Photo

Which gun should I get?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Gun (27 member(s) have cast votes)

What gun should I get?

1. Ion xe (27 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Piranha gti plus (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 JakeThePimp

JakeThePimp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Was just wondering everybody's opinions on which gun I should get... The piranhas cheaper and comes with more extras. They're both used cuz I don't wanna spend a lot on something I use like twice a month.

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Ion Xe is going to give you the better shot quality, ease of maintenance, speed, and electronics.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Ion Xe is going to give you the better shot quality, ease of maintenance, speed, and electronics.

Probably not ease of maintenance, but the other stuff. Plus, unless it has an aftermarket feedneck, the stovepipe feedneck of the Piranha will be a pain to deal with. EDIT: Actually, bad feedneck depends on year. It looks like some of the last ones they made had a locking feedneck.

Edited by unfated33, 12 February 2013 - 09:39 AM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#4 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

Ion XE has Bolt out Back, which really helps with maintenance. It's also the superior gun in shot quality and electronics. What is your budget, though?

#5 Plan_B_1995

Plan_B_1995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Definately the ion. Better everything in terms of performance.

#6 bonds2034

bonds2034

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

i honestly wouldnt use either one. i hate smart parts business practices so i choose not to support them with my hard earned money, i also have never cared for pmi. we need your range on how much your wanting to spend. theres a big difference in guns depending on how much your wanting to spend. if your in the $400 range i would recomend the ego 8, if your in the $200 range i would recoment either a tippmann a5 or a spyder phenoix. and then use the money your saved to get a good loader, hpa tank, and then get a better bolt and computer board.

#7 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Dont listen to bond. The ion is a great electro if you only go about twice a month at most. When you start playing alot more then you might wanna get something different but for now the ion will do just great.

Lulzjustacat.png

#8 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

No, I think that's a fair stand to have - if you don't like what GOG/DLX/Smartparts has done to paintball, you can vote with your wallet. We've seen plenty of companies that were far more invested in paintball as a positive sport get taken out by SP's antics, not to mention SP repeated practice of lying-as-marketing in selling technology that doesn't do much for prohibitive prices (can we say magic box or all-american barrel?). Not everyone is going to do it, but there is a moral highground to take by saying, "I won't buy GOG. I won't buy Vanguard. I won't buy Hostile+. I won't buy from Spurlock."

It also wouldn't be bad to find out what the price point the original poster is looking for. Between the new and used market, there are literally hundreds of choices to take with differing features.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#9 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Probably not ease of maintenance, but the other stuff. Plus, unless it has an aftermarket feedneck, the stovepipe feedneck of the Piranha will be a pain to deal with. EDIT: Actually, bad feedneck depends on year. It looks like some of the last ones they made had a locking feedneck.

Actually the BOB makes it super easy to take apart and put together....The ion platform really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Really the ion xe fixed most of the problems, but after the first ion was relaesed it was too late. With a new feed neck, and a new asa the ion would shoot leaps and bound over even an e1 or a blitz...

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#10 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Why hasn't anyone asked what he has already?
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#11 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Why hasn't anyone asked what he has already?

#12 D4tkidd1524

D4tkidd1524

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Im Selling a Dangerous Power G4 Brand New For Only $250 ... Its A Great Beginners Gun but a little more toward The intermediate paintballer side Posted Image

gun link: http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=212889

#13 SirMiniPB

SirMiniPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Im Selling a Dangerous Power G4 Brand New For Only $250 ... Its A Great Beginners Gun but a little more toward The intermediate paintballer side Posted Image

gun link: http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=212889

Keep that stuff to BST dude.
webkit-fake-url://24995738-CEF8-4BA3-A925-248B72384E5E/2s8pbw5.gif

#14 GODRAMPAGE

GODRAMPAGE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

look at the gog enemy 130 great for new players :tup:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users