19 replies to this topic

#1 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

Seriously is it just me or is this thing sound amazing? A regulated... spool valve... mech?... FOR $130!

I was just look at them, thinking of maybe owning 3ish (planning on PMR with rotor, SP-1 and something else and I also have a fasta, could get another so every one would have a nice loader) guns down the road to take friends with me or in the back yard, or I could use the mech and let them use the better gun to even out the teams you know? Most people I'n trying to get to play with me are luck to have even shot a Spyder or Tippman and all feilds have are Model 98's. I try to tell people that there all junk and a PMR or something for $250 is miles better but what about the enmey for $130? I wonder it it has the Vibe/SP-1 anti chop system?

The Kaos and Blitz are blow-backs like spyders, spyders are well spyders... what else is there? The only thing I see wrong with this gun is the single finger trigger and that for 2 of these you could have an extcy or for $70 more an envy.

What are your guys thoughts?

Edited by ScaryfatkidGT, 12 February 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#2 Vidalecent

Vidalecent

Low-end <3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

This gun does sound amazing! I want to try one sometime :(

#3 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

It's pretty good shooter especially at it's price. Smooth, surprisingly quick, small, and light paintball marker.

That being said it feels a bit cheap in the hands (can tell it was built to a price point). And some have been having leaking issues either due to lubing issues or cracked lines or loose fittings at the three way valve.

Still a solid pick up at it's price. My sisters is liking it and i will say its actually fun shooter but I personally can't get past the plastic covered body and grip frame and would not personally choose to own one (AGAIN THAT'S MY PERSONAL OPINION nothing wrong with the gun).
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#4 Vidalecent

Vidalecent

Low-end <3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

The frame is composite? I wonder if there'll be a metal one somewhere in the future.

#5 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

It's pretty good shooter especially at it's price. Smooth, surprisingly quick, small, and light paintball marker.

That being said it feels a bit cheap in the hands (can tell it was built to a price point). And some have been having leaking issues either due to lubing issues or cracked lines or loose fittings at the three way valve.

Still a solid pick up at it's price. My sisters is liking it and i will say its actually fun shooter but I personally can't get past the plastic covered body and grip frame and would not personally choose to own one (AGAIN THAT'S MY PERSONAL OPINION nothing wrong with the gun).

How fast will it shoot? Like at fast as you can pull the trigger or does it have dropoff or bolt speed limitations?

#6 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

Naw it shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger. Generally most people that means about 8-10bps but some may spike it to 12bps or so.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#7 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

There's really not much point in GoG putting out a mech ion at a higher price point. As it stands, the price for an eNMEy is only slightly lower than building your own mech ion, and since there are so many ions still out there, any more money and you'd be ahead to just build one and customize it to your liking.

#8 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

There are a couple of drawbacks to the eNMEy that are common to the eNVy as well. They are:

Has a short barrel that kills your efficiency and consistency with a lack of control bore and ported length
Said short barrel uses non-standard ion threading which means you either need an adapter or waste money on ion barrels
No on/off ASA
Steel-braided hose instead of macroline makes it hard to fix/service/replace
The type of plastic used is cheap and feels toy-like - it's not like the durable polymer you see in some of the mid-range guns
Maintenance - comparable to the nightmare of opening a Tippmann 98, but not near as pickup-and-play like the Spyders and Azodins in the same price range

I guess you could consider it a slight positive that lubricating the eNMEy (vs. a drop of oil on a STBB bolt) will teach you the practice of lubing more expensive, higher grade markers.

All said, it's not worth it to spend $70 more for the eNVy because then on top of these problems you get a marker that doesn't have eyes and can't shoot any faster than the mech without even more costly upgrades. Honestly, what are you paying for to get the eNVy at $70 more expensive? The chance to throw away batteries and a big pile of meh.

You can probably get a well-loved Automag for $130, too.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#9 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

There are a couple of drawbacks to the eNMEy that are common to the eNVy as well. They are:

Has a short barrel that kills your efficiency and consistency with a lack of control bore and ported length
Said short barrel uses non-standard ion threading which means you either need an adapter or waste money on ion barrels
No on/off ASA
The type of plastic used is cheap and feels toy-like - it's not like the durable polymer you see in some of the mid-range guns
Maintenance - comparable to the nightmare of opening a Tippmann 98, but not near as pickup-and-play like the Spyders and Azodins in the same price range

I guess you could consider it a slight positive that lubricating the eNMEy (vs. a drop of oil on a STBB bolt) will teach you the practice of lubing more expensive, higher grade markers.

That's how I look at it, it would be nice for it to have a 14" barrel and clamping feed neck for like $150

All said, it's not worth it to spend $70 more for the eNVy because then on top of these problems you get a marker that doesn't have eyes and can't shoot any faster than the mech without even more costly upgrades. Honestly, what are you paying for to get the eNVy at $70 more expensive? The chance to throw away batteries and a big pile of meh.

You can probably get a well-loved Automag for $130, too.

