• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

is the output pressure of the tank affected by the pressure inside the tank? For example, would more pressure be going into my gun when my gauge reads 3k opposed to there being 800psi. i have noticed that my g6r asa leaks more when my tank was almost out of air at about 1k psi left. Is this coincidence or what?

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

The pressure in the tank should not affect the output pressure, because the regulator regulates the pressure down to whatever it is set at.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

The tank's regulator only outputs whatever it's set to (850psi, 500psi, whatever). Whether there's 4.5k or 1k, it won't matter. It's only when the pressure in the tank dips below what the output pressure of the regulator is that the output changes, and that's a lowering since its impossible to output more than what's in there.

#4 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Higher pressure will recharge the regulator faster than lower pressure. However, the difference is so small (think milliseconds) that it would not affect the operation of the gun.
As to why your G6R is leaking, I don't really know, but it doesn't sound like it should be doing that.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#5 No Mercy Ever

No Mercy Ever

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Yes. It has been shown with certain regs that they hold their output pressure until they are around 1000 PSI or less (Ninja, older Pure Energy regs), and others decay their output pressure as the tank pressure goes down (Crossfire and Guerrilla Air). It is because of that reason that more people like Ninja regs than most any others, because they keep a consistent output pressure until you get them nearly empty.

#6 thesdpaintball

thesdpaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

If the your output is 800 and you only have 700 in the tank then I'm pretty sure your output will be 700 too.

#7 No Mercy Ever

No Mercy Ever

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

If the your output is 800 and you only have 700 in the tank then I'm pretty sure your output will be 700 too.

It depends upon what reg you are using. It has been shown that Ninja regs hold their output until they hit around 1000 PSI, then they decay as the bottle pressure drops. But I have seen that both Crossfire and GA regs decay from the start, so by 700 PSI, they may only be outputting around 300 PSI.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users