which should i get ego 11 or 2012 g6r i need help

#2 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Im not a huge fan of egos, I'd take the g6r. Ego 11s are amazing guns, but they don't have the best shot quality, especially compared to the g6r.

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#3 pumpbusters

pumpbusters

Hasa Diga Eebowai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

They do if they're tuned right, problem is a lot of people who shoot poppets know what the hell they're doing when they open the gun.

Either way I love anything bob long has ever made, and the g6r is no exception.

First After Mike!

what did I tell about doing that?

"If at first you don't succeed pump, pump again." -me

#4 Moraken

Moraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

personall preference, whatever you can find for a better deal

#5 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

For me, you need to get all the info you can about both, and I'm not just talking about the specs on a sheet.

Learn about the gun its innards, its cosmetic features, and look at other factors such as with a G6R is highly highly Recommended by both Bob Long and Ninja to use a SLP reg or some other way to get the pressure way down is that a problem? Do you already own a a good tank and don't have cash to straight off buy a new Regulator.. listen to owners asking questions about their gun having malfunctions "Why is this leaking?" , "G6R chopping a lot of paint" , "Ego 11 wont go past 240fps"

Then by your own standards look at how many malfunctions were on both sides(G6R/Ego), and if the user posted that the problem stopped; see how easy it was to get that Ego 11 past 240fps with maybe a few turns of a Allan key, or look into why the G6R was chopping, maybe the owner had to spend money to fix the issue that if happened to the other marker see how cheap parts are for them both..

buyers will sometimes buy something just cause his friends did or "it looks cooler". When your about to spend mass amounts of Cash($500+), that's when you REALLY REALLY need to do vasts amount of research on everything. And just don't end it with just research about the gun, go to a field and just Ask other owners if you could just try it out(a ton of owners love to flaunt there stuff) Cause It sold me my G6R. I was testing a Demon and a G6R and for me, the G6R felt a little more "poppy" then the Demon but I knew the G6R consistency was off the chart so I was willing to sacrifice a small amount of "Smoothness" for the added bonus of NEVER EVER running out of air unless you have neglected looking at your tank for like 3 games.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users