• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hyrinmaru

Hyrinmaru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

When buying a pants for paintball for ex. Empire pants would I really need elbow And knee pad? Or is it not necessary?

Edited by Hyrinmaru, 19 February 2013 - 08:20 PM.

#2 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

Sloths are the best animals evar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Elbow pads are a must, even if you are using a jersey. My jersey does have a small amount of padding, but once you start diving, your elbows will still get tore up. I would recommend the planet eclipse armpads. I would still suggest knee pads even with pants, but I don't think they are as important as arm pads. Just get both any keep your body from getting beat up lol

#3 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Check the padding video:

I'd say the knee pads are as important, if not more so than the elbow pads too. I skinned both my knees on a single slide while playing speedball 2 weeks ago and had to finish the day on bloody knees. I was even wearing Empire paintball pants with generous knee padding sewn in. Knee pads are a must if you're going to be playing spirited speedball, and a good idea for woodsball too.

I immediately went out and purchased Dye C10 knee pads and have no regrets. They were a little pricey, but easily worth it. That said, I'll probably be picking up some elbow pads this weekend while I'm at it.
As seen on: PBreview IOG

#4 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Check the padding video:

I'd say the knee pads are as important, if not more so than the elbow pads too. I skinned both my knees on a single slide while playing speedball 2 weeks ago and had to finish the day on bloody knees. I was even wearing Empire paintball pants with generous knee padding sewn in. Knee pads are a must if you're going to be playing spirited speedball, and a good idea for woodsball too.

I immediately went out and purchased Dye C10 knee pads and have no regrets. They were a little pricey, but easily worth it. That said, I'll probably be picking up some elbow pads this weekend while I'm at it.

Mike sums it up. Knee pads are kind of like your second line of protection, if something were to jab through the pants, your knee pads would more than likely stop it. Knee pads are 100% necessary and are one of the most important items in paintball. You could always go out and buy a pair of volleyball knee pads for cheap.
\Posted Image

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Also, elbow pads, much more important than you would think. Especially since padding on them is like 2mm max. No joke, league regulations state that they have to be.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#6 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Well i have pe elbow pads and volleyball knee pads. I dont really dive that much when i do they work awsome. The elbow pads bounce balls alot more than i expected too.

Knee pads are a must even with pants :)

#7 ThePBLady

ThePBLady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

I agree with the arm pads and Planet Eclipse are nice. I don't think knee pads are necessary if you have well padded pants and aren't sliding around a lot.
The Pb Lady
www.thepblady.com------Visit my blog website and also find me on Facebook and YouTube

Posted Image
Tri-City Extreme

#8 Dpetro

Dpetro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

i dont use any pads besides the jersey and pants padding, but the pants i use have pretty thick knee bads

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

If you play front, snake, aggressively, etc. I would suggest elbow pads, knee pads, and slide shorts. That will cover the areas of your body that are very likely to get injured if there is a sharp object or turf burn, etc.

#10 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

i used to play for years with no pads..... you want pads.
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users