• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Since ans has sp1s for 125 that is lower in price than the enmey. I have only heard good things about both of these guns and I am having a hard time deciding.

Edited by tot810, 16 February 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#2 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

the SP-1 is just like all of the other ION clones in a "scenario body" meaning its probably more weight than what you want to be carrying around the airball field all day.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#3 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

I think it is under 3 pounds

#4 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

The majority of the SP1's construction is composite, meaning it's nowhere near as heavy as it would be if it were metal. It's not unbearably heavy to carry.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#5 philip0871

philip0871

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

Even if the SP1 is slightly heavier, it is extremely balanced in the hand. It almost forces itself level. Also the SP1 is not an "ION clone", it is essentially a Vibe underneath all its rails.

#6 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

I have an envy already but I really think that the single trigger would be cool. Both of these have one so that is why I was comparing them. I am leaning closer to the sp1 right now.

#7 philip0871

philip0871

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Ive never shot an Enmey, but I can tell you the stock single trigger on the SP1 feels great! It is very tight and the feedback is fantastic. I dont have a blackheart in mine so the single trigger is more than sufficient for me

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Personally, if I had an Envy already I would just stick with that and spend my money on entry/paint.

#9 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Playdoh I need another gun for my brother to use I wouldn't get a new one if it was for me. I just know that the vibe/envy platform is really nice especially for new players.

#10 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

Even if the SP1 is slightly heavier, it is extremely balanced in the hand. It almost forces itself level. Also the SP1 is not an "ION clone", it is essentially a Vibe underneath all its rails.

i have a G-1. i group the eXTCy, enemy, vibe, blah blah blah all in the same group of guns. they're essentially the same.
g-1 is great if you want to do woods play and look ridiculous at the same time(which is 100% the reason i bought it), but for speedball, look somewhere else.

my logic is that any "speedball gun" will work great in the woods, but a "woodsball gun" doesn't transition well into speedball.

#11 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

I think it will mainly be used for woodsball with maybe a little bit of speedball. But you still can use a "woodsball" gun on an airball field it just isn't as practical.

#12 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Also the SP1 is not an "ION clone"

you're kidding right?

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

you're kidding right?

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#14 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

The eNVy is great, the sp1 should be fine too! The sp1 is going to be just like the envy only with rails.

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#15 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

The eNVy is great, the sp1 should be fine too! The sp1 is going to be just like the envy only with rails.

I already have an envy I am asking about the enmey ;)

#16 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

I already have an envy I am asking about the enmey ;)

Enmey operates the same, It's just mech. The Envy, Enmey and SP-1 will all have the same bolts. Enmey will be a mech, sp1 will be an electro. Just depends what you want. They'll have the same efficiency, shot quality, sound etc.

Edited by Steephill, 18 February 2013 - 06:04 PM.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#17 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

you're kidding right?

You can argue both ways. Clone means copy.The recent markers are more of an evolution. The only thing the SP-1 retained was the engine (and even that was modified). The board, reg, trigger, feedneck etc is distinct. Clone may not be an appropriate word. The Sp-8 and epiphany were clones. The Sp-1 more so adopted the platform/engine. If clone was an appropriate word then I would argue that the rail is more of an ion clone than the extcy is. The board of the rail is more similar to the older ions than the waterproof, and more versitile boards of the extcy.

To the OP: I would get whatever you prefer to use. I think the determining factor is whether you prefer to have a mech marker or an electro. The body sould have little influence. Both will feel fairly comfy and light. Although if you intend to attach stuff, the rails do help.

#18 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

you're kidding right?

You can argue both ways. Clone means copy.The recent markers are more of an evolution. The only thing the SP-1 retained was the engine (and even that was modified). The board, reg, trigger, feedneck etc is distinct. Clone may not be an appropriate word. The Sp-8 and epiphany were clones. The Sp-1 more so adopted the platform/engine. If clone was an appropriate word then I would argue that the rail is more of an ion clone than the extcy is. The board of the rail is more similar to the older ions than the waterproof, and more versitile boards of the extcy.

To the OP: I would get whatever you prefer to use. I think the determining factor is whether you prefer to have a mech marker or an electro. The body sould have little influence. Both will feel fairly comfy and light. Although if you intend to attach stuff, the rails do help.

were really just arguing semantics. everyone understood what i meant by my use of "clone", the point got across. no need to delve further into the matter.

#19 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

I still can't decide. I mean I could always just have the sp1 on semi and shoot it like that to be a mech, but the enmey still looks really nice.

#20 raven_op

raven_op

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

in the end though, isnt it better to have the option of a burst/full auto rather than having a "nice look" function over fashion any day of the week. no one admires the look of a marker when they are being pelted with paintballs haha

#21 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Except for the fact that burst and full auto doesnt really benefit you in many ways. Most fields dont even allow those modes, and in all practicality, full auto serves little purpose, especially on a milsim gun.

#22 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

Out of the two personally I'd opt for the eNMEy simply cause I prefer mechanical markers. But really you be doing just fine with either choice.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#23 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Except for the fact that burst and full auto doesnt really benefit you in many ways. Most fields dont even allow those modes, and in all practicality, full auto serves little purpose, especially on a milsim gun.

well if you're playing milsim, select fire is kind of part of it..

#24 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Exactly the thing. 'If you're playing milsim"
What if he's not or is not sure if he wants to? What then? He has a large gun that may be unwieldly in smaller, airball sized fields. In the woods, sure, it doesnt matter, especially in this case, where the drive engine in the same.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users