The extcy killed the envy

Most Ions don't have BOB

#10 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Said short barrel uses non-standard ion threading which meansimilar s you either need an adapter or waste money on ion barrels
No on/off ASA

What are you expecting for $130? It is actually made of a composite similar to that on an Etek, the body cover design is plastic, but that does not matter, because the breech is of the same composite.
A reason not to buy it is Ion threads? I see Ion threads as a positive. They are so much better than autococker, even if they are not industry standard. The control bore and length are not that important, because it uses a large bore on the barrel.
Again, the barrel is fine.
You are really expecting an on/off for $130?
Its and entry level mech, most all entry level markers still use steel braided hoses, because it lasts longer, and is not that hard to deal with.
The polymer is fine.
So, I guess Bolt out the back is similar to taking a bunch of screw? It is pick up and play. It doesn't require anything out of box, and it is regulated, unlike most of the Azodins, and Spyders.

In my eyes, most of your arguments are silly.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#11 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Said short barrel uses non-standard ion threading which meansimilar s you either need an adapter or waste money on ion barrels
No on/off ASA

What are you expecting for $130? It is actually made of a composite similar to that on an Etek, the body cover design is plastic, but that does not matter, because the breech is of the same composite.
A reason not to buy it is Ion threads? I see Ion threads as a positive. They are so much better than autococker, even if they are not industry standard. The control bore and length are not that important, because it uses a large bore on the barrel.
Again, the barrel is fine.
You are really expecting an on/off for $130?
Its and entry level mech, most all entry level markers still use steel braided hoses, because it lasts longer, and is not that hard to deal with.
The polymer is fine.
So, I guess Bolt out the back is similar to taking a bunch of screw? It is pick up and play. It doesn't require anything out of box, and it is regulated, unlike most of the Azodins, and Spyders.

In my eyes, most of your arguments are silly.

Ha, right back at you.

1. Plenty of blow backs are made of all metal for the same price or less.
2. Yes, don't buy it because of Ion threads. Plenty of people promote the idea that Ion threaded barrels are superior, but the fact is they aren't standard. EVERYONE else uses Autococker threads (give or take Tippmann). You are either wasting money on ion threaded barrels and adapters or locking yourself in to be a lifelong ion threaded customer. Don't be that guy.
3. The bore size being large only exacerbates the fact that the control bore isn't long enough and the porting isn't enough. What it should have optimally for best efficiency and consistency is a 14" barrel with a 9-10" control bore and then 4-5" of porting. Instead you get a 9" barrel with not enough control length or porting. That's so far from fine that I'm left at a loss.
4. An on/off for $130 is by no means required or standard, but rather a nice to have. For the record, I can't think of a mech with on/off for less than $170.
5. Again, it's hardly required, but macro is better than steel braided line. It'd be nice to have, and can be gotten for not much more - around $170. For that matter, the eNMEy is the most expensive mech out there that uses steel braided line. Not exactly a record to chase for.
6. Polymer is fine, but see item 1. Plus, they cover the polymer with cheap plastic.
7. Okay, comparing BOB to taking apart a tippmann is a bit silly - it was hyperbole for effect. However, don't let that diminish the point that the entire maintenance process, including taking the bolt out of the back, is significantly more time intensive than what you have to do for most any other mech. Even if you can get it down to a few minutes each time, it's not exactly a record to chase for that an eNMEy requires more time and attention before play than the rest of the field.
8. You can get a regulated Azodin or Spyder for the same price as an eNMEy. Even without a regulator, they are "more" pickup and play than the eNMEy.

Trying to argue against the physical laws of reality seems silly. Less is less and more is more.

#12 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

7. Okay, comparing BOB to taking apart a tippmann is a bit silly - it was hyperbole for effect. However, don't let that diminish the point that the entire maintenance process, including taking the bolt out of the back, is significantly more time intensive than what you have to do for most any other mech. Even if you can get it down to a few minutes each time, it's not exactly a record to chase for that an eNMEy requires more time and attention before play than the rest of the field.
8. You can get a regulated Azodin or Spyder for the same price as an eNMEy. Even without a regulator, they are "more" pickup and play than the eNMEy.

The Bolt out the back takes literally a minute. Hardly time intensive if you ask me.
I can also argue the more maintenance, because the eNMEy, eXTCy, and eNVy all use the same bolt, and my friend went the entire summer without maintaining his eXTCy once.
I also am that guy that thinks Ion threads are superior, they take much less time to screw on, and still don't come off. I also still think the barrel argument is silly. Most people with the eNMEy, are not going to need that extra bit of efficiency, even if it gives you more efficiency, how much? The efficiency gain form the perfect barrel is still going to be minimal.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#13 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

The Bolt out the back takes literally a minute. Hardly time intensive if you ask me.
I can also argue the more maintenance, because the eNMEy, eXTCy, and eNVy all use the same bolt, and my friend went the entire summer without maintaining his eXTCy once.
I also am that guy that thinks Ion threads are superior, they take much less time to screw on, and still don't come off. I also still think the barrel argument is silly. Most people with the eNMEy, are not going to need that extra bit of efficiency, even if it gives you more efficiency, how much? The efficiency gain form the perfect barrel is still going to be minimal.

