7 replies to this topic

#1 joeakuaku

joeakuaku

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

1: i have a cf tank, what do the dot stamps or whatever. What do they mean?

2. My gun leaks from the macroline fitting. I replaced the macroline fitting and if i twist it right it doesnt leak. I must be precise. Would cutting a larger piece of macroline fix that? (It seems kind of short)

3. All my friends quit paintball, and I rarely play. I may be able to start playing with a group of locals i found. Upgrade my gun (ego 7) or keep it?

4. If i do upgrade, is the upgrade to a ego 9 worth the money? Is there any other gun you would suggest? If you are going to tell me to invest in other gear i should tell you that i am happy with what i currently have as a setup. (I4's, rotor, cf tank.)

5. How much would my ego roughly go for?

Thanks a ton!

#2 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Keep the 7 no point in going to a 9 other than ergonomics.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#3 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Make sure your cf tank doesn't need to be tested. Keep the 7

#4 Yankee Paintball

Yankee Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Keep the 7 and have the local shop show you how to fix your macroline. As far as the tank you should see a number like 10@07. The first number is the month of manufacture and the second is the year.

"That blew so hard all my old Nintendo games started working again."~Dstyles75

#5 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

You might need a new macroline fitting. But make sure the cut on the piece of macroline is straight.

#6 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

1: i have a cf tank, what do the dot stamps or whatever. What do they mean?
Those stampings mean they meet the proper specifications for a safe pressurized cylinder for that particular organization.

2. My gun leaks from the macroline fitting. I replaced the macroline fitting and if i twist it right it doesnt leak. I must be precise. Would cutting a larger piece of macroline fix that? (It seems kind of short)
It's likely a longer piece will seal better, just be sure it has clean and straight cuts to ensure a proper seating as well.

3. All my friends quit paintball, and I rarely play. I may be able to start playing with a group of locals i found. Upgrade my gun (ego 7) or keep it?
If it still works, there's no need to upgrade. Unless, of course, you really want to.

4. If i do upgrade, is the upgrade to a ego 9 worth the money? Is there any other gun you would suggest? If you are going to tell me to invest in other gear i should tell you that i am happy with what i currently have as a setup. (I4's, rotor, cf tank.)
Depending on your budget, there are many good options out there with the Ego 9 being one of them.

5. How much would my ego roughly go for?
Depending on the condition, I'd say about $300-400.

Thanks a ton!

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#7 joeakuaku

joeakuaku

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Thanks everyone! I love my ego 7 so i dont think i will sell it (: thanks again!

#8 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

I would keep the EGO 7 and try cutting a little bit bigger of a piece and if it still has a leak after replacing everything massage the macro line a little to make it fit in better (make sure it is in placed then move it around a little). Sounds weird, but has worked many times.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users