• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

So i have a small leak on the pin oring on my 2k11 g6r. Before replacing it, i want to see if a little lube will work on it. What type of lube will work and is it safe? Also, is it normal that if i screw in the ASA knob ALL the way in, it leaks a lot? For me, i have to twist it all the way in, and then back it out like 1/2 a turn

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Dow 55 on everything but the bolt, and Tri flow on the bolt. Macrolineguy.com sells both.

#3 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

but is it normal for air to be coming out if the knob is turned ALL the way in? For example, if it turn it 1/2 turn out from all the way in, it doesn't leak

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

but is it normal for air to be coming out if the knob is turned ALL the way in? For example, if it turn it 1/2 turn out from all the way in, it doesn't leak

It is most likely a torn ASA oring, which was common on 2011 G6Rs without the new ASA pin. I would try checking that and then seeing if you have the new pin. If you don't it will probably save you a lot of time, effort, frustration, and orings to get the updated pin from BLAST.

#5 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

I found where it is leaking from. It is leaking from the area where the grip frame and asa connect, on the right side of the gun. Now what?

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

I found where it is leaking from. It is leaking from the area where the grip frame and asa connect, on the right side of the gun. Now what?

Check the seals there.

#7 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Check the seals there.

The only seal there would be the oring connecting the little hole of the asa, to the entrance of the air transfer tube in the grip frame right? I just got this gun yesterday and it looks as if the ASA had been dropped on the ground or something. There is a scratch but the metal isn't bent. I don't have to worry about this correct? The seal is holding the pressure, not the metal right?

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

Check the seals there.

The only seal there would be the oring connecting the little hole of the asa, to the entrance of the air transfer tube in the grip frame right? I just got this gun yesterday and it looks as if the ASA had been dropped on the ground or something. There is a scratch but the metal isn't bent. I don't have to worry about this correct? The seal is holding the pressure, not the metal right?

It shouldnt matter if its just a scratched anno.

#9 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Even if the metal was slightly bent, do i have to worry? It isn't like the metal holds the pressure but instead the oring does, right?

#10 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

The oring just creats an air tight seal between the pieces of metal where they join. That being said the metal may be bent enough to break that seal and thats whats causing your leak. Try replacing the oring as well even if it looks ok.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#11 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

The oring just creats an air tight seal between the pieces of metal where they join. That being said the metal may be bent enough to break that seal and thats whats causing your leak. Try replacing the oring as well even if it looks ok.

Well there really isn't any visible damage to the metal. Even if the metal was bent, i think it is bent on the exterior where there aren't any orings. How likely is the leak being cause by using dow 33 on the oring and using a 600 psi tank? I also tried replacing the orings.

#12 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

Use 55 on the orings not 33 for future reference

Edited by XxJellyFilledxX, 11 February 2013 - 01:21 PM.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#13 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

So did using the HP actually break the orings that i have to buy new ones, or did it break the seal that the orings formed? Is all i have to do when i have the LP tank is relube the orings with dow 55 or must i replace the orings? The orings all look fine.

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

So did using the HP actually break the orings that i have to buy new ones, or did it break the seal that the orings formed? Is all i have to do when i have the LP tank is relube the orings with dow 55 or must i replace the orings? The orings all look fine.

No one can tell you without actually examining with the gun. If you had read the G6R manual you would have known not to use Dow 33 or HP air in the first place.

Start by relubing the orings at th site of the leak with Dow 55 and giving them some time to swell. If that doesnt help replace the orings.

#15 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

No one can tell you without actually examining with the gun. If you had read the G6R manual you would have known not to use Dow 33 or HP air in the first place.

Start by relubing the orings at th site of the leak with Dow 55 and giving them some time to swell. If that doesnt help replace the orings.

i recently got this gun in a trade at a field and had someone else adjust my tank to LP. Turns out that the person didn't do it correct and only took out one shim when they shouldve taken out two. The previous owner also didn't use dow 55 at all so i am stuck in a weird place. How long does it take dow 55 to swell orings.

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

i recently got this gun in a trade at a field and had someone else adjust my tank to LP. Turns out that the person didn't do it correct and only took out one shim when they shouldve taken out two. The previous owner also didn't use dow 55 at all so i am stuck in a weird place. How long does it take dow 55 to swell orings.

No offense , but I hope you've learned something from this experience then.

I honestly have no idea how long the Dow 55 should take but Id wager and hour or two would be plenty.

I sincerely hope you get your gun working so you can go and enjoy it!

#17 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

I usually let my o-rings sit in dow 55 for a half hour or so then put them in the marker and leave it sit for another half hour for the o-rings to seat before airing it up. Odds are the high pressure blew an o-ring and it will have to be replaced. You won't know until you take it apart.

Had it been me I would have replaced every single o-ring in the marker before even airing it up. :unsure:

And if you've used Dow 33 on the marker it can void the warranty...so never use it.

#18 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

It wasn't really high pressure, more like medium pressure. I opened it up and all the orings look fine and they weren't broken or anything. Will probably just have to relube everything. I actually figured that the leak is coming from between the grip frame and asa which means that the oring connecting the ASA and grip frame isn't holding in the air. Is it VERY likely that the cause of the leak is the use of 600psi and that the oring that is leaking does not have dow 55 on it?

Edited by marceldacs, 13 February 2013 - 08:03 PM.

#19 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

make sure you have updated asa pin. if you shouldnt need to put any lube on the updated ASA pin, putting 55 on the orings will just have them tear faster

dow55 should be used on everything else.
the user of 600 psi can cause leaks so dont try anything until you get low pressure.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users