Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Here's a link:
My link

"In an agreement announced today, the Russian Legion will be using Virtue Spires for the next two years. The decision was made after extensive testing by the team to determine which loader on the market would be the best choice for the Russian Legion.

In fact, the Russian Legion was so deliberate in considering which hopper to use, the team tried out various hoppers in tests at practices and during the 2012 World Cup to see which loader was the best for RL. The response from using the Spire was great and the entire team decided to switch over to the Spire in 2013 and 2014

About their not-so-secret World Cup test, RL Captain Kirill Prihidini said, "Because Spire performed so well in practices, we decided to make a field test at WC 2012. Several players were using it and overall Russian Legion Club would like to say that the Spire can easily become our new team loader for the next several years."

"The Russian Legion is really in a class of their own. They have a different approach to the game, which I would characterize by the phrase 'relentless domination'. The Russians have proven themselves with top finishes time and time again. I'm always amazed that whoever they bring on to the team immediately becomes a well known superstar on the field. Virtue is honored to have the Russian Legion choose the Spire as their preferred hopper," said Chris Williams of Virtue Paintball.

Looking ahead to the new season with their Spire, Kirill said, "In training for 2013, over the past several months the Russian Legion has been using the new Spire from our long term partners at Virtue. Through our hard practices in Moscow, this Spire showed that it is very reliable and can easily work on both paintballs and reballs with NO jams! All the RL players liked that it is much lighter than its competitors on the market, plus it is so easy to switch speed feeds during the bad weather."

The Russian Legion has a long history with Virtue, and used Virtue boards for many years. Now the team will be using Spire loaders and CrownSF speed feeds exclusively during the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

In August, 2012 Virtue Paintball unveiled the Spire. Its purpose was to deliver to the best players in the world a jam-proof feeding system, fast tool-less assembly, in an aggressive, light weight, compact design that holds more paint than its competitors. Today, more and more teams are upgrading to the Spire. Find out why by checking out the Virtue Spire at your local field or pro shop."

Interesting preseason going on, especially with the gear and who's signing with who. Personally I love the fact that it justifies me using a Virtue Spire to all my friends who don't own Rotors but say Rotors are the one and only.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 15 February 2013 - 01:46 AM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#2 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

Last year with the Spire teams were having a tough time and they came out with "new" ones this year. A local team that is "sponsored" by them went to their first tournament and four out of five or six crapped on them. I don't know about them yet. They look nice and I definitely think they can be improved if they aren't working great and can be big. BTW I do love my rotor and all we have been through!
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#3 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

Last year with the Spire teams were having a tough time and they came out with "new" ones this year. A local team that is "sponsored" by them went to their first tournament and four out of five or six crapped on them. I don't know about them yet. They look nice and I definitely think they can be improved if they aren't working great and can be big. BTW I do love my rotor and all we have been through!

Those were prototypes most of the time from those that crapped out

Lulzjustacat.png

#4 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Eh they're gonna do fine with any high end loader at this point. They all pretty much work haha

Im more interested in what markers they all shoot! Posted Image

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#5 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Those were prototypes most of the time from those that crapped out

Yea that's why I was saying the "new" ones this year.. I think they can be a great product, but the team I help coach sometimes are having problems with theirs and a team at their level (the Legions that is) can't afford to have crap gear. I think the Virtue can be and will be a good product. Just need to fix those little things, but everybody goes through it.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#6 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Once I used a spire, I haven't used a rotor since.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#7 joshsarden

joshsarden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

Spire>rotor

#8 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Spires seem like some pretty nice loaders overall, I am not sure exactly what I will be getting. Spire, Rotor, and Z2 all seem to be decent.

#9 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Been wanting to switch to a spire for a while now.
I see no need yet. My rotor hasn't failed me yet

#10 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Spires seem like some pretty nice loaders overall, I am not sure exactly what I will be getting. Spire, Rotor, and Z2 all seem to be decent.

spire, trust me on this one.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#11 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Its preference. Try them all out and see what you like best. You can't take someone's word for something being the "best". It's te best to them because that's what they like.

