8 replies to this topic

#1 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

Which is better, that really isn't a good question!!! The better question is which is the better all around package?

Edited by SCHULER, 16 February 2013 - 04:38 AM.

Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#2 GTF CORPS

GTF CORPS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Do you plan on running remote line or not? and do you use first strike rounds? The 8.1 is bigger than the tipx, it is also a lot harder to maintain, and it's heavier plus mags cost 30 bucks a piece which is why I bought my tipx instead of the t8.1
GTF CORPS!!

#3 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

If you ever plan to use First Strike rounds, go for the 8.1. As you probably know, it's already set up for FS out of the box.

Besides that, it's basically preference. 8.1 mags are heavier because they have gas in the mag; but assuming you plan to have several mags, that means you don't have to change your 12-grams as often mid-game.
Also, TPX mags are a bit more fragile. They won't break if you drop them on the ground, but they might crack if you accidentally stepped on one. The tiberius mags, being metal, will last longer; but at a sacrifice of weight.

Maintenance is likely about the same. I've never had a TiPX apart, but my 8.1 is bolt-out-the-back disassembly, so I don't know what GTF is complaining about.

I mainly got the 8.1 because I didn't really like the angle of the grip on the TPX. I found myself continually shooting low because I'm used to a grip angle that's closer to 45* like what's on the Tiberius.
The Tiberius, however is a bit fatter so if you have smaller hands, it might be a bit awkward (although I was surprised that it still felt good in my hands, and my hands are about average sized.)

Either way, it's hard to go wrong, and both companies will help you if you have issues.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#4 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

If you ever plan to use First Strike rounds, go for the 8.1. As you probably know, it's already set up for FS out of the box.

Besides that, it's basically preference. 8.1 mags are heavier because they have gas in the mag; but assuming you plan to have several mags, that means you don't have to change your 12-grams as often mid-game.
Also, TPX mags are a bit more fragile. They won't break if you drop them on the ground, but they might crack if you accidentally stepped on one. The tiberius mags, being metal, will last longer; but at a sacrifice of weight.

Maintenance is likely about the same. I've never had a TiPX apart, but my 8.1 is bolt-out-the-back disassembly, so I don't know what GTF is complaining about.

I mainly got the 8.1 because I didn't really like the angle of the grip on the TPX. I found myself continually shooting low because I'm used to a grip angle that's closer to 45* like what's on the Tiberius.
The Tiberius, however is a bit fatter so if you have smaller hands, it might be a bit awkward (although I was surprised that it still felt good in my hands, and my hands are about average sized.)

Either way, it's hard to go wrong, and both companies will help you if you have issues.

+1

#5 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

I personally think the t8 feels extremely over sized in the hands, the co2 plus paintball in the mag doesn't do the weight distribution any favors either. The tpx has a much better feeling grip, and since the co2 is in the front it is actually very balanced in the hands. I don't like the idea of fs rounds in a pistol because, well, its a pistol. Its made for getting in close. If you wanna fling fs rounds get something that's a little easier to point, like a 9.1 or a milsig. At 5 bucks per 10 rounds, I like to be sure I hit what I'm shooting

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#6 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

I personally think the t8 feels extremely over sized in the hands, the co2 plus paintball in the mag doesn't do the weight distribution any favors either. The tpx has a much better feeling grip, and since the co2 is in the front it is actually very balanced in the hands. I don't like the idea of fs rounds in a pistol because, well, its a pistol. Its made for getting in close. If you wanna fling fs rounds get something that's a little easier to point, like a 9.1 or a milsig. At 5 bucks per 10 rounds, I like to be sure I hit what I'm shooting

With a vertical foregrip, the 8.1 is surprisingly stable, and if you really want a carbine option, there's always the opsgear mp7 kit.

As to price, if you buy in bulk, you can get 100 FS rounds for $40 if you buy the box instead of the individual tubes. Not fantastic, but better than buying the tubes.

Oh, and as a side note, there IS a First Strike kit for the TPX.

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#7 SCHULER

SCHULER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

With a vertical foregrip, the 8.1 is surprisingly stable, and if you really want a carbine option, there's always the opsgear mp7 kit.

As to price, if you buy in bulk, you can get 100 FS rounds for $40 if you buy the box instead of the individual tubes. Not fantastic, but better than buying the tubes.

Oh, and as a side note, there IS a First Strike kit for the TPX.

I know about the fs upgrade. I have a tipx. Also with a remote line tipx will shoot long then the 8.1 be able to only take 12g. If I'm wrong please tell me. I think after looking in to both guns the tipx is the better pistol since it can shoot fs round from the mag. Then again it's a matter of choice.
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#8 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

There is an out-the-back remote line mod for the 8.1: linkylinklinklink

Either way, both are nice. If you already have the TiPX, there's not a whole lot of reasons to switch unless your'e just curious.

#9 SCHULER

SCHULER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

I was just curious. Their almost the same as far as what you can do with then pistol wise

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users