap the upps
Downs - cheap, needs ups right away, no PSP, if I get a Extacy I'll have 2 lowend guns but maybe I could save for a nice gun

Extcy - Still cheap, only up it needs is a QEV and barrel I just feel like I should get something better you know mid-range ish

Etha - Is it that much better than the Extcy? Local place sells them for $365 new which is pretty affordable, comes with free lifetime service too.
Downs - Sorta has the pros and cons of both a popit and spool

Etek - Is it any better than the Etha or just louder? Trying to figure this out...
Downs - loud? Can only afford the LT? After adding a tank (I have a loader) I'll have no money.

Black Drone DX - at $429 seems like a nice gun
Downs - Havent heard good things about their CS, trigger, after adding a tank (I have a loader) I'll have no money.

Reflex rail and rotor combo - Really comfortable and the rotor I want for its tool-less design.
Downs - will be flat broke and not have money I should spend on other stuff

Forgot to mention I was planning on selling my VS3 for like $100 that worked fine last year but now the solenoid wont trip the sear so idk what to do with it, so thats part of the money issue

Edited by ScaryfatkidGT, 12 February 2013 - 10:51 PM.

#30 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Now I'm really bias because I'm a planet eclipse "fanboy" but other than the efficientcy you'll never notice the downs of the etha during play. I'm gonna assume your relatively new to the sport. So with that said the Etha should be great for you. The board is super easy to program the gun is a breaze to service. I can do it in 10 minutes and that's only if my daughter distracts me for a few. If you need to be shown how to service it jack woods of eclipse put up great video to walk you through the procedure. I can't tell you how the customer service is because in my 3 years of owning eclipse markers I NEVER had one go down on me to the point I couldn't fix it myself. For a tank can I recommend a 50 3000 until you can get the money for cf 4500. The 3000psi tanks are a good and cheap way to get into hpa. Ninja is the tank brand I prefer.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#31 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Axe or alien invasion. If you can be patient and wait until the drone dx is updated with a true psp mode and trigger, then go for it. The dp fusion fx is just old and didnt get enough afterhype. Forget the etek and the reflex rail.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#32 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Now I'm really bias because I'm a planet eclipse "fanboy" but other than the efficientcy you'll never notice the downs of the etha during play. I'm gonna assume your relatively new to the sport. So with that said the Etha should be great for you. The board is super easy to program the gun is a breaze to service. I can do it in 10 minutes and that's only if my daughter distracts me for a few. If you need to be shown how to service it jack woods of eclipse put up great video to walk you through the procedure. I can't tell you how the customer service is because in my 3 years of owning eclipse markers I NEVER had one go down on me to the point I couldn't fix it myself. For a tank can I recommend a 50 3000 until you can get the money for cf 4500. The 3000psi tanks are a good and cheap way to get into hpa. Ninja is the tank brand I prefer.

Not really that new just never had a good gun, and I want a 4500 after 5 years the 3000's are pretty much throw aways

Axe or alien invasion. If you can be patient and wait until the drone dx is updated with a true psp mode and trigger, then go for it. The dp fusion fx is just old and didnt get enough afterhype. Forget the etek and the reflex rail.

The drone is updated with a PSP mode, ther trigger I don't think they care about. Why forget the Etek and Relfex?

#33 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Not worth it. The etek trigger is meh, along with its loudness and kickyness. The reflex isnt really worth it, I meand its okay for the price, but the axe is honestly better. I forgot that the drone dx now comes with psp, so theres an option. Just the trigger isnt all that great, as i recall from my brothers Drone DX. The axe has an awesome everything, save more reg maintenence.The etha just...sucks for the most part.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 13 February 2013 - 12:11 AM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#34 stefan_rj

stefan_rj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Don't buy a g4 I had 3 all of them broke

lol Why would you buy 2 more after the first one broke? lmao

Etek 4 fo sho

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users