• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 islandjat

islandjat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Hey guys im really new to paintball-like i just played yesterday. However, it was so much fun i want to do it again but on paintball tournament or a team. How should I proceed doing matches and stuff like that? As I said I'm brand new to everything so please explain it all. I signed up for Empire Paintball the rookie card. I received an email that said: Here is your FREE ROOKIE PASS COUPON from Empire and Empire Battle Tested Paintball.
I believe this is like a free one time pass or something i dont know. It wasn't very detailed. Anyways, I want to do more paintballing and don't want to pay a lot since im really new. If it turns out well I'll be willing to spend some more money on extra equipment but for now im fine. I just want to start getting some experience under my belt and need help proceeding. Thanks-

#2 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

You don't just go straight from playing once to playing on a team. I started playing in 2008 when I was 13, and I have yet to join a tournament team.
The first thing you have to remember is that tournament paintball is expensive, and people don't rent guns. You will have buy, use, and maintain your own equipment. It requires travel, paint costs, entry fees, and a whole bunch of other things.
For now, if you are not prepared to spend a gratuitous amount of money on gear, just keep playing. The difference between new and experienced players is just that, experience.
Even if you are prepared to spend the money, I wouldn't just jump headlong into tournament play. Keep playing recreationally at your field, invest in a good mask, good hopper, good tank, a nice pod pack/pods, then make the dive and buy a starting electronic marker.
The one thing that really helped introduce me to the idea of tournament paintball is going to the paintball field on sundays (or holiday mondays) and playing with the teams even thought I wasn't on them, it really helps you get acclimated to the whole atmosphere.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#3 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

You don't just go straight from playing once to playing on a team. I started playing in 2008 when I was 13, and I have yet to join a tournament team.
The first thing you have to remember is that tournament paintball is expensive, and people don't rent guns. You will have buy, use, and maintain your own equipment. It requires travel, paint costs, entry fees, and a whole bunch of other things.
For now, if you are not prepared to spend a gratuitous amount of money on gear, just keep playing. The difference between new and experienced players is just that, experience.
Even if you are prepared to spend the money, I wouldn't just jump headlong into tournament play. Keep playing recreationally at your field, invest in a good mask, good hopper, good tank, a nice pod pack/pods, then make the dive and buy a starting electronic marker.
The one thing that really helped introduce me to the idea of tournament paintball is going to the paintball field on sundays (or holiday mondays) and playing with the teams even thought I wasn't on them, it really helps you get acclimated to the whole atmosphere.

Completely agree with this. You have to keep getting out there and playing. The cost of paint alone even you don't have to travel will build up. You will have to make sure you have all the proper gear and some gear you use in tournaments can be pricey. Just take your time and enjoy it for now, make sure you like it.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#4 GuyGrim

GuyGrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

I say BAH...

Getting a Tournament Level Team to take you serious may be difficult due to the fact that you simply may not be that good, no matter how much fun you had the first time. However, there is nothing saying that you cannot enter local tournaments. I just started playing speedball last summer. After 4-5 months of playing, I found out about a one-day, 3 man tournament at a local field, so I grabbed 2 buddies and signed up. The tournament atmosphere was a blast and I believe there were 10 teams in the rookie division. It was a bit intimidating at first, but once we settled in we did real well. Make a long story short - My Team Won. We were a bit older than the rest, but all relatively new to paintball.

That is my story and I am sticking to it! This year the same field will be hosting a 3 man and 5 man tournament. We'll be back in the 3 man to defend our title and we'll grab 2 more friends for the 5 man!

Have fun,

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users