7 replies to this topic

#1 joeakuaku

joeakuaku

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

1: i have a cf tank, what do the dot stamps or whatever. What do they mean?

2. My gun leaks from the macroline fitting. I replaced the macroline fitting and if i twist it right it doesnt leak. I must be precise. Would cutting a larger piece of macroline fix that? (It seems kind of short)

3. All my friends quit paintball, and I rarely play. I may be able to start playing with a group of locals i found. Upgrade my gun (ego 7) or keep it?

4. If i do upgrade, is the upgrade to a ego 9 worth the money? Is there any other gun you would suggest? If you are going to tell me to invest in other gear i should tell you that i am happy with what i currently have as a setup. (I4's, rotor, cf tank.)

5. How much would my ego roughly go for?

Thanks a ton!

#2 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,809 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Keep the 7 no point in going to a 9 other than ergonomics.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#3 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Make sure your cf tank doesn't need to be tested. Keep the 7

#4 Yankee Paintball

Yankee Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Keep the 7 and have the local shop show you how to fix your macroline. As far as the tank you should see a number like 10@07. The first number is the month of manufacture and the second is the year.
Connecticut's woodsball field! Bookmark www.yankeepaintball.com Closed for the winter, reopening April 7th, 2012.
Authorized Dealer for CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE,APP and Procaps.
Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email.

"That blew so hard all my old Nintendo games started working again."~Dstyles75

#5 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

You might need a new macroline fitting. But make sure the cut on the piece of macroline is straight.

#6 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

1: i have a cf tank, what do the dot stamps or whatever. What do they mean?
Those stampings mean they meet the proper specifications for a safe pressurized cylinder for that particular organization.

2. My gun leaks from the macroline fitting. I replaced the macroline fitting and if i twist it right it doesnt leak. I must be precise. Would cutting a larger piece of macroline fix that? (It seems kind of short)
It's likely a longer piece will seal better, just be sure it has clean and straight cuts to ensure a proper seating as well.

3. All my friends quit paintball, and I rarely play. I may be able to start playing with a group of locals i found. Upgrade my gun (ego 7) or keep it?
If it still works, there's no need to upgrade. Unless, of course, you really want to.

4. If i do upgrade, is the upgrade to a ego 9 worth the money? Is there any other gun you would suggest? If you are going to tell me to invest in other gear i should tell you that i am happy with what i currently have as a setup. (I4's, rotor, cf tank.)
Depending on your budget, there are many good options out there with the Ego 9 being one of them.

5. How much would my ego roughly go for?
Depending on the condition, I'd say about $300-400.

Thanks a ton!

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#7 joeakuaku

joeakuaku

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Thanks everyone! I love my ego 7 so i dont think i will sell it (: thanks again!

#8 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

I would keep the EGO 7 and try cutting a little bit bigger of a piece and if it still has a leak after replacing everything massage the macro line a little to make it fit in better (make sure it is in placed then move it around a little). Sounds weird, but has worked many times.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users