• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin_15

Kevin_15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Hey everyone i'm currently trying to buy a new woodsball gun. I'm looking on my local craigslist and I've found two guns that i'm stuck in between with.
The first gun is a tippmann sierra one/project salvo for a total of $145 and includes:
- 3000psi CO2 tank
- basic gravity feed hopper
- foregrip

The second gun is a basic Tippmann A5 for a total of $90 for just the gun and hopper that originally comes with it.

I don't tend to do many upgrades to the sierra one other then a laser mount. but with the A5 i would probably want it having that mp5 look.
What package is worth the buy here? I want to save money, and need someones opinion who might have owned either one of these guns before. Thank you in advance!

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

There is no such thing as a 3000 psi CO2 tank.

The foregrip does nothing.

Why have a laser mount when it does absolutely nothing.

All in all I would get that A5 and just buy a crappy gravity hopper at WalMart. Woodsball markers can be speedball markers as well. Speedball markers are more efficient, lighter, and can take the same beating a woodsball marker can minus a tippmann 98.

Edited by kingJurzy, 11 February 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#3 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Get the A5 if your set on one of those but I would check out other markers personally...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#4 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Get a SP vibe, Azodin kaos, azodin blitz, ion, gog enmey, gog-g1, SP Sp-1....Way better markers for that price range. Especially used!!!!

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#5 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Personally would do a used 98 type marker (BT-4 slice, FT-12, ect) , ANSGear 48/3k tank, and a v1 or v2 prophecy. Should ring up to about $110. If the eNMEy is all that it is hyped up to be (I havent shot it so I'm not going to recommend it or diss it) I would go with that over the FT-12.

And since TechPB loves to tell you that mask and padding are first I will let someone else handle that (I agree with them but I don't want to fucking type up all that shit)

Edited by get.lit.up!, 11 February 2013 - 08:52 PM.

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#6 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

You're better off with a carver one it has the same internals, but a lot less useless crap on it.
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#7 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

The Project Salvo is NOT worth the money.
I made the mistake of buying one, was fun to play with an assault rifle but I came down with fatigue near the end of the day and it was hard to keep the marker up when others would shoot 15 BPS towards me.

I would suggest buying the GOG Enmey instead, it is $130 new and will be a much better marker than those two. The tippmann line is basically all the same marker save for the Phenom and Crossover.

#8 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Out of those I would take the A5 but beware that you will grow tired of either of those guns quick. They are big, heavy, slow, inefficient, loud, and kick/vibrate like hell. After you've gotten over all the "my paintball gun looks like a machine gun" fuss that newbies go through, you will want a "speedball" marker since they out perform "woodsball" guns in pretty much every category except the fact that Tippys are pretty much indestructable.

I would go ahead and look for a used Smart Parts Vibe or Gog Extcy. Or a used Proto Rail, Proto Pm5, or Proto Pm6. All of those 4 are very quiet guns, great for the woods, and they can all be easily found for around $150.
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#9 The Dad

The Dad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Tippman 98 custom with e trigger.... durability with the electronics to make it compete with other etriggs... don't forget the speed feed!!!!

#10 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

I would NOT recommend the 98 with e-grip.
Ebolt maybe, but that's because I have a soft spot for ebolts in my heart and it makes the tippmann electropnuematic which is a plus.

But that's off topic, like I said try for a GOG enmey or shoot for an Extcy.
used you can find extcy for $180, which can give you a much much much better deal.
If you want new then buy the enmey for $130.

#11 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Tippman 98 custom with e trigger.... durability with the electronics to make it compete with other etriggs... don't forget the speed feed!!!!

You are wrong on so many levels.

#12 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

You are wrong on so many levels.

hahaha

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

I would first buy a nice mask, tank, and loader first. Don't get the Tippmann A5, it has a crappy hopper that can't be changed, and the profile is ridiculous. I actually would get a nice 'speedball' marker, since they preform much better than the generic woodsball markers: Tippmanns. I wouldn't get anything from Tippmann, they are large, heavy, the shot quality is silly crap since it's 2013 and its the same loud kicky system since 1998. They encourage users to buy useless upgrades and attachments that do nothing but hinder the movement of the user, and make it look tacticool.

Mask: Go get either a high end mask, such as the Dye i4, or if you have a larger head, the Empire E-Flex. If you do not have the money for either, I would look at the V-Force Grillz, and nothing below that price range, as they are not worth it in the long run.

Tanks: Go with HPA always, and make sure it's carbon fiber. All of the tanks are exactly the same; the only difference is the regulator. The best ones are the Disruptive Regulators and the Ninja Regulators, since they allow you to change the output pressure of the tank, but you really don't need to get one of those. Just get any carbon fiber tank you like and is in your budget.

