• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 newballer123

newballer123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

right now i am using an old gun(icd 04 bko) and my birth day is coming and i cant decide between the envyblackheart or the g4. please give me your opinion. Also i like the feel of aluminum guns

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Extcy. Its the same price as the envy blackheart, but comes with a longer barrel, an on off asa, lever clamping feedneck, and colors. Its also aluminum. But out of those two, the envy is better. The G4 has the disadvantages of both a spool and a poppit, loud and kicky as a poppit, inefficent as a spool, and bad macro fittings.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

right now i am using an old gun(icd 04 bko) and my birth day is coming and i cant decide between the envyblackheart or the g4. please give me your opinion. Also i like the feel of aluminum guns

I have shot the G4 and can't speak for the envy. My field owner has one and someone I play with has one and all the had to do was replace the bolt because of an issue with it. People give DP a bad rep but from what I have seen its not as much trouble as its made out to be. I believe the bolt is $65 so as long as you are good on other gear see about getting bolt too

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

GXG 4+5 Pod Pack-Camo                                         4+5 orGxG  4+1 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,334 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Extcy. Its the same price as the envy blackheart, but comes with a longer barrel, an on off asa, lever clamping feedneck, and colors. Its also aluminum. But out of those two, the envy is better. The G4 has the disadvantages of both a spool and a poppit, loud and kicky as a poppit, inefficent as a spool, and bad macro fittings.

And how many G4's have you shot or owned?

The G4 isn't as bad as everyone says. It gets a bad rep due to a large amount of bandwagoners. It's not a bad shooter in the price range.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

And how many G4's have you shot or owned?

The G4 isn't as bad as everyone says. It gets a bad rep due to a large amount of bandwagoners. It's not a bad shooter in the price range.

Don't worry man, I'm not a bandwagon-er. I had a friends G4 in my possession for quite a bit, as well as another's Axe. For the first couple of practices and a few games, I tried using the G4, since I was scared of scratching his Axe, I wanted to try something new other than my eXTCy, and my Ion was broken.
I just kinda gave up on it and concluded that my eXTCy shoots a ton better than it. This was all from experience, I'll have you know. I do admit it looks nice and sleek, but I just couldn't get over it's shot quality. Did not feel like 300 bucks as my eXTCy was only 250.

Now the Axe, oh wow, that's a different story.

#6 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

I second the Extcy

Do you have a good tank, mask and loader?

#7 newballer123

newballer123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

when i get a new gun i am going to get a crossfire tank and vforce profilers

#8 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,334 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Get a mask, then loader, then tank, and finally a marker.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#9 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Doesn't it already come with a blackheart?

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#10 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yep it already has a blackheart as well.

#11 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Extcy. Its so much gun for $250. I have shot both as well. I can attest to its shot quality over the G4. it is oodles more efficient too. Especially with blackheart and qev, you can get dwell down to 11/12ms and get around 10 pods efficiency, which is the same as the dm13. I believe with the g4 its got around 6 pods efficiency.

#12 bry696

bry696

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

:wub:DEFINITELY GET THE G4 i got the g4 a few months ago and havent looked back... it is an amazing gun... the only thing on it i would upgrade is the macro line. That is the only real problem i see with the g4... and if u get it... just make sure u lube the inner o-rings and the bolt alot... the only problem i have had is tht the bolt wasnt going all the way back and all i had to do was lube it and it worked perfectly. The g4 is an amazing gun and woth every penny

Extcy. Its so much gun for $250. I have shot both as well. I can attest to its shot quality over the G4. it is oodles more efficient too. Especially with blackheart and qev, you can get dwell down to 11/12ms and get around 10 pods efficiency, which is the same as the dm13. I believe with the g4 its got around 6 pods efficiency.

g4 gets 8

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users