• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 brent24conyers

brent24conyers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Now I've heard to do it both ways but which is better tilting your marker or having it straight on?

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

What are you even talking about?

Hold it how you want it, but make sure you line your marker up with your bunker when you are shooing so you don't expose your hopper or hand.

#3 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

It depends on the bunker. When playing doritoes usually tilt so that it lines up and i don't have a lot of my hopper exposed. When playing aztecs i do the same thing but i tilt a little less. On cans i pretty much don't tilt.

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Doesn't make a difference because if you tilt your gun to hide your hopper your tank pops out.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Doesn't make a difference because if you tilt your gun to hide your hopper your tank pops out.

not necessarily

your forearm protects your tank. So it DOES make a difference whether you stick out your loader (unprotected) or your tank)

Also, typically people shoot at masks, it's the first and the easiest things to shoot at.

90% of all players, including pros, will tell you the best form is to keep your elbow down, position the back of the gun so that it's inline with you nose (usually about 4 to 6 inches in front of your nose), with your hopper tilted in and tucked behind your bunker.

Now, this is not like other sports like golf, where one type of form is meant to fit everyone. It's just a starting point for you to develop your own style.

But for me, what works best is to tilt my hopper behind the bunker, align the back of the gun to my nose, and keep my elbow down. It's comfy and works great in most circumstances

Dynasty Dissected has a great feature on how to hold your marker, that's where I learned it from

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Yeah first after mike.
Nose to back of marker is normally my first tip. After that, you can develop your own style. You can even chickenwing it if you want, albeit not very effective.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#7 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Yeah first after mike.
Nose to back of marker is normally my first tip. After that, you can develop your own style. You can even chickenwing it if you want, albeit not very effective.

Some people find it easier to walk the trigger when you chickenwing.
\Posted Image

#8 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Yeah first after mike.

I would argue that is easier due to the fact you dont have your wrist at a bit of unnatural angle.

#9 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

I keep it as close to my center as possible...
My elbows are tucked in and my forearms are almost straight up and down. Trigger is about eye level for me... Everyone is a little different so it all comes down to personal technique.

#10 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Elbows tucked, I try to lean the hopper in but it gets uncomfortable trying to pump it like that.
Trigger about nose level, hopper eye level.

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Yeah first after mike.

I would argue that is easier due to the fact you dont have your wrist at a bit of unnatural angle.

It increases your profile, making it rather impractical. You'd have to sacrifice a bit of comfort for staying in the game, but it's worth it.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Yeah first after mike.

It increases your profile, making it rather impractical. You'd have to sacrifice a bit of comfort for staying in the game, but it's worth it.

Yup, but its up to the user I guess. I prefer staying a smaller profile so I'll sacrifice that comfort to my wrist haha.(though, for being a big guy staying small is an issue regardless :P)

#13 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

not necessarily

your forearm protects your tank. So it DOES make a difference whether you stick out your loader (unprotected) or your tank)

Also, typically people shoot at masks, it's the first and the easiest things to shoot at.

90% of all players, including pros, will tell you the best form is to keep your elbow down, position the back of the gun so that it's inline with you nose (usually about 4 to 6 inches in front of your nose), with your hopper tilted in and tucked behind your bunker.

Now, this is not like other sports like golf, where one type of form is meant to fit everyone. It's just a starting point for you to develop your own style.

But for me, what works best is to tilt my hopper behind the bunker, align the back of the gun to my nose, and keep my elbow down. It's comfy and works great in most circumstances

Dynasty Dissected has a great feature on how to hold your marker, that's where I learned it from

I agree with this! You want to stay as small as possible. Of course you may have your gun tilted a little depending the bunker you are using. Your gun won't always be straight (watch some videos of the pros and you will see the slight angel especially behind the bunker). I usually tell people to used the rammer as a guide to line up with your nose.

Make sure your elbows are tucked. I had a teammate who was constantly getting hit in the elbow.. we would make bets in the pits and he tilted his gun so far sometimes that paint would come out and he would get shot in the hopper. He may have thought it was funny, but it was a bad habit that cost us a man down a lot, so make sure you start and stay in a good holding habit.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#14 thesdpaintball

thesdpaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

It is a situation/ Comfort thing. If you tilt your gun then you lower your profile, So you become a smaller target.

#15 ppbr2321

ppbr2321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

On a woodsball field, it doesn't really matter as long as you stay low.. But if you're playing on a speedball field, try and get the angle of your marker parallel to the side to have the least visibility.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users