• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

(I'm looking to get into competitive paintball)
Well I've got a few courses of action I can take. Money is not an worry because I am willing to save up for however much.
I could get an Axe or and Axe pro, or wait longer a little bit longer and get the dm12 or dm13(little longer than the dm12 :P).
I could probably achieve getting the dm13 by August.
Thing is the macroline bugs me, but i can manage if the dm12 or 13 (heard dm14 might have no macroline) if that is much better than the axe. The dm is also a spool which I have heard is better
than a poppit valve.
Or I could wait until next year and get a new luxe or a dm14. (Idk if luxes are even worth it unless your like D1 pro and not sponsored by a company that gives you a gun)
Right not I own a mini and I love it but it can't really keep up with the high end markers I play against all the time.

If I got the axe/axe pro would I need to upgrade it any to be on par with tournament markers? (I really do love the RedLine board on the axe which is a screen as opposed to other markers which rely on LED Lights.

#2 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

This depends on so many factors.Will you be playing semi or psp? What position will you be playing. What do you want from your marker? Is an OLED screen a must have? Are you open to other options of markers? Are you looking to buy new or used?
And regarding the poppet vs spool argument, neither is "better" it is based on what you prefer. Spools will be quiet, and smooth, and poppets will be louder and more efficient.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#3 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

Dm13 is the same as a dm12, except youll be shooting almost 2 more pods off a fill. if you watch mike's DM12 and dm13 video, those 2 also confirm it.

i think a luxe is probably the nicest shooting marker on the market, but they are a little more needy in that i wouldnt consider a luxe a gun you can just throw into your gear bag and pull out a week later.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#4 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

look into a Really good condition VX Clone.

They shoot smooth as a new born babys butt, and you will get some decent efficencey with it, and it will cost a fraction of a luxe.

#5 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

This depends on so many factors.Will you be playing semi or psp? What position will you be playing. What do you want from your marker? Is an OLED screen a must have? Are you open to other options of markers? Are you looking to buy new or used?

And regarding the poppet vs spool argument, neither is "better" it is based on what you prefer. Spools will be quiet, and smooth, and poppets will be louder and more efficient.

-Psp and semi
-I will be playing the front positions (including snake) could change though until I narrow it down to one spot
-from my marker id like an easy, understandable way to see the mode as well as programmable board. I'd like an accurate , well built marker that can keep up with other high ends of course. Maintenance is not really a problem if its not too tedious. Idk what else I would need lol
-OLED isnt a must have but it seems like the easiest to deal with on the fly
-Always open to suggestions (the ones i picked were just my favorites :P after doing some research)
-I am looking for new as money isnt really a hinderence for me its more like the time it takes to save for the marker

Arent poppits older than the spools and the spools are slowly getting more efficent? And the axe is wierd so its like both? Efficency is always nice I guess but which ever will be more accurate. As long as the sound is not like a bomb going off then that doesnt really matter :P

Thanks for your time guys btw!

#6 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Macdev clone IMO, luxes and DM's seem to need too much maintenance.

#7 crash000

crash000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

dm12 used .
you can get it about 800$ or less.
if planing on something else clone GT or Daemon 13 nothing else.

dm line are very great and smooth shooting guns .

dm maintenance isn't harder than GT or any gun in this rang.

if you DON'T want to maintenance your gun go for ego/etek platform.

.....what is your setup any loaders? masks? protections?

#8 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

My gear:
-Dye i4 09
-Dye 09 apparel (red)
-Dye pod Pack (love dye :P)
-Eclipse knee and elbow pads
-invert mini sunburst limited edition
- Halo (getting a Z2, Rotor, or Spire; leaning towards spire)
-ninja 48/4500 ( got a first gen that the gloss cracked so about to get a 68/4500)

#9 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

Love how the topic kinda just died out :S I still can't decide although im kinda looking at the clone GT now or the bob long Vcom. Still considering the axe pro since it is considerably cheaper and keeps up with markers ahead of its price range

#10 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

I'd say go with the axe pro and change to a longer barrel. I just got the pro le pdd and love it so much that I'm selling my dam really soon. With that said dye guns have always left me wanting more for what they cost. It also seems that dye really has lost a grip on current trends in pb. At that price the lack of an OLED bourd is unacceptable.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#11 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

So is the empire axe pro really worth it? and if I go for the axe pro should i get a Z2 or a Spire then?

