• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 mumbo1290

mumbo1290

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Why do so many people hate the invert mini? I have never shot one and i would like to know why everyone hates it.

#2 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Everyone just hates on it because there is better version of it. The AXE. They all hate it because of all the nice features that come with the AXE and how great its efficincy is. Honestly yes it comes with nice features and all but if you only have enough money for a mini you basically almost have an AXE. And don't listen to the people saying pros use it. That is so not even relavant to the gun being good.

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

The trigger sucks monkey balls.

#4 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Gen 1 and 2 had their problems, and in general people dont like the ergos.

#5 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,821 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

If you had a gen 1 or 2, you would know why. Initially, it was a super finicky gun.

#6 thepaintballkidd

thepaintballkidd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

For me its just to god damn small

#7 quickshot56

quickshot56

One of em Jersey Ballers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

someone on here said minis are like tampons every pussy owns one, all the jackass players at my field have em and think they are gods then i come out with my nt11 and they think otherwise, every mini i have shot or held at the field has a horrible trigger and the ergos suck.

if you want something mini but way better get an axe, my brothers friend has one and its really nice not something i would buy but its still nice.
RIP MITCH LUCKER.

USCG MK38 MOD1 25mm machine gunner!! Who wants some HEIT? MUHAHAHA

#8 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

The trigger sucks monkey balls.

If you play with PSP mode, then this is a nonissue.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#9 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

i had a gen 3. I absolutely loved mine, I would probably still have it to this day, but the triggers side to side play was way to much for me.

It sounds like a stupid reason to sell a marker but i really disliked how the trigger felt like a loose tooth.

#10 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

i had a gen 3. I absolutely loved mine, I would probably still have it to this day, but the triggers side to side play was way to much for me.

It sounds like a stupid reason to sell a marker but i really disliked how the trigger felt like a loose tooth.

Selling a gun cause you hate the trigger isn't a stupid reason. I sold my rev-i cause the trigger was garbage. If it had good trigger I probably would of kept it a lil while longer.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#11 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

when i had my v3 mini, i nearly shot my foot about 5 times a day-of-play because of that horrible trigger. I never had a problem with my mini other then the trigger. shot great, didnt care about efficiency. still dont really. all day air is all day air whether you fill up once or ten times. simple to maintain, programming wasnt too bad, i was never a fan of LED codes. only reason I got rid of it is because my local shop let me test a SL94 they had on the shelf. the mini is a good shooting marker but with the axe only being slightly more and worlds better its hard to compete.
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#12 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Ive always liked my mini. It feels great to me, trigger doesnt bother too much, and I love the small, tight setup. But... Haters gonna hate :P

#13 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

The trigger sucks monkey balls. {Of course You say that wouldn't you?}

Too bad the PSP modes were fucked in earlier boards

But yea I like my mini, the trigger even with aftermarket upgrade still has things to be desired after shooting an axe. Its now my new backup to my axe, but it shoots ropes pretty decently on semi.
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#14 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

The trigger sucks monkey balls. {Of course You say that wouldn't you?}

Too bad the PSP modes were fucked in earlier boards

But yea I like my mini, the trigger even with aftermarket upgrade still has things to be desired after shooting an axe. Its now my new backup to my axe, but it shoots ropes pretty decently on semi.

IMO, although better than the Mini trigger, the Axe trigger is not THAT great.

Flame shield: [ON]
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#15 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

I don't think anyone hates on them

When they FIRST came out, they had some issues. But they have released several updates and revisions, probably at least a half dozen since the original release 5 years ago

Now, they are GREAT shooters. It's really hard to spot all the differences, but they are amazing shooters now

#16 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

What drove me up the wall with the v1 minis from the man himself Simon

We ran into this issue when we made the Invert Mini. The barrel was a beautiful fit to the gun, but unfortunately some aftermarket barrels didn't fit or were crazy tight because of the slip fit dimensions we set up for the inside of the guns breech.

But then again it was due to:

Unfortunately when Budd Orr made Autococker barrels he never made a technical drawing available to everyone (that I could find) to specify exactly how they should be made, or how the gun's internal receiver for the barrel should be made.

Source:
http://www.mcarterbr...autococker.html

However the v2+ bodies work fine with most barrels in my experience, and like Mike said empire has been revising it under everyone's noses.

Main improvements were made to increase reliability and longevity of the parts
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#17 ibanez350mdx

ibanez350mdx

CCP #86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

I've been using my gen3 mini for years, and I love it. I never break paint, its plenty efficient, and with an upgraded bolt and trigger shoots just as smooth as any high end poppet gun out there. I actually just bought an axe because I love my mini so much. It hasn't come in yet but I am excited to see how it shoots compared to my mini with upgraded bolt and trigger. 

#18 CreedPB

CreedPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Honestly, I'm not sure why all the hate. I've got an Empire Mini and I completely love it. Get a shockwave board and an Empire Relay and you have a smaller Axe. Minus the Axe's superb trigger of course. With some tuning, you can turn the Mini's "terrible" trigger into something you might like a little better. The reason a lot of people don't like the Mini is because it is for people with smaller hands. Which is very understandable. In all honesty, the Mini is a very good little shooter if you've got small enough hands to use it comfortably.

#19 Bacon1498

Bacon1498

NEVER cook bacon naked.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

I have one and personally, I like it. The above people are correct, the trigger is pretty bad IMO. Everything else about it accept maybe the difficulty to adjust board settings is fine.
Seriously, don't cook it naked....

Invert Mini, Rotor, Pro Axis. . . Things to get in the future: pants, techpb jersey, elbow pads, and a pump :D

#20 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

Dude just let the thread die and if you get the board upgrade from Kee then it would not be difficult. 

#21 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

Honestly I've thought about picking up one and putting in s new trigger....they seem like fun little shooters and you can get them for pretty cheap too!

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#22 SnakePlayer10

SnakePlayer10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Iv got a mini, the only reason I dont like my mini is because I bought it used and it doesnt work. Thats my fault I guess. If you get a new one, then I would say it is a great buy. The paintball tech near me says its a great gun and he would recommend it.

#23 MiniLegend

MiniLegend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

I have a 4th gen Mini and i LOVE it. The only thing it needs is a better barrel than the stock one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users