28 replies to this topic

#1 PieCars

PieCars

Time to nut up or shut up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

It sucks to live in MA today. Not allowed to leave my house to see my girlfriend, and none of my friends can come over, either. This storm just destroyed my weekend in one fell swoop. If we lose power I will flip a shit. I like winter, but not when it disables me from driving 10 minutes to my friend's house.

/rant

My Feedback 4/0/0

#2 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

or you could just man up and drive through the snow >.>.

#3 PieCars

PieCars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

I wish I could, my parents won't let me leave the house Posted Image and I really have no argument against them because a few months ago it was snowing and I had my jeep in 2 hi (cause the highway was plowed but not the back roads) and I lost traction and hit a rock wall. I know they're just looking out for me, but I really wish I could see my friends and my girlfriend.

My Feedback 4/0/0

#4 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

You guys didn't even get that much snow.

Harden the fuck up. :D

#5 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,918 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

Being inside on a day like today is exactly the wrong thing to do. You should be out driving. How else will you learn to drive in snow, if you never actually drive in snow?

#6 PieCars

PieCars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Being inside on a day like today is exactly the wrong thing to do. You should be out driving. How else will you learn to drive in snow, if you never actually drive in snow?

That's actually a really good point...

My Feedback 4/0/0

#7 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Yeah snow can suck, i just got called off work.
less money being earned = ... well, less money

Edited by madsnipes, 08 February 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#8 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

I wish I could, my parents won't let me leave the house Posted Image and I really have no argument against them because a few months ago it was snowing and I had my jeep in 2 hi (cause the highway was plowed but not the back roads) and I lost traction and hit a rock wall. I know they're just looking out for me, but I really wish I could see my friends and my girlfriend.

yeah Okay, I see your point. But to many people don't know how to drive on snow and ice'd roads so the best way to learn is just to do it! :)

#9 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Normal winter in Chicago.

#10 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,918 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

That's actually a really good point...

You wanna know how you learn to stop on ice? You stop on ice.

You want to learn how to control your car when it starts skidding and sliding on snow? You go out and drive in snow and make your car do that.

You want to learn how to make your car go sideways through the turns on snow? You go out and you act like a moron and you do it. Just make sure you have good insurance. And no, I'm not saying it's a good idea and that you need to do that, I'm just making a point.

The only way to learn, is to actually do it for yourself and see what happens. Sitting inside on a crappy day is a good way to never learn.

Wanna know how I learned that air pressure is important in tires? I did donuts in the snow with a tire that had too low air pressure because I never checked, and I popped the bead off the rim and had my tire go flat because of it. And trust me, it's not any fun crawling around in the snow trying to jack your car up with the crappy little emergency jack, to put on the spare tire so I can get my tire to a repair shop that can fill it up and put the bead back where it belongs.

There is no way I would've learned that by staying inside and not doing stupid shit in my school parking lot.

Your parents think they're trying to protect you, and keep you from having an accident. But really they're sheltering you and keeping you from learning and growing up. Yeah, accidents suck, they're a pain in the ass, but they're a great way to learn exactly what not to do.

When Thomas Edison was asked how he felt about failing 1,000 times to create the light bulb, he didn't say he had failed 1,000 times, he said he had learned 1,000 ways not to make a light bulb.

You learn best by screwing up and going back and learning what you did wrong, and figuring out what to do to make sure that doesn't happen again. Staying all cozy and warm inside is not a good way to learn.

Tell your parents they should stop sheltering you and let you go out and screw up, and learn from your mistakes. Just make sure they have good insurance, and that you're covered by their insurance policy first. :P

Normal winter in Chicago.

Extremely mild from what friends and family are saying. People are talking about not getting snow. :blink:

#11 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

i am a little concerned about the storm and it's effects .. and "VERY, VERY" close friend of mine has already gotten 18+ inches in Connecticut. They have a 4WD, but i know they are stubborn enugh they will prolly try to get out in this crap.

Edited by stinkfingr, 09 February 2013 - 01:47 AM.

#12 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Yeah TK...it's actually not bad at all. Very unusual haha.

#13 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Just sayin its not your parents...

Travel ban in MA, 500 buck ticket and possible jail

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#14 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

this fuckin utah winter was a bitch. got 2 feet in 1 day. shoveling's a fucker

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#15 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

You should come live in Memphis,we're lucky to get snowfall at all,and because there is literally only one other person on techpb who lives in Memphis.

#16 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

South Dakota's actually been really nice lately. Hanging around the 40's a lot recently with only a few short flurries every once in a while.
I just got back from visiting my grandparents in Western Wisconsin however. Single digits if you're lucky with at least a foot and a half of snow on the ground. For originally living in New Mexico, I'll say "fuck that".

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#17 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Just sayin its not your parents...

Travel ban in MA, 500 buck ticket and possible jail

this
On the bright side! Who doesn't love backyard pump ball in waist deep snow Posted Image you can be super tacticool!
Thanks to Nemo there are 7' piles of snow near my deck! Which by the way make excellent landing pads for jumping off the railing :)
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#18 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

I woke up this morning looked out the window, muttered something along the lines of "Fuck this shit, nemo can choke on a tampon." and went back to sleep.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#19 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

I woke up this morning looked out the window, muttered something along the lines of "Fuck this shit, nemo can choke on a tampon." and went back to sleep.

Perhaps it should be called Winter Storm Giovanna Plowman.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#20 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Its funny because a city an hour away from me just got 3 inches more snow than what has dropped over there lol

Posted Image

#21 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

I quite enjoyed it when the Mid-Atlantic got hit with the "Snowmageddon" a while back. It practically shut down everything(including everyone abandoning their cars on the highway), but I enjoyed walking out in the tranquility. It was a different experience, walking out and hearing absolutely nothing for a change. No people, no cars, no sound of traffic on the highway in the distance...

#22 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Perhaps it should be called Winter Storm Giovanna Plowman.

0_0 Somethings cant be unseen!!!

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#23 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

I live in South Florida.

/Thread

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#24 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

I live in South Florida.

/Thread

Well fuck you, fuck everything about you. GO GET A HURRICANE AND I HOPE YOUR FIELD WASHES AWAY!!!

Lucky bastard can play whenever the hell you get the tingle in your ballsack to go play.

#25 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

I live in South Florida.

/Thread

Well fuck you, fuck everything about you. GO GET A HURRICANE AND I HOPE YOUR FIELD WASHES AWAY!!!

Lucky bastard can play whenever the hell you get the tingle in your ballsack to go play.

Lol Hurricanes are nothing. Besides, there are at least 10 fields within an hour of me, I'm sure at least one would be playable after a hurricane.

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#26 PieCars

PieCars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

I actually just vacationed in south florida, but my parents wouldn't let me go paintballing there :( at least there's ashland indoor!

My Feedback 4/0/0

#27 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

You guys didn't even get that much snow.

Harden the fuck up. :D

True story.

#28 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Sign language at the end of vid...

Posted Image

#29 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

Snow fills in the pot holes so we drive faster.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users