• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

What is the advantage of paintball paints and shirts over normal stuff? I understand why stuff with padding could be nice. But what is the pint of the stuff without padding?

#2 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Some of the stuff that doesn't have padding has great breathability. Some jerseys that don't have padding will sometimes have sponsors on them, so the person wearing them is required to wear it. Now pants are a whole different story. The good pants have padding in the knee and groin area. There are some $20 pants out there that don't have either. The advantage of a pair of $20 pair of pants vs jeans or sweatpants is the durability. You can't really slide around in jeans or sweats without them riding up your leg.
\Posted Image

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,105 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

"Its the little things."

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

The point of paintball pants?

Well if you really have to ask if it hurts to get shot in the nuts then you really don't need them.

#5 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Well if you really have to ask if it hurts to get shot in the nuts then you really don't need them.

I am a girl player, but I have seen plenty of teammates bite the dust for a few minutes getting hit where you don't want to... I would definitely recommend some padding there!!! They are more durable and easy to move and slide in when playing hard! Jersey wise... padding isn't necessary, but it does help you get a few bounces every now and then.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#6 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Seems somebody didn't read the question. Since I stated I understood the stuff with the padding. ;)

I am a girl player, but I have seen plenty of teammates bite the dust for a few minutes getting hit where you don't want to... I would definitely recommend some padding there!!! They are more durable and easy to move and slide in when playing hard! Jersey wise... padding isn't necessary, but it does help you get a few bounces every now and then.

Here is a question you are most likely the best to answer. What type of padding should I look at for my 13 year old daughter?

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Seems somebody didn't read the question. Since I stated I understood the stuff with the padding. ;)

Here is a question you are most likely the best to answer. What type of padding should I look at for my 13 year old daughter?

Chest protector and some good pants. Jersey isn't really necessary, especially since they keep the padding on them to a 2mm limit. That's why a lot of teams use longsleeves as jerseys, since they're cheap and customizable. But pants, pants are important. The breathing and the sliding abilities of paintball pants over other pants is great.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

I have a Planet Eclipse under jersey (which is a padded chest protector). I also wear a padded jersey over that with arm pads. Tournaments you are allowed one underlayer, but with open play you can wear what you want. I also wear a Planet Eclipse neck guard. That way I don't always have the hits on my neck. Other than that I wear the basics. A bandanna and headband like in my photo with the Sly mask, Sly paintball pants and cleats. I would worry more about the chest padding and her neck.

I hope she is having fun playing and if she ever has any questions please ask... I teach little kids at my local field :D
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#9 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

I have a Planet Eclipse under jersey (which is a padded chest protector). I also wear a padded jersey over that with arm pads. Tournaments you are allowed one underlayer, but with open play you can wear what you want. I also wear a Planet Eclipse neck guard. That way I don't always have the hits on my neck. Other than that I wear the basics. A bandanna and headband like in my photo with the Sly mask, Sly paintball pants and cleats. I would worry more about the chest padding and her neck.

I hope she is having fun playing and if she ever has any questions please ask... I teach little kids at my local field :D

Thanks you. I will ask if she has any questions. She seems to really be taking to the sport. It is chest padding that she is worried about. But I am looking at other padding. The refs keep tring to talk her into playing the little local tournies. We have a great field here and I think the refs have taken to her which is great as well.

#10 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

maybe a bit weird but Exile308, for your 13 year old daughter you could also invest in a pair of predator Predlocs instead of a sandana. They seem to protect the head and neck area very well. http://www.predatorpredlocs.com/

#11 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

I got shot right above the coin purse.
Doesn't hurt as bad with the JT Team pants, even though they don't have padding there.
I used to wear Camo BDU pants and groin shots hurt more than with the pb pants.

Also paintball pants add +10 to your agg points.

#12 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

As far as pants and jerseys go, I've heard that Dye stuff fits pretty well on the ladies.

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

As far as pants and jerseys go, I've heard that Dye stuff fits pretty well on the ladies.

Eclipse stuff works rather well too. This might be the only time someone talks about paintball pants and jerseys that I won't say Disruptive and recommend something else.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#14 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Thanks you. I will ask if she has any questions. She seems to really be taking to the sport. It is chest padding that she is worried about. But I am looking at other padding. The refs keep tring to talk her into playing the little local tournies. We have a great field here and I think the refs have taken to her which is great as well.

The refs were always great to me when I started and still are today! It is hard jumping into a male dominate sport.
The Pb Lady

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#15 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Follow up quest. Pants and jersey which ones are the most breathable. I play in Louisiana and Texas and it gets hot and humid. So I know I need some really breathable stuff for the summer when it gets really hot and humid. Which brands are the best for breathablity? The shop at the field really only has Empire pants so I can't compare in person. I prefer cammo but for the hot summers I just want to not be hot.

#16 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

What is the advantage of paintball paints and shirts over normal stuff? I understand why stuff with padding could be nice. But what is the pint of the stuff without padding?

Some tournaments won't allow padding in clothes since they promote bounces. For instance some companies made jerseys with padded forearms. The stated reason was protection when sliding, the real reason is that's an often exposed area so a little bit of padding when you are snap shooting can keep a ball from breaking and give you an advantage. Same thing with shoulders, upper arms, and so on. When you dive that 1/16-1/8 of foam isn't going to make a noticeable difference. Also a baggy jersey will allow deadspace to catch a ball and decelerate it before it contacts your body, again promoting bounces. Pulling the front of your jersey over your harness and letting it hang gives you a nice drape when you are leaning your upper body forward.

On Pants it's a different story. My Angel pants have heavy padded knees made of either ballistic nylon or kevlar, I don't remember which. The knees take alot of abuse sliding, so if you don't have something heavy duty they will get destroyed quickly. And as mentioned above the crotch is an understandable place to pad too.

One of the big advantages of paintball clothes over normal clothes is they allow you to use elbow and knee pads under them. These pads take up alot of space, so even a pair of loosely fitting pants won't give you enough room to wear knee pads without binding. Same with a loose fitting shirt and elbow pads. Also paintball jerseys and paints are mostly made of synthetic materials which resist staining from paints much better.

#17 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Why not just wear a cup?

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#18 OGTrill817

OGTrill817

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

who is that girl in your profile pic :wub:

#19 michealmarquez

michealmarquez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

I have wear paintball clothes with padding. And I have use pant and jersey with padding elbow, knee padding and i have use for summer. Pant and jersey are mostly made of synthetic materials which resist staining from paints much better. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users