• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ev4n

ev4n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:02 PM

I'm looking into buying my first marker, and I thought it might be a good idea to buy a higher quality old gun, instead of a crappy new gun. I mean old as in they don't make them any more not used. Is the ICD promaster still a good gun?

Also I live in canada so shipping from american sites is a rip. I currently own nothing so zephyrs 1 star nitro package for $200 is appealing to me. http://www.zephyrpai...ro_Package.html I would buy this but it is US dollars and nearly $60 shipping to Canada. Does anyone know of any canadian sites that carry promasters with a decent price.

Edited by ev4n, 25 March 2009 - 03:06 PM.

#2 Gpbman97

Gpbman97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

nah they are headaches and are not made anymore (i think the company shut down) and if it brakes you cant send it in to anybody

If you are under 18, and pay for your own gear, paste this in your sig!

#3 shooptek

shooptek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:19 PM

Not a bad idea to purchase an older version of a marker, but make sure the company is still around or parts for the marker are still made, so if you ever have an issue you can take care of it.

Keep up with Bunkerama:
Twitter | YouTube | Bunkerama.com

#4 lukefresh58

lukefresh58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

for $175 cdn. you can get a steely tank, azodin kaos, and revvy. then buy a good quality used mask, like proflexes for 30 bucks and maybe replace the lense and your set
Posted Image

#5 Weigel21

Weigel21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:37 PM

ProMasters, in my experience, are well made and very reliable. However, ICD did stop making paintball equipment and now all warranty related problems are handled by VaporWorks. If you're looking for a good rec marker they're great (IMO), but if you play at a field that has a firing cap below 15bps or you ever intend to play in tournaments then you'll have to upgrade the board. Also, the feedneck only fits gravity hoppers well, so you'd want to upgrade that and they don't come with an ASA. Truth be told they are good markers, but they are outdated and because of this not the best choice. You'd be better off trying to buy an 09 SLG or a Vibe.

#6 pmiboyz

pmiboyz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

I wouldn't there old and ICD isn't around anymore so if it breaks or something your pretty much screwed.

#7 Weigel21

Weigel21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:00 PM

Why does everyone say ICD isn't around anymore when they only stopped making paintball gear? As for being screwed if it breaks, Vaporworks is covering the warranties. Though it is true that parts are getting fewer and fewer every day and before too long there may not be any techs familiar with them. They're still great markers, just outdated and thus not a good choice.

#8 lavalettenj

lavalettenj

Super Elite Senior Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:04 PM

for $175 cdn. you can get a steely tank, azodin kaos, and revvy. then buy a good quality used mask, like proflexes for 30 bucks and maybe replace the lense and your set

That sounds good to me. Mike has been giving a lot of props to the Azodin Kaos, especially in his review.

#9 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

There's no kill like overkill.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

Here ya go. This is THE place to go for inexpensive Canadian paintball stuff

http://www.ameropain...ategory/41.html

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#10 ev4n

ev4n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

where did you find the azodin kaos?, that seems like a good deal.

#11 shooptek

shooptek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:57 PM

Why does everyone say ICD isn't around anymore when they only stopped making paintball gear?

All I meant was that they arent involved in the paintball industry directly anymore. As far as I am concerned, they might as well not be around.

Keep up with Bunkerama:
Twitter | YouTube | Bunkerama.com

#12 Weigel21

Weigel21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

Fair enough, although you never said ICD was gone, just that it is best to check that they are still around an part are available, which is always a good idea.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users