22 replies to this topic

#1 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Every single one of us was once new to the sport, every single one of us was once the helpless noob with a rental but most of us at one point or another progressed past that point and learned through mistakes and experience a few tips, tricks that we use on a daily basis.

I wanted to make a thread for people to share those tips and tricks and help out some newer players in the process.

Im going to start with a few things I have learned.

1: Resist the urge to whore around guns, it may be fun but when you find a gun you are happy with spend the time and money playing not getting new gear!

2: When you first get a gun read the whole Manuel make sure you have all the proper tools to maintain it then break it down completely and rebuild it several times. This will help you immensely in the long run, you will be able to diagnose and fix problems easier as well as make sure your marker is always functioning properly.

3: When you first get a new marker play with the trigger! Tune and adjust it to where you find it most comfortable. The trigger is where you interact with the gun on the field. Being comfortable with it makes or breaks the gun. If you like how the trigger feels you will be better at shooting out your opponents.

4:Buy good paint!!! It will save you loads of frustration, it will shoot and break better getting you more kills and letting you have more fun!

5: Keep your gear CLEAN!!! I can not stress this enough, a clean gun is a mean gun. This should speak for itself protect your investments!

So guys please feel free to share any little things that have helped you develop as a player. On the field or off!

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#2 Corysllw

Corysllw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Avoid getting shot....
And don't upgrade the crap out of lower-end guns!

#3 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,931 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

Don't be a pompous douche.

#4 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

Resist the urge to call fields "maps".
It makes you look uneducated and not be liked by the general public.

Don't act like you're better than everyone else.
Chances are you're probably not.

#5 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

Used high end will always be better than a new mid-low end. (assuming no problems from use have occurred)

Edited by Cj R, 16 February 2013 - 03:23 AM.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#6 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Practice with your marker at different ranges.

Use your head.

Learn how the other team plays and adjust.

Take the time to understand how guns,paint,masks clothing act in different environments.

Think about what your doing wrong after every match and correct it.

Find out how you play best, and what works for you, and stick with it.

And don't forget the five D's Dodge,Duck,Dip,Dive,Dodge
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#7 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Don't ever I mean EVER call paintballs bullets. I could not agree more with #1. I got my friend started into paintball in December. He has played 1 time and has bought 5 pod packs, 3 guns (a triton, alpha black,and a project salvo),and 3 or 4 tanks. He buys all of this other useless crap and his excuse is,"It's a good deal". I am all for getting new players, but don't go overboard when you start. Start out small and work yourself out from there. Just in case you were to ever quit.
\Posted Image

#8 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Buy good paint. Your whole experience will be better. You shoot more accurate, you get more eliminations, you have more fun. You don't need to buy tournament grade paint every time you play, but for god's sake don't buy from Walmart or buy white box trash. Pay the extra $10-$15 and get your hands on some desent paint. It's worth it.

Keep your shit clean. Same reason as above.

Even a low end gun can perform fairly well when combined with a proper loader. I used a spyder for 5 years and never felt the need to trade up because I had a desent loader on there. Good loader > good gun in the grand scheme of things.

When buying a mask, get your hands on every mask you can and try them on. Buy a new one based on how it fits, not how much it costs. If you go and buy a cheapo mask at Walmart, learn this the hard way like me, and waste more money at the end of the day on an ill fitting foging up mask, you will thank me later.

Have fun. That's the reason we all play.

#9 quickshot56

quickshot56

One of em Jersey Ballers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Don't be a pompous douche.

x2 and when you go to a field talk with and team up with other players and learn from them, thats how i learned 90% of the shit i know today, also once your comfortable try and go for the more experienced players on the other team this way your challanging yourself and getting better
RIP MITCH LUCKER.

USCG MK38 MOD1 25mm machine gunner!! Who wants some HEIT? MUHAHAHA

#10 pumpbusters

pumpbusters

Hasa Diga Eebowai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

If you haven't bought anything here's your order:

Mask (don't me cheap here)
Pants (try and buy as cheap as you can in your size as long as its a major brand (dye, valken, PE, etc) and the reason i say this is because you can destroy a lot of jeans....
Pod pack + paintball caddy
Loader
Tank (4500, you'll buy one later anyway)
Gun
Elbow+ knee pads

This may seem shallow and silly, but your not going to revolutionize the sport, try and play like the regulars, and soon enough you will be.

Buy a paintball caddy

I design video games for a living, that said, this isn't call of duty, your not Rambo, stay behind cover

Snake may hurt the back (it does for me, damn you scoliosis!!!!) but it's a vital position on the airball field, don't overlook it, and if there's nobody on the snake side, put your gun to the ground, and kick with your legs down the snake line.

As others have said, good paint means a good time.

First After Mike!

what did I tell about doing that?

"If at first you don't succeed pump, pump again." -me

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Buy Disruptive gear.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

Shameless plug much?

#13 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Buy Disruptive gear.

Stop doing that.

Don't go overboard when you first start. Paintball doesn't make you a badass. Listen to the people who have played longer and made the same mistakes you are about to make, and let them help you avoid them. Paintball isn't going anywhere, so don't try to become a pro player your first week in paintball, you'll just burn out that much quicker. Treat it as a hobby, not your lifestyle.

