• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hyrinmaru

Hyrinmaru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

What's a decent pump marker to get because I have never used pump and really want to buy one and try it out! Any suggestion?

#2 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

What is your budget?

#3 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Azodin kaos pump

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#4 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

Lots of good options. For a starter I recommend starting with an open class pump (so like semi play you have a hopper and tank).

You have two main options for open class pumps. Sniper based (stacked tube) or Nelson based (inline)

For sniper based on a budget New you have basically only one option the Azodine Kaos pump. Witch is a smooth good regulated pump at a decent price. It has cocker threads and a clamping feed neck. It's a great basic pump but lacks an Auto trigger feature ya get with Nelsons and higher end sniper based stuff like Empires sniper and CCM stuff. Used you have lots of good options like used trilogy pumps and WGP snipers and Pump converted Autocockers.

Personally I have always prefered Nelson based and on a budget you have many more options newand used. The best of the bunch would likely be a vertical feed bottom line CCI Phantom. But at around the $100mark there are decent options in the TIPPMANN and EMPIRE TRRACER. Both those have some limits. The TRRACER is good has a autococker barrel but the bolt only last for maybe 20 cases were you will need to contact Empire and they will send you a new one free. The Tippmann is great durable and will last forever But there is really no upgrades for it and no barrels, so no way to under bore to prevent roll outs (easily fixed with the tape mod).
Now most nelsons wont have as smooth a pump stroke. But doo offer auto trigger (hold trigger and pump to fire). Witch helps when transferring from semi play.

Personally I shoot a Tippmann SL-68II. it's not fancy or as nice as a Phantom or some sniper based stuff. But it's built to last and it just fits perfect in my hands. I used to have a phantom and though I miss it the Tippmann just feels better to me in my hands and cost half what a basic phantom would run.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Nelsons are nice. I gotta friends phantom, and the pump stroke is sexy. The only thing that im not a fan if the over the barrel pump handle. I prefer snipers for the most part because they hold like any other marker.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#6 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

start with a trilogy or Kaos pump and find out if you like pump.

#7 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

I would personally start out with a triliogy.....cheap and gets the job done well...

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#8 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

I would go trilogy also, they are pretty cool little pumps.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users