• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bonds2034

bonds2034

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

hello. i just rescued an ego sl8r off of ebay. its just a body and frame right now. no internals except for a cure 4 pooty mod bolt, the zick2 rammer, i just put a quick release valve and spring in it. i also have a redefined virtue board from my old ego 8 that i sold. my biggest question is about the noids, qev and board. im wanting to run a macnoid from an ego 11 but im not sure if it will mouont. any ideas. also will the virtue board be able to run the noid, im not sure of the power output on the coil but i think its 5v. also what would be a good qev to run on this. should i just make a mount plate to make it fit or will the gap be to much. thanks everyone. this should be an awsome build

#2 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

no, the ego 11 adjustable noid was designed specifically for the ego 11 and is not compatible with previous versions and takes different software that the 08 virtue board doesn't support just run the stock noid.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#3 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

Ego 11 solenoids don't use QEV's.

The mounting points don't match up

The air passages don't match up

This is going to be WAY too much work. I'm not even certain it's possible, even with professional grade machining equipment.

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#4 bonds2034

bonds2034

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

ive done alot of reasearch with the macnoid. im still going to try it and if i get it to work i will post process of how it was done. so far what i have found is that the minifold mounts directly to the gun. i know this poses the biggest problem. what im thinking is i need to adjust mill the bottom of the reciever then make a mounting plate with adjusted airholes. or i will just cnc my own minifold. i think the cnc part would be the way to go. by cnc my own i think i will be able to adjust the mounting holes. now as for the amount of power that runs the noid. is it 6v. and how much amps should be going to it.

#5 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Most likely you will just end up ruining a good sl8r. I would run the kit designed for the frame and body. Something as drastic as a solenoid switch, which I have done, should really only be done in the case of the stock noid not being made anymore.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users