• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 itsjonbro

itsjonbro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

For 450-500, Would the Axe or The Etek 4 be the best deal? Can't get upgrades for awhile as this will be all my cash, Don't want to have something breaking,leaking every use like my g3.

There's only one shop in my area that carries them both & won't even let me fire them. So I'm having to make a guess on which I'd want. Asking for opinions. Anything is an upgrade from my tippmanns & DP.

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Go used. A G3 to either of those isn't that massive an upgrade to warrant $500. However, for that money you can get something like a G6R, Victory or Geo 2, which is about as good as it gets really. But from those two, Axe, far, far quieter and smoother, and near enough the same efficiency. Ergonomics and looks are crappy though, also it doesn't have the super sweet ass manual (in full colour) like the Etek has.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 itsjonbro

itsjonbro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Go used. A G3 to either of those isn't that massive an upgrade to warrant $500. However, for that money you can get something like a G6R, Victory or Geo 2, which is about as good as it gets really. But from those two, Axe, far, far quieter and smoother, and near enough the same efficiency. Ergonomics and looks are crappy though, also it doesn't have the super sweet ass manual (in full colour) like the Etek has.

My limit is pretty much 500$ I really wanted to get a geo 2 but for 700+ it's way out of my range

#4 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

You can find Geo 1.9 used for like $500.

If you had to choose between the two I'd say Axe, but the Etek 4 has user serviceable regulator.
But really look around our BST and you'll find good deals on things a lot better than those guns.

#5 madsnipes

madsnipes

Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Axe

#6 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

Etek 4. They are a bit loud, but thats really it. If ya tweak em right, they should really nicely :).

Edited by Syrellaris, 09 February 2013 - 11:07 PM.

#7 Teba

Teba

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

Between the Axe and Etek, I'd go with an Axe.

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

My limit is pretty much 500$ I really wanted to get a geo 2 but for 700+ it's way out of my range

Geo 2s are definitely not $700+. 2.1s maybe but all they have is a different ASA and reg collar.

#9 TheRealistBaller

TheRealistBaller

I wear MoonShoes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

AXE AXE AXE AXE AXE, go look at the review by sticktodrum on yt of the axe and etek, the axe is quieter, more efficient, better trigger, and lighter I think, plus unless u buy the "am" version of the etek u don't get a metal feedneck...witch is fahken ridiculous
hey i play paintball

#10 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

Etek 4 is probably all around easier to take care of and deal with but the Axe does have a better trigger and smoother shot.

#11 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

Personally I'd rather an Etek, they are loud but when I was looking into an Axe I learned that 3 separate people had boards go dead on them last summer at my local field.
But as it was said before, used is going to get you a better gun.

#12 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

I would get the axe based souly on kees top notch customer service.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#13 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

AXE AXE AXE AXE AXE, go look at the review by sticktodrum on yt of the axe and etek, the axe is quieter, more efficient, better trigger, and lighter I think, plus unless u buy the "am" version of the etek u don't get a metal feedneck...witch is fahken ridiculous

yes, the Axe is quieter and thats about all there is it to it. both the axe and etek have around the same efficiency, the eteks trigger is excellent and there about the same in weight too. Also I own the Etek 4 LT and the feedneck is really really sturdy. It won't break on you unless you do some weird stuff with it.

#14 TheRealistBaller

TheRealistBaller

I wear MoonShoes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

yes, the Axe is quieter and thats about all there is it to it. both the axe and etek have around the same efficiency, the eteks trigger is excellent and there about the same in weight too. Also I own the Etek 4 LT and the feedneck is really really sturdy. It won't break on you unless you do some weird stuff with it.

Etek trigger BLOW CACK and if ur gunna spend 500 bucks a metal feedneck should be standard...and I have held both, an axe is lighter by some and the whole trigger frame is thinner giving it a more ergonomic feel...and Ethel's are sooo loud there's a reason why we call one of my friends etek "the quake maker" lol and you don't see professionals using reeks over axe bud
hey i play paintball

#15 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

just because a feedneck is composite, doesn't mean that it is weaker. so whether a 400 dollar marker should come with a aluminum feedneck or not is a different discussion. Also the etek is not that loud. those saying they are are strongly overreacting. as for the trigger, you need to take the time to set it right for you, i did and i have zero issues with it. Also i'm not even going to comment on your professional comment.

