Photo

Best sub $300 loaner for a girl or younger kid?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 incrdbleherk

incrdbleherk

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

So I'm constantly bringing my friends and family for rec play. Most are between 13 and 18 and everyone of them mentioned how tired they got from carrying around the autococker I give as a loaner. I need a better backup/bad weather gun anyway but am limiting it to $300. I'm not sure if I've looked into all my options, but i rather get a spool or closed bolt poppit. The biggest thing I'm concerned about is weight and reliability. I also like having a very adjustable micro switch trigger, no optical boards. Right now I'm at an Axe, G5, 2012 rexlex rail, and drone. I have felth the etha and do not like how wide and plastic it feels. I hate how the mini feels at all. Id also prefer something around an Ego11 weight. Thanks
Score Is Irrelevant

#2 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

So I'm constantly bringing my friends and family for rec play. Most are between 13 and 18 and everyone of them mentioned how tired they got from carrying around the autococker I give as a loaner. I need a better backup/bad weather gun anyway but am limiting it to $300. I'm not sure if I've looked into all my options, but i rather get a spool or closed bolt poppit. The biggest thing I'm concerned about is weight and reliability. I also like having a very adjustable micro switch trigger, no optical boards. Right now I'm at an Axe, G5, 2012 rexlex rail, and drone. I have felth the etha and do not like how wide and plastic it feels. I hate how the mini feels at all. Id also prefer something around an Ego11 weight. Thanks

GOG enmey or extcy? or a PMR there the lightest and then either a 48/3000 or a 45-50/4500 tank. A light loader like a ponokio or Fasta would help too.

Edited by ScaryfatkidGT, 14 February 2013 - 03:20 AM.

#3 incrdbleherk

incrdbleherk

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

I already have a 50/45 ninja that I can put on the setup with a Z2 so I'm not concerned about that.
Score Is Irrelevant

#4 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

I wod recommend the 2011 rail. It's a beginner gun, light, quiet, smooth, and not that bad.

Ohio Raiders 

#5 GTF CORPS

GTF CORPS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Epic woodsballer hit it on the head 2011 proto rail 249.00 that was my first speedball gun
GTF CORPS!!

#6 incrdbleherk

incrdbleherk

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'll think about it, but 2012 Reflexes are going for that much. I don't need to buy new. And I don't like the reach trigger at all
Score Is Irrelevant

#7 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'll think about it, but 2012 Reflexes are going for that much. I don't need to buy new. And I don't like the reach trigger at all

They are? New there $450 and used there $300-$350.

PMR and the extcy are the 2 best right now.

If you wanna go used you could get a Reflex Rail but I doubt the person you lone it to will know the difference.

#8 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

I just picked up an axe pro le pdd today add it was love at first trigger pull. You can a regular axe used for good prices right now. If you go with the axe you and the people you loan it to won't regret it. The only problem I forsee is you loving the axe so much that your primary gun will turn into your loaner gun. What is you primary Anyway?
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#9 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

I just picked up an axe pro le pdd today add it was love at first trigger pull. You can a regular axe used for good prices right now. If you go with the axe you and the people you loan it to won't regret it. The only problem I forsee is you loving the axe so much that your primary gun will turn into your loaner gun. What is you primary Anyway?

What this guy said.....

Also a work-horse. The last thing you want is to have a loaner that is a POS and give it to someone that does not know what they are doing.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#10 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Mini. Good for smaller people.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#11 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

Extcy and pmr are your best options sub 300. I prefer the extcy.
I am a raccoon.

#12 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

There are a lot of choices out there, and since it's going to be a loaner, you don't know how the person you're loaning is going to like it. Therefore, you should pick a gun that is user friendly and durable. The etha is a great choice if you haven't made up your mind yet. The board is pretty easy to use and it is very durable. The etha torture test will speak for durability. With the etha being $400, I don't know if I would get that just for letting friends to play with.
\Posted Image

#13 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

I'd get a pistol or a pump for yourself and let them borrow your marker.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users