Hoppers: I would look at the Pinokio, Empire Halo Too, Empire Scion, or Spyder Fasta 18v. That or you could just go to any of the highend super-loaders: Dye Rotor, Empire Prophecy Z2, Virtue Spire.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#14 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

Get the Smart Parts SP-1 for $125 from ANS gear.

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Get the Smart Parts SP-1 for $125 from ANS gear.

Good gun, but he doesn't have to buy a milsim marker for it to be woodsball.

#16 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

We're gonna assume he wants one because he wants a Project Slavo instead of a regular Tippmann.

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

We're gonna assume he wants one because he wants a Project Slavo instead of a regular Tippmann.

Fair enough. GoG G1 or the SP1 are great choices then, and he can have it blackhearted if he really wants to. I would do it just so it can have eyes. OR he could wait until the G1m comes out, so he has a nice mech, and then get it blackhearted later if he wants.

#18 Kevin_15

Kevin_15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Thanks to everyone who replied, it is much appreciated. I've looked at the GoG G1 but it's out of my price range, and i can't find it used. I am looking for something that has a milsim look to it. i know that the sierra one is probably not the greatest of guns but the price is what has me looking at it. That being said i have also found a BT Ironhorse for $80, and a smart parts SP1 with minor upgrades, a co2 tank, and a mask for $120. If you're wondering my price range is Max $180.

Edited by Kevin_15, 14 February 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#19 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

No! Get an SP1 off ANSgear and try to get a blackheart board if you can afford it. Get a G1 or SP1, do not get a tippmann clone.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 14 February 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#20 Kevin_15

Kevin_15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

If i get it off of ANSGear i have to pay shipping costs plus dutie fees. Thats more then my budget.

#21 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

If i get it off of ANSGear i have to pay shipping costs plus dutie fees. Thats more then my budget.

You should be buying a high end mask first. It isnt worth spending the money on a Tippmann since youll end up getting a different marker later anyway.

#22 Kevin_15

Kevin_15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Stop giving me the "buy a mask, tank, and hopper" speech i already have all of it. I just want a scenario gun to play around with.

#23 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Stop giving me the "buy a mask, tank, and hopper" speech i already have all of it. I just want a scenario gun to play around with.

Seriously. Why is it that almost EVERYONE on this forum has been brain washed (or should I say; programmed) to repeat over and over again this whole goddamnn "omahgerd get a high end mask/hopper/tank!!1!!!" speech. Some people don't mind using a steely tank and a cheaper mask. Answer the person's question first, then lecture them about how wonderful it is to spend $200 on gear that doesn't matter.
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#24 Kevin_15

Kevin_15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

Exactly. I understand it is important to have good equipment. But it gets annoying hearing it every single time when it has nothing to do with my question.

#25 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

So much hate on Tippmann around here, I'd loooove to own a Tippanators or Tippmann Effect 98C those things are badass

#26 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Since you're max price is 180, you should be able to get the sp1 with a loader and tank for that price, and since all shipping is free for orders over $100, then you don't have to worry about extra fees. Sp1 gets my vote.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#27 Kevin_15

Kevin_15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

Free shipping to canada?

#28 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

oh sorry, i didn't see that you were in canada. Shipping would be about $45.

It might be worth it to save the extra money. If not, just get something that is in decent shape off of your local classifieds and ensure that it shoots well.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#29 Kevin_15

Kevin_15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

Yeah like i said. If i buy off of ansgear it goes over my budget

#30 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

I'd personally recommend the Tippmann A5 for you. Get that then all ya need is a Decent HPA tank I'm sure ya can find a 4500 tank with few years left on hydro for under $100.

I run an A5 myself sometimes. It's a great BASIC shooter it's reliable and just fun to shoot. And I been playing paintball for 14+ years i still find it fun.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#31 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

All in all I would get that A5 and just buy a crappy gravity hopper at WalMart. Woodsball markers can be speedball markers as well. Speedball markers are more efficient, lighter, and can take the same beating a woodsball marker can minus a tippmann 98.

Do you even woodsball milsim? Its about the simulation.

Edited by III Kezia III, 15 February 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Lulzjustacat.png

#32 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Do you even woodsball milsim? Its about the simulation.

Yeah, "simulation" when you're the only one out there lugging around a 5 pound marker capable of only firing 10 BPS max while everyone else is shooting 15 back at you with their space guns.

#33 Kevin_15

Kevin_15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

I never asked if i should buy a speedball marker. I want a milsim marker. Please answer my question or dont bother responding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users