• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ThePaintballer123

ThePaintballer123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

I'm going to my field this weekend and I want to play speedball/ airball without being too much of a weak link. I have watched mikes videos on snake, bunkering(which I still don't understand, I thought that you weren't allowed to shoot At point blank), shooting off handed, snap shooting, laning, and not getting shot off the break. I have practiced all of them and just wanted to know if I need to know anything else. For example I still have no idea how to play dorito. I also would like to ask for any universal tips.
Thanks in advance
Paintballer123

#2 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Don't worry about being a weak link. Especially if it's your first time. Use it as a learning experience

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Most recball fields have a range in which you cant shoot without offering a surrender. Most fields for tournament players do not.

#4 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

My field is 20ft. But it's all scenario fields no speedball.

#5 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

My field is 20ft. But it's all scenario fields no speedball.

same we can only shoot within 20ft if they shoot at us after we say surrender

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

GXG 4+5 Pod Pack-Camo                                         4+5 orGxG  4+1 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#6 ThePaintballer123

ThePaintballer123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Most recball fields have a range in which you cant shoot without offering a surrender. Most fields for tournament players do not.

My field is called pevs idk if u have heard of it but it does nppl and is on Gregg Hastings video game

#7 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Get to your first bunker alive. Keep your gun up. Look for where paint is coming from. If no one's shooting at you, move up. Avoid gunfighting/snap battles if you can...you want to shoot angles, not down field. Talk all the time, calling out everything you see, and relaying what you hear. That's probably enough to think about your first time out.

#8 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

bunkering is allowed in any competitive or even somewhat-not-really competitive. there is no set rule for point blank shooting. it's not like the 300fps rule where it's pretty much law for paintball. if the field doesn't allow pointblank then it doesn't. all the fields in utah that i know of allow bunkering.

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#9 philip0871

philip0871

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

I think most speedball fields allow bunkering, its part of the game. You maybe able to get into a beginners match where you probably wont have to worry to much about people attempting to bunker you. Just be aware of your opponents, dont get tunnel vision and ignore your blindside.

#10 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

if your scared about getting shot...

Buy a Bounce Shirt. "Chest protector" they take 90% of the pain out of "paintball" cwutididther.

#11 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Keep a thick skin. If you play speedball you will get overshot, bunkered, shutdown, and sweet spotted from time to time. It's all part of the game. If you want to last at it you need to get over that.

#12 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

if your playing back, keep shooting, the best advice I can give you if your playing snake corner is to keep on the tape as much as possible. If your a front guy, then shoot where it counts and take every opportunity to move/bump up. If your playing mid always without question fill for your front players. Mainly all these positions require communication so when you shoot someone yell out a few times the position that has been hit, and if someone is shooting at you yell out to your team that position so they can help you out. Nothing sucks more than being shot out of your bunker
109.gif

#13 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

So here it is in March and you qwere ging to try it in Feb .... what happened ... cool or what ?

#14 ThePaintballer123

ThePaintballer123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

So here it is in March and you qwere ging to try it in Feb .... what happened ... cool or what ?

I went and the last 2 times it was my luck that they didn't open it. I'm going again on Saturday and I hope that they will open this time.

#15 walk on pro

walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

Hey i play at pevs too. they are really nice to beginners there so your best bet is to ask a guy there to help you out and give you tips on your playing. But to get better you just have to play as much as possible. Try to go everyweekend and really think about how and why you got out and what you did right that game. Try to get to your bunker and not shoot off break. For shooting off handed itll take a while to be honest but if you dont feel comfortable yet you could hold with your left and pull the trigger with your right. Good luck

Horizontal Stock Class CCI Phantom

2011 Proto Rail, Draxxus 68/45 with Ninja Pro Reg, Halo Too with Exalt Speedfeed, CP .685 14 inch 2 Piece Barrel.

#16 PaintJunkie

PaintJunkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

Pev's is by far the best park I have played at, now is the best time to just learn by experience now that they opened the other fields.
What I Rock:
Marker: Clone GT/Etek4 Pooty style
Mask: Grill/i4
Hopper: Spire/Rotor
Deadmau5 beanie

#17 Sina HB

Sina HB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

bunkering is allowed in any competitive or even somewhat-not-really competitive. there is no set rule for point blank shooting. it's not like the 300fps rule where it's pretty much law for paintball. if the field doesn't allow pointblank then it doesn't. all the fields in utah that i know of allow bunkering.

What is bunkering?

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

What is bunkering?

Running up to a player's bunker and shooting them at basically point blank.  You try to run up on them as quickly as possible to avoid getting shot while moving.  It is usually used to take out a player in a critical position when there is no better way to eliminate them.

#19 SeanPB1029

SeanPB1029

Error 404 Member Title Not Found

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

Get to your first bunker alive. Keep your gun up. Look for where paint is coming from. If no one's shooting at you, move up. Avoid gunfighting/snap battles if you can...you want to shoot angles, not down field. Talk all the time, calling out everything you see, and relaying what you hear. That's probably enough to think about your first time out.

That is really all you need to know. Just make sure you keep the lowest and quickest possible profile running between bunkers.

Eclipse Geo2-Empire Helix-Megabrand 68/45-Empire Z2

IFyouAREunder18andYOUpayFORyourGEARputTHISinYOURsig

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users