• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 116clique

116clique

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

So, I've been playing the sport of paintball for a little over 4 years now... Shot and played with markers ranging from a brass eagle samurai, to a vicious ego 09 and a marq, yet I have never played on a legitimate field. I live in rural Mississippi (yes I can read), and the closest field is about an hour away... Heard it sucks anyway. Yet, here is my dilemma.. I need a higher end speedball marker to start playing in Jackson and Memphis with. Guys I play with have gone to both, and I'm about to start. I have an airsmith that lives in my area that sells 07-09 egos that he buys and fixes for $300-$400. Should I go that route? Open to all suggestions. Also.. I'm not a fan of spoolies.
Posted Image

#2 Vidalecent

Vidalecent

Low-end <3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

You have a mask, tank, and loader right? If not start by getting a great mask. Then tank and loader. You don't want to buy a $300 gun, and not have any money for anything to put on it :rolleyes:

If you have great quality gear. A used high end is a great thing to get. As long as you take the time to learn the marker inside and out.

#3 PassivePB

PassivePB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

07 and 08 egos are great guns, can't really go wrong with em

#4 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

If you can get your hands on an 09 EGO at that cost go for it. They are easy to clean and rebuild if you need to as well!
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#5 116clique

116clique

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

You have a mask, tank, and loader right? If not start by getting a great mask. Then tank and loader. You don't want to buy a $300 gun, and not have any money for anything to put on it :rolleyes:
Yeah.. Sly profits, ninja 68/4500, and a pinokio... Followed the whole "can't play without a mask, tank, and loader. Not even if you are shooting a CSL or a Luxe" rule!
If you have great quality gear. A used high end is a great thing to get. As long as you take the time to learn the marker inside and out.

Crap... I messed up that repost^^ didn't I? I am a noob to this whole forum deal..
Posted Image

#6 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

An older Ego is a good option,or you could try a used Geo 2/2.1 for about $200 more.

Unrelated:Yay,a new Techpb'er in Memphis!That makes what,like,3 total!

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

I'm not a fan of spoolies.

I've never really understood why people say this. I mean, to each his own and all, but I wanna hear an explanation.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

If you can get an 09 Ego for that price then go for it. Ego 7's and 8's aren't bad either.

#9 116clique

116clique

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

I've never really understood why people say this. I mean, to each his own and all, but I wanna hear an explanation.

Well, personally, being that I have always played on "outlaw" or "renegade" courses, what you bring is all you have. Efficiency is a big deal when it means driving 20 miles to only get 3000 psi from a place that fills tanks from a scuba station. Also, I prefer the ease of mantinence of poppets over spools. Since there is no pro shop within 100 miles, bad things happen when something goes wrong and you can't fix it. Sound of shot? I typically like spools.. Not a turning point though. Recoil? Recoil is a 12 gauge shooting a 3 1/2 sabot slug. In paintball.. There are large differences, but not too great of a margin in the high ends to sacrifice efficiency/reliability for a little less. But yes... It is preference (isn't all life?) and I have explained why I have this preference.
Posted Image

#10 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Two words: Bolt Pin

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Three: Bolt-out-back?
But really, I fully understand the whole outlawball thing with efficiency, but other than that, it confused me.

#12 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

Three: Bolt-out-back?

Have you not watched the majesticness of a stacked tube cycling at 12.5? Posted Image

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Have you heard the flowing mane of paint at 12.5 ejecting from the majestic lion they call the macdev clone gt? Of course you havent, because you cant hear it shoot.

#14 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,641 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

Shot and played with markers ranging from a brass eagle samurai

Just want to say, I'm really jelly of the hedge trimmer gun.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#15 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

If you can get your hands on an 09 EGO at that cost go for it. They are easy to clean and rebuild if you need to as well!

Apparently 09 egos were the worst ones, didn't really look much into it but thats what people say.

Lulzjustacat.png

#16 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Have you heard the flowing mane of paint at 12.5 ejecting from the majestic lion they call the macdev clone gt? Of course you havent, because you cant hear it shoot.

Yes, I've shot the GT multiple times..

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Yes, I've shot the GT multiple times..

Still, it s pretty damn quiet. My brother has a Clone GT, and whenever he visits(his apartment is like 5 miles away), we'll play and I'll get to use it. Still dont understand why he wont just give me or lend me his drone dx, but I digress.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users