15 replies to this topic

#1 evosamurai

evosamurai

Pumperton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

I like to run up and get to spots in lets say recball, but people that know the fields tear me up, should I stay back wait, and play the boundaries so i dont have to watch so many sides? i have a problem with popping out shooting at someone then i get hit in the mask from somewhere else. annoying. i need to learn the spots and angles at my field to get better but there are people with crazy accuracy.

Edited by evosamurai, 15 February 2013 - 09:39 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

I like to run up and get to spots in lets say recball, but people that know the fields tear me up, should I stay back wait, and play the boundaries so i dont have to watch so many sides? i have a problem with popping out shooting at someone then i get hit in the mask from somewhere else. annoying. i need to learn the spots and angles at my field to get better but there are people with crazy accuracy.

if you are going to play aggressive like that make sure you have a team that can back you up. other wise you tend to get chopped up all by yourself at the front of the field with no team mates around you. also if you can walk the field before you play it so you can see what bunkers can shoot you and from what angles you need to watch or on the flip side the bunkers you can ignore and let you team cover.
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#3 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

my advice...

talk to the players who shoot you out and ask what they saw that got you shot out, maybe your wrapping around the bunker too much.

talk to them B)

#4 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

if you are going to play aggressive like that make sure you have a team that can back you up.

Aggression is IMO suicide without a team that can keep you covered and in the game. However, it is also very important to wrap in your bunker very tightly.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#5 pumpbusters

pumpbusters

Hasa Diga Eebowai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

if you are going to play aggressive like that make sure you have a team that can back you up.

Aggression is IMO suicide without a team that can keep you covered and in the game. However, it is also very important to wrap in your bunker very tightly.

You've really got two options of playing aggressive without a solid team, run up as you normally would and get shot, or be a sneaky sneak, and move like crazy, yet to do this well you have to know the field VERY well. Also if you do get kept down, or their playing aggressive as well, bunker them,

First After Mike!

what did I tell about doing that?

"If at first you don't succeed pump, pump again." -me

#6 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

Look around as well, sometimes you might not see that the cover that you are running up to is wide open. Look to see if there are any players that can see you moving up.
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and become awesome.... true story

#7 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

I usually play near the back, and move up when there is no firing or risk of myself getting shot out. I usually take towers/tall aztecs.

Biggest thing I've learned, don't gun battle! Shoot the other side of your bunker, stay in until no more balls coming, or post on other side while keeping hidden from incoming balls
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#8 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Dont just rush up the field to a central spot where 5 people can shoot at you. Pick a spot where you have a shot on one or two people then shoot them out and move up to another spot with an angle on someone.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#9 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

You have to find the right balance between suicidal aggression and campy back playing. If you take a moment or two longer before you make your moves, then you will have a higher chance of making it alive. Also, if you make a move, instead of moving two or three bunkers at a time, just make short jumps to nearby bunkers, assess the situation, and then make your next move if deemed safe.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#10 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

I would say, besides playing better, that you should really talk to whomever you are playing with and get everybody to do designated things.

#11 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

Some pointers. For one be aggresive yes but not suicidal, keep ya head in the game, and learn the feild.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. Pay attention to the opposing team and don't tunnel vision on single opponent. If ya blindly run up the field or single out one other player ya Are going to leave ya self exposed to other players you did not see. Also moving up without knowing what ya gunning for put you at a disadvantage as ya exposed now while searching.

Communicate with your team. They can point out what you can't see. And don't be afraid to talk to others at the field and ask for advice. Any GOOD paintballer should want to help ya out.

And lastly. Just don't forget this is a game. It's meant to be fun. Don't get hung up on performance too much just get out and play experience and practice will improve ya game but those will only work if ya having FUN.

Oh and from your post sounds like ya could use some work on ya snap shooting skills. MIKE has a good vid on snap shooting and ways to practice that on you tube check it out.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#12 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

I would say, besides playing better, that you should really talk to whomever you are playing with and get everybody to do designated things.

thats what she said.

#13 ppbr2321

ppbr2321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

When I was new, the same thing happened to me. Of course back then, I always played walk on at a small field near me. Now that I'm on a team, I find that I can really control the side I'm assigned with a few key moves, and the support of my team.
Everyone of us is assigned an area or length to control. Because of this I don't have to worry about cross field fire. As long as I keep an eye on the entire field, as well as in front of me - I stay safe. If you're being shot at, come out when the shooting stops, and find out where the paint is coming from. Suppress that area or person, and get to the next bunker. When you get closer, you'll be just as much a threat to them as they are to you - regardless of the accuracy or quality of your marker.
Good luck!

#14 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

regardless of the accuracy or quality of your marker.

Accuracy is not dependent on a marker nor barrels.

#15 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

when you switch sides memorize where you got shot out and play like as if you were the guy who shot you out to see where he could have seen you.

Lulzjustacat.png

#16 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

walk the field more.. sometimes crouching in a bunker give you a wide open spot on the snake or dorrito corner, you can stay tucked in tight and still be able to shoot snake 1 or 2... people forget with each "movement" comes a greater risk if both players that are aggressive. and get way close on the break or run really heavy lanes( 2-3 people lane just one little spot) those are things you need to look for and try taking another route, maybe you want to play dorrito but you personally work better in a can and gunning up the middle...

Try different approaches to people, maybe if one person hides behind their marker just take a couple pot shots at his bunker and see if he pulls in more... that's a prime indicator that a gun fight with him is Way easy or he is bating you in.

Edited by Panda Man, 22 February 2013 - 03:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users