• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 stlpaintballer

stlpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hello and welcome to my first question on Tech-PB! I have some questions about my future gear selections before I purchase them. The "Notes" to the side of the product are the reasons/questions about the product. All feedback and suggestions are welcome! Thank You and take a gander at my future setup! Posted Image

• Empire E-Vents: Because I have a larger head, I want a lot of protection, but I don't want to skimp on a mask.
  • Invert TOO or Spyder FASTA 18v: I cannot decide, choose one and tell why I should buy it. I cannot afford a rotor, I want a mid range loader.
  • Ninja Grey Ghost 68 4500 with an adjustable regulator: Cheap, Ninja, Adjustable Reg.
  • GOG Extcy or ETEK 4: I like spools, but I think the etek 4 would be better.

#2 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Alright let me try and help you out as much as possible.

The Empire Events are great, It wouldn't hurt to look into the E-Flexes also. Those are very comfortable and the most breathable mask around.

For the Hopper, I would personally get a used Rotor/Z2. If you are looking for an Invert Too, you will be paying about $80. If you just pay about $20 more you can get a pretty much BNIB Rotor for around $90-$100, this will be well worth the extra money.

The Ninja tanks are awesome, the normal adjustable regulator does its job fantastically.

If you are willing to pay for an ETEK new, I would suggest looking into an Empire Axe, these things are efficient, reliable, simple, and overall nice guns.

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

The Events are a nice mask, but may I suggest trying to find a proshop, and trying on as many masks as possible. This will allow you to find what is most comfortable, and fits you best.

The Too is a good loader, but if you wanted to, you can find used superloaders for cheap. I would personally try and find a used V2 Prophecy for around $60.

The tank is perfect.

Out of the two markers listed, I would get an eXTCy. But since you like spools, I am going to recommend the MacDev Drone DX, or trying to find a used supergun within your budget.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 stlpaintballer

stlpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

@A&MBaller, I have looked at the elflex but I do not want a jaw bounce. And to tallsmallboy I would prefer to buy new and my field is capped at 10 bps, so I don't need a high end loaser. But thank you both for responding to my question!

#5 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

@A&MBaller, I have looked at the elflex but I do not want a jaw bounce. And to tallsmallboy I would prefer to buy new and my field is capped at 10 bps, so I don't need a high end loaser. But thank you both for responding to my question!

The eflex doesn't normally get jaw bounces. The flexible part you are worried about, is risen off of your face a little bit. You will just eat paint. The events are a nice mask though. I have a pair and I love them.
\Posted Image

#6 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

Everything looks solid. You can get a pinokio for $100 right now. It will easily keep up with rotors and z2. And go with the etek4. I love mine hasn't given me any problems. It's amazing.

#7 stlpaintballer

stlpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Yeah I am going to take tallsmallboy44 idea and try on all the masks and get the pinokio and think about the marker whenever I have the cash to buy one.

#8 Roddy Koberg

Roddy Koberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Ive never used one but the valken V-maxes are cheap and valken claims they compete with the Rotor so might want to look at that. Ive got an etek 4 lt and that same tank and i see nothing wrong with it at all, easy maintenance.

#9 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Drone dx ($430) or axe instead of an etek IMO... Also a pinokio is only $100.

#10 stlpaintballer

stlpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

The eflex doesn't normally get jaw bounces. The flexible part you are worried about, is risen off of your face a little bit. You will just eat paint. The events are a nice mask though. I have a pair and I love them.

I heard that the lense has rubber that gets in your line of sight.

#11 splatman917

splatman917

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

go with the events, invert too (but i mean, it's only an extra $25ish to get the Pinokio, which i TOTALLY recommend!) and get the ETEK 4! with the ninja grey ghost!

#12 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

The halo too is a good price but the shell cracks like crazy . Go for something better.

Posted Image

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Etek4 is a half half on this forum. I personally hate it, cause its loud and kicky. Much rather prefer an axe or a drone dx. The eflexs are great. Jaw bounce isnt anything to worry about, and if you play right, your jaw should never have to be hit anyways. You might as well get a nice loader and be done with it.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#14 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

If the axe shoots good to you grab that, they shoot very nice and with some tuning, aftermarket barrel, and aftermarket bolt it's a beaut to shoot. Again soft gear over hard gear, get some comfortable gear then go to getting a marker and such.

