• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hyrinmaru

Hyrinmaru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Ok I'm fairly new to paintballing and I really like the sport! I want to play competitive. I want to learn how to play competitive and what I would need to learn to play competitive! Where I could play it and also do I need a team and if so how do people recruit other people to play with them? Is there like a try out?

#2 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Woah woah woah. Lets backtrack so you want to play competitive speedball? If so it really depends on where you are. If your a noob fresh off of renting you will need your own gear. Mask, Tank, Loader then marker is the usual order most people will suggest you go. Heres a decent example...

Empire Axe
Any 68/45
Halo B
Sly Profits

Now after that is done you can slowly add other bits and pieces like a pack, pants and jersey. Now before you do all that hit the field a few times be it speedball or woodsball get familiar with the sport and how it works and dont for get there is always the UWL if you enjoy woodsball! Before you find a team and GO PRO (because its that simple) you should get some experience walk on for awhile get to know people. THEN after a while of doing that someone may invite you to an already established lower division team or you can participate in tryouts or you can go the twisted broken path of creating your own team...

There is not one way to do it and you gave very little information to work with and I also expect to see TL;DR when I come back after you comment but thats how most people I know did it and you can to!!!

NOW RUN LUKE RUN... TO YOUR LOCAL FIELD AND PROSHOP!!!

Edited by spqr-king, 08 February 2013 - 03:20 PM.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#3 Hyrinmaru

Hyrinmaru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Ok I bought the empire axe and it hasn't came in yet also I'm going to go buy a ninja 68/4500 tank and was think about buying a rotor or a halo too. So what would be skill that I need to practice on to make me a better player?

#4 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Ok I bought the empire axe and it hasn't came in yet also I'm going to go buy a ninja 68/4500 tank and was think about buying a rotor or a halo too. So what would be skill that I need to practice on to make me a better player?

Everything. Break outs, laning, snap shooting, sliding/diving, field awareness, communication, bunkering, maintaining gear and just getting a feel for how you need to react in certain situations. You really just need to put in as much time as possible at the field playing with good players. But it'll probably take a while to get on a team.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#5 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Everything. Break outs, laning, snap shooting, sliding/diving, field awareness, communication, bunkering, maintaining gear and just getting a feel for how you need to react in certain situations. You really just need to put in as much time as possible at the field playing with good players. But it'll probably take a while to get on a team.

^ This. Just play dude... Go out and play with random teams. Practice 1v1's and the basics. Put in the time and you will get better and those teams you are practicing with will notice!

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#6 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Go to your local field and see if anybody is interested in playing or if people need more players on their team. Make friends in the world of paintball.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Dont ask anyone though. Play well and, sorry to say this, be agg. Like HKarmy agg. Trust me, its the easiest way to get attention at the field. But just play a lot to get good experience. But I wouldnt ask to be on a team. I would wait until a team comes YOU. If they come to you then you know you're team material.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 Hyrinmaru

Hyrinmaru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Dont ask anyone though. Play well and, sorry to say this, be agg. Like HKarmy agg. Trust me, its the easiest way to get attention at the field. But just play a lot to get good experience. But I wouldnt ask to be on a team. I would wait until a team comes YOU. If they come to you then you know you're team material.

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

#9 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

No. I disagree with this completely. Being "Agg" may get you attention, but not necessarily the attention you want. Be that guy everyone is afraid to see across the field, not the guy who treats paintball like a fashion show. Don't be an ass, be an asset. That will get you a team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users