I think I'm going to have to get pedantic here.

It still takes more time to maintain an eNMEy than the rest of the mechanical field.
Impressive that your friend Mr. Anecdote went an entire summer. Get back to me when he can go years between maintenance.
Like with the maintenance argument, it's strange to try to justify worse by claiming it doesn't matter on the barrel. It's not equal, it's worse. Someone with an eNMEy go do an efficiency test with the stock barrel and a 14" barrel with 10" control bore. I'll be eager to see the result. Don't forget that it's also affecting your consistency as well as your efficiency to use a short barrel. GOG could sell their lower end markers with a better barrel, but they choose to continue for years to short change their customers with barrels that have been tested and proven to give subpar results. Seems like what you'd expect from them.

If someone wants to get an eNMEy, they'll be fine with it on the field. I'm just pointing out the drawbacks on it to give a buyer the full picture of information before they spend their money to make a purchase (you might notice at no point did I say "Don't buy this" in this thread). GOG's been at this for a while, if we never complain about the stuff they get wrong on their markers then we may have to swallow it and live with the problems. I'd rather they fix their mistakes instead.

#14 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Ok guys you are reading things wrong.

Yes it requires lubing but I see that as a plus compared to most people I know who have NEVER taken there tippman apart. So it someways it takes more work some ways less, neither of you are right or wrong.

Yeah the ASA, barrel and feed neck suck but its just like envy, it would be cool if they made a mech extcy but it wouldn't have as big of market. Most people get a new barrel on there gun anyway or at least a bore kit for the Rail or DM/NT and keep the stock front.

I just think its crazy that its a spool mech haha I really want one even tho I'm looking at $400 guns just show I can show up people with A5's and X7's on equal ground haha

#15 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

it would be cool if they made a mech extcy but it wouldn't have as big of market..

The eXTCy is just an Ion, and you can buy mech kits for the Ion. And technically speaking the eXTCy, eNVy, and eNMEy are all the same marker internally, they all use the same bolt. So, technically: Mech Ion= Mech eXTCy= eNMEy.

;

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#16 reflexowner

reflexowner

Unicorns eat tacos!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

I will end this fight ok
1. Ion threaded barrel fine you have like 20 barrels anyway make on ion threaded
2. On/off Asa are awesome to have but come on its a 130$ gun
3. It simple to clean it!!! Just take the bolt of the back like any other speedball marker
4. Just maybe it's polymer THE SAME SHIT THEY MAKE GLOCKS OUT OF and they cover it in plastic to make it look better
5. Barrel/ steel hose. barrel all smart part barrels are shit end of story, steel line it works

AND REMEMBER it a $120 dollar gun NOT A FUCKING DM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by reflexowner, 13 February 2013 - 06:53 AM.

#17 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

I'm sorry but the enemy is NO glock polymer just saying. It FEELS very cheap in the hands. Especially the grip frame and the plastic body covering just cheapens the look HUGE. Were as the grip frame on my classic mag feels SOLID.

I think the eNMEy is a lot of gun for the money yes but let's be honest here IT IS NOT exactly built to HIGH durability standards like a Glock or even the old "plastic" Automag grip frames. Maybe similare materials BUT NOT equal in construction. Hold both side by side and Any honest person would have to agree.

#18 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Its a great gun for the money, it shoots fast, smooth, and very quiet. I already had an ion, so I just slap my cp barrel on it and it was golden. I might get an on off for it soon, but thats not an extreme priority. I was one of the first people to recieve one back in early november/late september, and its been nothing short of excellent. The single trigger frame I like better than a double one, especially with its super light trigger pull. It makes the gun unique, and, honestly, you dont need a double trigger. Due to the low force bolt, I havent had any chops through the 2/3 cases I have shot through it, and it still shoots extremely fast. Im used yo shooting spoolies, so holding it was exactly the same as my ion or extcy, and i used to play with a friends emag for a while, and I just instantly comfortable shooting it. Great gun for the price. Best mech out there until you get to the high end ones.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#19 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'm sorry but the enemy is NO glock polymer just saying. It FEELS very cheap in the hands. Especially the grip frame and the plastic body covering just cheapens the look HUGE. Were as the grip frame on my classic mag feels SOLID.

I think the eNMEy is a lot of gun for the money yes but let's be honest here IT IS NOT exactly built to HIGH durability standards like a Glock or even the old "plastic" Automag grip frames. Maybe similare materials BUT NOT equal in construction. Hold both side by side and Any honest person would have to agree.

I still think you are forgetting that back in the day that a 'mag cost a lot of money, and still today a nice 'mag will run you $500.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#20 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

I've had a few chops but it was due to crappy paint.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users