• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dazbag

dazbag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

Ok, i tried to get it work, a Tippmann Cyclone feed on a Automag. It didnt work out so well, now the question is, why does it work on a phenom?!
What i did to the Automag and what i tried:
Frist, i checked what kind of threads the cyclone feed is using for the "macrolines" they use. (what kind of thread, i had to check it, i have the unit in my workplace. but its not important, u will see why) Got the tool, and started the work.
drilled a small hole into the Valvechamber of the automag, made a thread for that banjo macroline. Then, i cut the body, so i can slide in the valve with that new banjo.
Then i mounted everything and wanted to see, if it will work. What happened then? I leaked threw the macroline. You couldnt get it to stop. Even if u put the pressure down, no chance. This macroline fittings dont get stuck or get inside of the macroline, how its normal. No, they kinda slip on.
So the Pressure is to high, u have to get this system sealed. So what i did then, i decided to go for regular Macroline Fittings, but with 4mm in diameter!
I had to drill a new hole into the valve chamber und make new threads, same the the piston housing. . Same to the Piston housing. Ach, and what i forget to say, the Piston Housing have to be the standart one without any quick exaust holes, because it would leak out of there.
Same way, i had to cut the body again. So after all, i installed it again. Aired it up, and it didnt leak anymore. But it didnt work. It just cocked the cyclone once. I could should, but the cyclone feed wouldnt turn. It only turns once, when its aired up, and decocks when air is off.
So i thought. Man, maybe the Air isnt getting fast enough out! How the hell could i speed this up.
There were just two ways. There is one spring in the Piston Housing that will push the action back. Or u can put bigger Macroline on it. A regular with 6 or 6,3mm.
Nevermind. Just got one chance to get it right on the Piston Housing, but it worked out with that big hole and thread. Its kinda the maximum, what u can drill in it. Already wasnt sure, if it will work out on the valve chamber of the automag, because the wall isnt so thick, to hold the thread.
Better not to screw it up there. Again all the others work, so it fits everywhere. NOW finally, please god in heaven. Aired it up. No same shit. Great. No matter what pressure u make, i wouldnt work.
Ach, i even measered the pressure in the chamber once, it was about 200psi, as i remember. Just wanted to mention.
Ok, last chance. The Spring in the piston housing. I decided to use the regular spring, but i just streched it, and but some pressure on it, so its stronger as the regular blabla. No chance, same thing happened. Last thing i did, i freaking took an Spring from a AEP(automatic electric pistol from airsoft/yeah i play airsoft as well, and i make tech work there as well). It was a nineball tuning spring. Very Stiff. i did cut i in length, but it was the maximum of length i could use as a spring. I mean in comparising to the spring from tippmann, it was much much much stronger. Its a diffrent world. I got much more beef on it. It took a long time to put this spring inside the housing and close it. It was frusttrating. I tell you, unbelieveable hard to put in. It took so much time and effort, i even wanted to stop at this point. & %$! That, i has to work.
When i finally was ready, i didnt wanted to air it up LOL. I didnt want to know what will happen. LOOL Nightmare BABY!!! =)
Aired it up, same shit. This was the Point, where i just couldnt figure out, why i wouldnt work. I mean, the valve of the automag, is getting to fast closed. There had to be air left in the valve chamber. Its not getting everything out. Not fast enough. If it would be like that, it would work. Ach one more detail. I used a lvl7 bolt. So i can drop the pressure really really down.

Ur thoughts please

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,077 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

It sounds like the way you're hooking it up the cyclone piston is getting constant air, which is why it's not working. The cyclone works with excess air from the air you shoot, not from the air that's sitting in the dump chamber. When at rest, there's no air going to the cyclone piston. It's not until you shoot that the air cycles the cyclone. The Phenom has a tiny hole near the front of the power tube that transfers air through it and out to the side of the gun, so that the cyclone doesn't get air until the bolt is nearly all the way forward.

Posted Image

Edited by andrewthewookie, 13 February 2013 - 11:55 AM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 dazbag

dazbag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

thanks, i know what u mean. but right now i cant imagine this hole myself. i know, that the regular cyclonefeed is made for a blowback design. the phenom is kinda the same, as a automag
If someone have some pictures or a phenom, please do some. i k

#4 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Like Andrew said, you are giving it constant air. It is not going to work.

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

#5 dazbag

dazbag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

i know this, i explained it myself. But as u know, an automag is "supposed" to release all the air from the chamber when u shot. but it isnt, thats why my cyclone feed did not work. i think its good to know that. but somehow this works on the phenom. this is why im curious

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,077 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Oh, I see what you're getting at. I keep forgetting that the automags have a dump shutoff for when you fire. Maybe that shutoff isn't working properly, and the dump chamber isn't emptying between shots.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users