• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 BLUEBALLER101

BLUEBALLER101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Ok so ive been playing for awhile and im playing competativly and have been for about 2 years now with Divisional players, but my biggest issue is i can put paint down the field but its not doing much, I want to start doing good in the games I play and star contributing to my team what should i practice or work on, should I move up the field more and get those shots or should i work on being a better shot or what i dont get it everybody else can shoot out there mirror or someone down field but i cant what do I need to work on and what should I do to help this thank you very much and I hope to get alot of feedback.
BORN TO BALL!!!!!!

#2 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

it might be your accuracy. is your barrel always clean? try moving up so you get closer shots. paintball guns dont have a long range unless your using first strike rounds. maybe its your velocity, your gun or maybe just you?????????

#3 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

i would also suggest to try moving up more.

#4 BLUEBALLER101

BLUEBALLER101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

it might be your accuracy. is your barrel always clean? try moving up so you get closer shots. paintball guns dont have a long range unless your using first strike rounds. maybe its your velocity, your gun or maybe just you?????????

Im using an etek 3 lt i have for who knows how long ive been using a penut tank and I have long arms, but i just got a 68/45 ninja so that may help, i dont think its my gun its always clean i think its just me honestly, how do i improve my accuracy shoot some cones thats all ive found. how far do you think i should move up before i can get a decent shot D1.. D2? usually the only time you get shots at my field is 50 dorito.but the way people play at my field unless your division 2 its hard moving up that far being D4
BORN TO BALL!!!!!!

#5 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

i also use an etek 3 am.i would try to move up as far as you can. and try setting up a target at your house like maybe a wall and a piece of cardboard sticking out and shoot at that. but shoot it from were you play on the field. maybe your bore size is too big or to small???? what do you use????

#6 BLUEBALLER101

BLUEBALLER101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

I always get shot out when i try moviing
BORN TO BALL!!!!!!

#7 BLUEBALLER101

BLUEBALLER101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

i also use an etek 3 am.i would try to move up as far as you can. and try setting up a target at your house like maybe a wall and a piece of cardboard sticking out and shoot at that. but shoot it from were you play on the field. maybe your bore size is too big or to small???? what do you use????

I just have the stock barrel paint im usually using 68.
BORN TO BALL!!!!!!

#8 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Get a good angle and maybe your aiming to low? Paintball is a game of angles who ever has the better angle will win unless of course your trying to get people off the break.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#9 BLUEBALLER101

BLUEBALLER101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

I never really thought about aiming to low except when i shoot off the break.. hmm that could be something
BORN TO BALL!!!!!!

#10 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

That is one of my problems I was having I would hit people low and it wouldnt break on their stomach, legs or wherever I was hitting if you aim a little higher you have a better chance at mask, marker or pack shots which have a better chance at breaking.

#11 BLUEBALLER101

BLUEBALLER101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

That is one of my problems I was having I would hit people low and it wouldnt break on their stomach, legs or wherever I was hitting if you aim a little higher you have a better chance at mask, marker or pack shots which have a better chance at breaking.

Do you have any tips on moving up the dorito side without getting shot should i try shooting and going or bumbing and siding
BORN TO BALL!!!!!!

#12 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

When moving up make sure you have a bunker between you and snake so he can't get you. make sure snake isn't looking inside and is battling tape or his mirror. Always put your mirror in before bumping up.

Lulzjustacat.png

#13 BLUEBALLER101

BLUEBALLER101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

When moving up make sure you have a bunker between you and snake so he can't get you. make sure snake isn't looking inside and is battling tape or his mirror. Always put your mirror in before bumping up.

well its usually home or a someone between D1 and home that gets me or someone a little closer to the snake but never snake, when im bumping up should i shoot while im bumping or just shoot then dive in as quick as i can?
BORN TO BALL!!!!!!

#14 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

If your getting hit off the break J turn into your bunker, fire wait till they seek cover then run or sprint your ass off Posted Image

#15 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

I would like to admit that my accuracy is horrible. I require at least 1 ball before or five seconds before I can get on target. So when I find myself snap shooting my opponent I generally do the following.

First time I pop out to snap shoot I fire two ball to adjust my aim and get the feel for where I need to shoot. From that point on I aim just outside the edge of the bunkers so they can see the balls fly by which forces them to wait or wrap around.

When I hide again and they start shooting, i try to see if I can hear their marker before the ball hits my bunker.

If I can the the next time I pop out I start putting balls down the both sides of their bunkers and then post up. When they pop out try to shoot them then but if I don't get them I hide again.

Once we commence the battle I rush to a bunker on the side they did not pop out on and shoot them in the back.

One time a guy tried to bunker me while we were snap shooting but because I was moving for the better angle I came around my bunker and shot him the back.

Although if the other person on his team was looking then I would have been out.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#16 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

I always get shot out when i try moviing

then you need to work on that. moving is the key to paintball

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#17 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

How often do you completely take apart and service your gun?
Oh and practice snapping from behind cover and shooting a soda can that's hanging from a string. At least 15 yards away. Btw you should also learn to not have to aim by looking at the first shot. You should develop a "feel" for where it's going to land. Practice this by only shooting once for every time you snap shoot that can. Good luck, peace.

Edited by CptKaveman, 08 February 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#18 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Just work the angles!

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#19 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

Use quality paint and get enough experience with your gun to learn exactly how it shoots. Find a way to hold the gun that is comfortable, stable, and naturally repeatable.
Keep in mind that you shouldn't be trying to "thread the needle" with a paintball gun, it's just not going to happen without a good bit of luck.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#20 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

In all honesty the easiest way to get eliminations in paintball is to work the angles until you can broadside someone. Find an exposed side and shoot a nice stream until you see a break and a hand. People tend to walk off the field at that point.

If you find yourself in the awkward situation of trying to longball your mirror playing back GOOD LUCK they are awful far away for anything to be really effective, just hope god likes you that particular day. Shoot high and try to time up his snaps to have paint already in the air when he snaps out and hope it hits something hard like a hopper or mask.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#21 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

I am assuming you play more back if you are wondering if you should move up more. I am a back player and I wasn't hitting anybody off break, but I found an easy solution for a drill that I worked on at practice. I just take a stake of some king and put it in the ground and then placed an empty box on top. It gives me a target to focus on off of beak. You can also set up a camera or have somebody else stand to the side down there to see if your balls are going to high or to low. Everybody should work on moving out and up because you just never know. I used this same drill but moved the box about ten feet closer and practiced running and gunning. If you want to spice it up add a slide into a bunker.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#22 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Shoot where they're gonna be and not where they are.

#23 H2Oman251083

H2Oman251083

-=[ MJ ]=-

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

All are good suggestions but I'd like to step back a lil and explain a bit more.
In tournament play, contributing does not necessarily mean getting kills. Generally front players get more kills, not always.

Getting kills:
- Back players generally get kills from laning. Even if there's noone running, keep throwing paint if you know you're protecting key bunkers.
- Front players get kills by moving up and wide to get a better angle.

Skill that can be learned to get kills is gun battle, which includes snap shooting. To be a good snap shooter, one needs to have good gun control. Know your gun! that way you can visualize the target without peeking out and when you snap out, u automatically know where to place your shot.

Personally, effective communication is the single most important factor in tournament play.

There's so much more I want to write, but I don't want it to drag too long.. I say get a static group of ppl and work on communication and keep practicing. You'll start figuring out your mistakes and weaknesses. Fix 'em and think how to win games. Getting kills will come with it. Hope this helps.

Aggressive Factory - California Karnage