Personally any prophecy you can get your hands on is well worth it, I like my v2 but then again spires are there to invite me to use it, buy it.

Tank wise just buy what you are comfortable with
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#15 Jugthug42

Jugthug42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

If you like spools also look at the proto reflex rail. It is very smooth, trigger is very adjustable, ergonomics are great and it looks very slick.

I love mine. Maintenance is very simple as well.

#16 stlpaintballer

stlpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

I just got back from my pro shop. I tried on all the masks and I got a pair of events for 80 bucks. I'm going back sometime to get an invert too and a ninja tank. I will still take suggestions on the marker though! On a side note though, the elfex feels AMAZING but I had to go with the events since the lense on the eflex has something obstructing your view.

Edited by stlpaintballer, 18 February 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#17 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

You should really consider going with the pinokio.

#18 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

I just got back from my pro shop. I tried on all the masks and I got a pair of events for 80 bucks. I'm going back sometime to get an invert too and a ninja tank. I will still take suggestions on the marker though! On a side note though, the elfex feels AMAZING but I had to go with the events since the lense on the eflex has something obstructing your view.

Well, they use the same lenses. As for markers, either go with the GoG eXTCy, or, if you're willing to go buy an Etek4, just go with the Axe. The Etek4 would be considered 'better', but it's loud and kicky, and the trigger is only 'meh' compared to the Axe. Uncle owns an Etek4, and I've used it a few times in games, and I do not like it one bit.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 19 February 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#19 stlpaintballer

stlpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

I ment that you could see the rubber oring in the lense in the eflex and you can't in the event. I bet that if you went with the ninja lense it wouldent matter in the eflex.

#20 stlpaintballer

stlpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Yeah, I have decided to go with the pinokio hopper for $100 and the Ninja Grey Ghost 68 4500 /with adjustable regulator.Posted Image
And for my marker I am thinking on going with the GOG Extcy. It just looks like a good gun for $250. I like the Extcy more than the Proto Rail though, and I am just playing recball.

Edited by stlpaintballer, 19 February 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#21 thesdpaintball

thesdpaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Here is my stab at helping you.

I would suggest the Proto Pro Axis, it is $80 but it is every bit as good as a high end mask. It is also techpb mikes favorite mask.

Loader: spend $20 extra dollars, ask your parents its fine, a z2, rotor, or even a scion if you are pinching for cash.

Marker: Empire Axe (inline poppet) or Proto Reflex Rail(spool valve), those are the two best guns in the price range. Screw the Etek 4, It is loud as all hell and just not worth the $500.

Tank: You are spot on.

#22 thesdpaintball

thesdpaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

P.s The Pinokio is a great loader too look into that maybe

#23 stlpaintballer

stlpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Well I already bought an event. I think that a pinokio is the cheapest superloader. And the reflex rail or extcy.

I think that the proto switch bottom is too flexible. I have tried it on.

#24 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Go with the extcy if you're really pinching on cash, but the Axe if you have the money.

#25 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Well for starters Welcome to TechPB!

Empire E-Vents: Great choice
Invert TOO It's more reliable, and has aftermarket parts galore!!!!
Ninja Grey Ghost 68 4500 with an adjustable regulator: Good choice but really any 68/4500 can be had for cheap. Especially out of hydro and just buy a ninja reg for $35-45
GOG Extcy or ETEK 4: ETEK! Extcy is nice, but the etek will be more reliable and have better resale value.

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#26 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

But I would go with the Axe over the Etek, much better marker than the etek.

#27 stlpaintballer

stlpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Yeah, I think I will go with the extcy, unless I get a job before I buy a marker. But I like the ETEK more because it is planet eclipse, is reliable, looks nicer, is ALOT simpler to maintain, and has autocoker barrel threads. The only reason I said I liked spools in the beggining is because I like how they sound, never owned one.

#28 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

The axe has autococker threads, not very hard to maintain, is Empire made, reliable, and looks damn sexy. Plus it sounds a hella lot quieter and shoots much much smoother, and has no macroline.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users