#14 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Buy Disruptive gear.

Stop doing that.

Don't go overboard when you first start. Paintball doesn't make you a badass. Listen to the people who have played longer and made the same mistakes you are about to make, and let them help you avoid them. Paintball isn't going anywhere, so don't try to become a pro player your first week in paintball, you'll just burn out that much quicker. Treat it as a hobby, not your lifestyle.

Exactly. One of the best feelings in paintball is that feeling when you get the money together to buy something new. You shouldn't have to say,"Well I haven't bought that yet".
\Posted Image

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Buy Disruptive gear.

Stop doing that.

Exactly. One of the best feelings in paintball is that feeling when you get the money together to buy something new. You shouldn't have to say,"Well I haven't bought that yet".

And as a hobby, do not try to make yourself cool to others by saying you play paintball, unless they themselves have played it a few times too. Play it as a hobby, remember to enjoy yourself. Dont go overboard with the seriousness and getting people out, even at big games, because at the end of the day, we're still alive doing our daily business.

#16 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

You sir get an internet brownie.

#17 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

You sir get an internet brownie.

Hell yeah

Edited by Billy Badass-RPF, 17 February 2013 - 06:55 PM.

If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#18 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Make friends with the ref and field owner the discounts and benefits will be immense

#19 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

paint grenades are useless...

#20 thesdpaintball

thesdpaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Buy the new proto paint its $50 and shoots and breaks like evil.

#21 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

KEEP YOUR GUN UP!

I can't stress this enough, your no good sitting a squatting in one spot, unless your engaged in a insane gun fight you should Always be gun up and ready.

if you want to watch a master at this Watch Federov(Yeah he is a pro, but his gun is NEVER down unless he is in the snake), also watch Mikes in game videos is Gun is ALWAYS UP, I think the most time I have ever seen his barrel tip down was when his angel went down and he was trying to get it working.

#22 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Buy Disruptive gear.

why? you give no reason on why to buy Disruptive gear, if you're going to promote something give someone a good reason to even take a look at what it is.
On another note, always be these/do things:
Helpful
Courteous to other players on the field
Never argue with a ref even if you think the call is unfair, chances are they caught something you didn't or vice versa
Communicate with your team
If you see someone in distress help them out, chances are they could use it
Don't extra ball people for fun because you like doing it, you'll probably get kicked off if it becomes apparent you're being a dick.

Lulzjustacat.png

#23 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Buy Disruptive gear.

why? you give no reason on why to buy Disruptive gear, if you're going to promote something give someone a good reason to even take a look at what it is.
On another note, always be these/do things:
Helpful
Courteous to other players on the field
Never argue with a ref even if you think the call is unfair, chances are they caught something you didn't or vice versa
Communicate with your team
If you see someone in distress help them out, chances are they could use it
Don't extra ball people for fun because you like doing it, you'll probably get kicked off if it becomes apparent you're being a dick.

Because they make good products, but are at a good, cheap, affordable price. The pants are awesome and last a while, yet are only $100. The gloves are pretty nice, and only 35 dollars. The headbands are great and come in so many different styles, even as much as the HK ones, and come in sandanas in those many types as well. The barrels are fairly cheap yet are awesome, and have tons of porting so are really quiet. The jerseys are meh, and that's why I really don't recommend them. I wear them because I have to, but I will easily say that empire and raza jerseys are my favorite, with dye and HK are a close second(Those two are my brothers, however, and he is a size larger than me so my opinion may be a tad off). Disruptive tanks are great as well, being around the same price range as the Ninja Tanks, and with good reason. They have a nice, adjustable and rebuildable regulator which only has 3 parts, making it super easy. The fill nipple is also decently small as well. The tanks also come with free hydro for life, lowering the cost to only shipping if you don't live in Arizona. That is why I recommend Disruptive Products oh so very much.

As for tips, I got some:
For anything not woodsball, mostly recball on fields with wooden bunkers and a bit larger than a tradition airball field, or airball with guys who don't really do tournament paintball, I recommend to always be looking, pointing, or shooting somewhere AT ALL TIMES. If you're not pointing your gun at someone and communicating, and just sitting there suppressed just cause one side of your bunker is being laned, then your a useless member of your team.

Know how fast you normally empty your hopper, so you never get caught without balls ready to fire.
Communicate Communicate Communicate Communicate.

Know how to slide in any form; left hip slide, right hip slide, left knee slide, right knee slide, superman, they make getting to your bunker a thing never to worry about.

Always take a moment to stop and look around once in a while; may it be speedball for better angles, to woodsball to catch a flanking maneuver, looking around at something other than the single guy you were snapping with is crucial to winning.

A thing I learned from a scenario/woodsball team that I was temporarily on: find cover, then shoot back.

A tactic we employed on the woodsball they called Disruption and Distortion (funny, it's like disruptive) Take cover. Use that cover for 15 seconds. Move to another place of cover. Rinse and repeat until they are all out. When we moved to a cover, the choice was semi random. We would cross up, back up, push forward, whatever to keep them surprised. Just make sure you know the angles of the bunker you went to.

If you can help it, don't try to shoot people directly in forward of you; angles are easier than head on snap shooting against someone.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users