7 replies to this topic

#1 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

I was going to wait to post this since I've been making several topics recently but I'm semi impatient lol. At least now I know all of these should be able to run on LP/mid pressure which was my first concern. Anyways lets get down to it. Basically this will be my first pump ever. I'm getting into it for certain reasons like a backup and saving money. One in which I know from playing pump I'll gain skills from it that I never had to fully learn before like moving, A LOT! These all should be in my price range (empire sniper the most maybe buy used), pretty much cheap. Since its my first pump I didn't want to spend X amount of dollars for a new ccm/sniper/MVP/etc. It's possible I might not like playing pump or I might fall in love with it like many on here.

So what I basically want is ease of maintenance, consistent, reliable/dependable and smooth. I never touched an autococker at all, I've only watched videos about them like Mike's autococker show of death. They look really confusing to me, but I guess it takes time to learn. The whole sweet spotting a pump confuses me, that's another thread in itself. Some point each one I'll put a reg and get a cocker threaded deadlywinds barrel so I can use it with my demon also. Out of these which would be the best in all categories I listed, but also won't have me staring at the gun in full confusion as far as tuning goes.

#2 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

Don't let the Empire Sniper be your first pump.

Pump vs semi is like apples and grenades. Find the cheapest pump you can that shoots. It doesn't have to shoot tits, and you most likely wont the first day of playing, but it'll familiarize you with the mechanics of pump play.

tl;dr - Find the cheapest KP or used sniper you can, they'll likely be tuned already.

(My first was a KP because it was stupid cheap)
I only play paintball so I can tell dirty jokes.

#3 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,811 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Mechanical and electro autocockers are a bit confusing because they require a good bit of knowledge on their theory of operation as well as a bit of tuning and maintaining.
Pumps on the other hand, are pretty darn simple.

My first pump was a Trilogy. It was originally a mech before it developed a leak in the pneumatics. I, being lazy and clueless on how to fix it, simply said "Fuck it" and pumped it. For my first pump, despite me not really wanting to play pump in the first place, I found it actually quite enjoyable. The fact that I spent less than $150 on the whole thing was an added bonus. So typically, a Trilogy is what I'll recommend to most who wish to try out pump.

Though I'd personally rather use a Phantom over any of those choices.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#4 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

I'm leaning more towards the trilogy

#5 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

The trilly is a great platform to pump. Doesnt need tuning, valve is dead simple to service and doesnt require any special tools, and kits and mods abound for them,

Its a no brainer. Go for it.

#6 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Well now I just saw this lol

between those two is tough, because it appears the Trilogy comes with a regulator

Anytime I look at a pump gun, I ALWAYS first look at the feedneck

If you can't stick your loader on the feedneck (which you can with the KP), you need to add the expense of a new loader

The Kaos Pump is an absolutely amazing pump gun. I think after looking at both guns carefully, I'd still go Kaos Pump over the trilogy

The dual intimidator detents > single autococker ball bearing detent
Triad Ball Retention System > Stock WGP Barrel
No Cocking Rod > WGP Cocking Rod (unscrewing it to change the velocity sucks)
No Back Block > Back Block

I think the KP still beats it

Not saying ill go off of just one post from Mike, but he does make some good points. I have time to think till I get the money

#7 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

I absolutely love my KP.
Just need to make sure to blue loctite some of the screws for the pump in, they tend to come loose.

#8 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

I've been researching a lot using google and I pretty much see I'll be changing the feedneck regardless. Even though the kp comes with one already I heard its not great. So that really can't effect my decision anymore on what I get. Guess now I just care more about the smoothness of the stroke and the trigger since those seem the most important for pump gun owners. Also if ill have to change any springs or not

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users