#12 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

The axe pro is amazing. As far as loaders go you can't go wrong with any the big 3. Those being the rotor, spire, or z2. I have both the rotor and the spire and love them both. The major advantage of the spire is it doesn't make a huge racket when your low on paint turning you into a major target. So to to finish this rant. Yes the axe pro is totally worth. As far as hoppers go. As long as you get any of the big three you'll be good. With super hoppers its personal preference.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#13 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Or the pinokio

#14 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

That one is good too but for some reason I aways forget about that one. Plus I may be mistaken but the nokio is going for $100 right now on ans gear. I Amy be wrong though. They could of ended that sale already.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#15 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Well I mean will it keep up with say a Boblong Vcom or Clone GT? I'd probably upgrade the axe pro a little like new lower feed neck and barrel

#16 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Yes it will keep up up with the high ends. And I just checked. The nokio is still on sale for that price and that will probably be its new place because the company is coming out with a new loader by the summer.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#17 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yes it will keep up up with the high ends. And I just checked. The nokio is still on sale for that price and that will probably be its new place because the company is coming out with a new loader by the summer.

Did not know this. Will be checking that out.

#18 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

awesome then i'll probably start doing some good research on the axe so I know how it works and how to fix it. Thanks again!

#19 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

It's called the f1. Ans gear has a picture of it up when you go to check out the other pinokio hoppers. I never considered the pinokio before but at that price maybe I'll have to pick one up and check it out.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#20 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

No problem. On the box it says mini technology inside so I don't think it should be a whole lot different from the mini you already have. That's another reason I think it would be good for you. It just seems like natural progression if you ask me.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#21 Bugman

Bugman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

(I'm looking to get into competitive paintball)

Right not I own a mini and I love it but it can't really keep up with the high end markers I play against all the time.

TCambs, What problems are you experiencing keeping up with highend guns? What type of FPS and ROF (BPS) limits are you playing with usually? Really ask yourself what do you find about the Mini is giving you trouble?

Is there a setting on the gun, that the Mini can't do for tourney play?

How is the Mini failing you?

#22 stefan_rj

stefan_rj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Why not PE Geo 3?

#23 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Well I haven't gotten into competitive yet so I have not played in official team skims or practices yet, but I do play with advanced players and people from actually teams. It not as much as my gun doesn't "keep up" with high end guns as much as I want to be on the same level gear wise as official paintball teams if I am going to be competing against them in the future. There is a reason you do not see teams use Invert mini's. As D.A.M.Baller321 said the axe (the marker that resulted from Empire taking the mini and improving upon it) sounds like logical step up from a mini in which I can be on that same level as dms,geos,clones,etc. The mini is a $325 gun and there has to be many beneficial reasons to cause a price increase to $1000+ gun from a $325 gun such as an OLED board like the redline board on the axe pro.

#24 Bugman

Bugman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

I would truly question the 1000+ guns, many seem to think that the Axe can keep up with some less expensive mods than even the Redline. Basically a new barrel, bolt, and maybe a virtue upper brd. I have done a lot of research on these and intended to buy a New Axe. Found a great deal on a used Mini with a package of equipment though. If you really want the redline though why not go and buy a standard Axe and add the redline. Then add any other upgrades you want. The Axe Pro does not really save any money. Ansgear seems to have a bad rep with their custom guns also.