#12 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

not trying to "spruce up" the conversation, but my spire worked perfectly

I even used in the rain against CEP D2 at World Cup, my spire didn't have a single jam in the 30+ cases I put through it before doing the review (and the efficiency tests)

Yes, I can certainly understand prototypes and early releases having issues, they are SUPPOSED to have issues. The feedback gathered from the prototypes failing is what helps perfect the final end product. That's why it's called "Research and Development". You come up with an idea, research the problems, develop the solutions.

You can't put much validity in Virtue Sponsored teams having issues with the prototypes. Part of their sponsorship agreement is to test out prototypes and give feedback to Virtue.

With that being said, I saw a TON of these on the field at World Cup, and I didn't see anyone inside the virtue tent complaining.

It's a good loader, you have nothing to worry about.

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Yay Mike posted on my thread.
But yeah, the spire is a great loader according to feedback from my field, especially the owner, Ryan Lovato, who had both the geo3 and spire before they came out. By any chance Mike, do you know him at all? Because he was talking about seeing techpb at living legends, and how he was part of the engineering of the original rotors, as well as numerous other products.

#14 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Lol, I'm not really that into spires, I'd rather use my Z2 that caught on fire, or my rotor that...... didn't catch on fire Posted Image
109.gif

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Lol, I'm not really that into spires, I'd rather use my Z2 that caught on fire, or my rotor that...... didn't catch on fire Posted Image

Id rather use my modified Halo with dye lock lid pod tabs lid for the feedport that I use during rainy days and I dont want to spend 1 minute of hell opening the standard lid, but.....I wouldnt.

#16 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Id rather use my modified Halo with dye lock lid pod tabs lid for the feedport that I use during rainy days and I dont want to spend 1 minute of hell opening the standard lid, but.....I wouldnt.

I'd rather use my velocity junior that I have no lid for that's shell splits apart from dives, and battery door that used to fly off letting the 2 9v batteries hang from the hopper eith the huge crack all across the shell BUT..... It also.... caught fire...... Posted Image
Moral of the story, hoppers fucking hate me
109.gif

#17 Tri City Extreme

Tri City Extreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

I got myself a spire before starting to really sell them. I really like it this past weekend. No problems at all. Defiantly an improvement forward.

#18 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

Just bought one of their rotors off ebay

#19 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

I bought a spire for my fiance and it hangs with my rotor every step of the way.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#20 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

I kinda sorta like my Z2

I kinda sorta like my Z2

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#21 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

for 99% of all paintballers even a Halo Too will be just fine. I can understand using something like a Spire for using very very brittle paint, but damn dropping $200 for a hopper, ouch.

#22 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

I do it for the luxury, prestige, pride, and knowledge that my hopper is the best. That and it looks better than a Halo.

#23 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

^Really?

Sounds like Fashion more then a function. ;)

#24 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Luxury sport. Halos work fine. I have a halo. But I have little pride in using it, plus it just doesnt look good. It's pretty easy to have a functional setup, but harder to have one thats also fashionable.

#25 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

its paintball... its a messy throw down hobby/sport. No point in over spending on something that's going to get trashed.

#26 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

It's not like the spire cant handle any more toughness than the halo. Actually on the contrary, it could probably handle more. Plus, it's a tool less disassembly, making it easier to clean.

#27 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

not saying its more fragile.

Just saving cash.. Both will meet the same outcome. But i will say the spire will be easier to clean but not worth the extra $100+

#28 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

for 99% of all paintballers even a Halo Too will be just fine. I can understand using something like a Spire for using very very brittle paint, but damn dropping $280 for a hopper, ouch.

Fixed it to apply to me :(

Don't get me wrong, I love my spire, have only tried the Rotor and only held a Z2. But in retrospect, spending that much on a loader was perhaps a bit overkill.

o8qo.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users