#16 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

why not consider the DroneDX? :D

Posted Image
Professional Web & Graphic Designer | Web Development

Converting your ideas into a graphic reality and giving it a web presence - Contact me | Facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks

#17 TheRealistBaller

TheRealistBaller

I wear MoonShoes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

just because a feedneck is composite, doesn't mean that it is weaker. so whether a 400 dollar marker should come with a aluminum feedneck or not is a different discussion. Also the etek is not that loud. those saying they are are strongly overreacting. as for the trigger, you need to take the time to set it right for you, i did and i have zero issues with it. Also i'm not even going to comment on your professional comment.

why would you take the time to do all of this when the axe already has a beast trigger and a 'real' feedneck and yes, eteks ARE LOUD AF. Like ive said ive played speedball with them stock and one with a cure 3 and zick kit in its still loud and an axe has a much smoother shot. Dont be defending the etek just b/c u have one...man up and admit you made the wrong choice when buying your gun lol and i guess you could argue about how the kick is a bit more intense on the etek since its a poppet and the axe is an "inline poppet" basically a spool. But it comes down to preference really so we could argue till the sun goes dark doesnt matter to me...

...well it does have like 5492376412976342 orings on the bolt...or is that the clone...idk
hey i play paintball

#18 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

why would you take the time to do all of this when the axe already has a beast trigger and a 'real' feedneck and yes, eteks ARE LOUD AF. Like ive said ive played speedball with them stock and one with a cure 3 and zick kit in its still loud and an axe has a much smoother shot. Dont be defending the etek just b/c u have one...man up and admit you made the wrong choice when buying your gun lol and i guess you could argue about how the kick is a bit more intense on the etek since its a poppet and the axe is an "inline poppet" basically a spool. But it comes down to preference really so we could argue till the sun goes dark doesnt matter to me...

...well it does have like 5492376412976342 orings on the bolt...or is that the clone...idk

I agree with everything you said about the axe and why its better than the etek, but...

Newbie, I didnt think it was possible for me to even co-hon-sider that you could sound any more idiotic, I mean my god Allis if I see one more "teextz lingo" or grammar error come out of your little feminine lips I might just...die. Because honestly, I'm damn sure that none of us could eee-hee-ven start to give a rats ass about anything you said. Now I know, you weren't taught english properly because your parents put so much of 'wrong' in your cereal when you were going through your teenie years. Which, by the way, Janice, I heard that Brad never actually loved you, despite his texts and facebook posts, and that he actually cheated on you for Britney because he thought she was the most special special special unique girl in the world. But that doesnt mean that your tragedy, combined with your first years of menstration, is an excuse for your god awful grammar. So why dont you actually stop looking at your texts to your gff, and actually type correctly?
*taps own nose with thumb, grunts, and shoulders your shoulder when walking away to force you to look at me walking off*

/scrubsrant

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#19 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Again, Aluminum or composite feedneck does not matter. They are both feednecks and it being composite, does not make it any less real then an aluminum one. They are both though as can be and are not going to break. I also always said the Axe is quieter then the Etek, I just do not agree with the standard bias responses that they sound like jack hammers, when they don't. People overreacting on the sound is just so annoying these days.

Why would anyone spend time with there marker to set it to THERE desired settings, after all stock performs just fine is it not? Exactly, it doesn't. You want to personalize and optimize the settings of the marker as well as the trigger to your own liking. The Etek is no different. Besides everyone has different preferences regarding a marker. I personally don't like the way the Axe looks.

I love my Etek and it performs great, so no I did not make the wrong choice. It is not to heavy, not to light and the grips are just fine for me.

But.. Just because people have a Bias towards the Axe does not make the Axe better or worse. They are about equal and thats what they always will be.

Edited by Syrellaris, 13 February 2013 - 02:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users