One gun you might consider is the Bob Long G6R. I have seen them just under 1000. I held one in a store, it felt really nice. I never really see anything negative about it either. Never shot one, but most really rave about this one. Since you seem to be planning on sticking some serious money above a stock Axe. This is the one I would go for. The one I saw was only 950 in a shop, I am guessing the guy would have gone for 900. Other than the Axe, the G6R intrigues me the most. I would also wait till the 26th to see what Empire is releasing. All the Axe Prices could come down some. Or maybe Empires new gun might change the pricing on the other highends if they have a aggressive price. If it comes in at 1500 then I would say prices will not move.

#25 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

I was thinking about the bob long Vcom as well. Who wouldnt want interchangable spool and poppit backend. And the axe pro le pdd is actually put together by Empire so it shouldnt have problems. Idk again i had my mind made up on axe but every gun sounds great but also has its cons :S

#26 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

What cons? I didn't know sheer awesomeness was a con.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#27 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

But all jokes aside you can't go wrong with a bob long either.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#28 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Lol yea I just really like the look and feel of the axe

#29 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

To me the axe us a perfected mini.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#30 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

I say go as highend and you reasonably can. Reasonable as in not taking forever to save up the money. If you can comfortable buy a DM 13 in a month and still have money to play I'd say go for it. It all really comes down to how you like the feel of all the guns. There's a reason most people who play paintball competitively shoot highend, or even why the people who just play recball shoot highends, they're simply better. To some people they may not be $500 better, but to plenty of people they are. I'd much rather shoot a Luxe, DM, Geo 3, Anything Bob Long, Clone GT, Cyborg RX, etc over an Axe.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#31 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

After doing more research the main things i want from a marker
-OLED board
-Easy disassembly/maintanence
-Quiet/Smooth
-On/Off asa
-Comfortable to hold/shoot with
-Cool looking (duh) :P

#32 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Then that would either leave a geo or an axe pro. If you go with the geo I would recommend the 3. It looks like eclipse really worked the kinks out of the geo with the 3. I know the bob longs now have all of those but I don't wether it is easy to disassemble/maintain those yet. My marq7 hasn't came yet and a lot has changed since 2007.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#33 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

I believe clone and Bob long Vcom fill those things too : P

#34 Bugman

Bugman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

You have at least 4 good options there. Since money is not a huge factor. I would really try and get my hands on them. Especially at the same time to compare the feel of them. Go with the one you like the best.

I liked the Axe or the Mini, compared them side by side. I really like the feel of both of them. I must admit that the G6R was really nice though. If money was not a issue. I would have gone for the BL, even though I really like the AXE. I think it has the best cost to preformance ratio. The BL felt really good in my hand.

Put them in your hand, I think it will help you make up your mind.

I would still not make any decisions until after the Empire Vanquish comes out Tuesday. It might shake things up a little.

Have you held or shot any of these? Can you buy from a pro shop. Buying a high priced tool over the net really sucks. Or use some at your field?

#35 TCambs

TCambs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Going to my local paintball store tomorrow to pick up some knee pads and hold the markers :P

#36 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

DM
109.gif

#37 RadioactiveRampagePB

RadioactiveRampagePB

D5/D4 Player for Pekin Prestige

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

Axe pro, you get a bunch of different barrel inserts with it and you are actually getting your moneys worth.

Check out Battlefield 217 Paintball and ANSgear!

https://www.facebook...eld217Paintball

www.ansgear.com

#38 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

The axe pro is amazing. As far as loaders go you can't go wrong with any the big 3. Those being the rotor, spire, or z2. I have both the rotor and the spire and love them both. The major advantage of the spire is it doesn't make a huge racket when your low on paint turning you into a major target. So to to finish this rant. Yes the axe pro is totally worth. As far as hoppers go. As long as you get any of the big three you'll be good. With super hoppers its personal preference.

You know I used a spire this weekend and I thought it was exceptionally load compared to the Pinokio. Side by side they took up about the same profile on the marker

#39 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Axe pro, you get a bunch of different barrel inserts with it and you are actually getting your moneys worth.

It's been over half a year, pretty sure he got his gun by now.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users