Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

Need I say more?

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,856 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

That ping makes me cringe.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#3 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Another good one. Im gunna be able to watch hd EVERYTHING with this awesomesauce.

Posted Image

#4 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

*Gasp*

#5 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

I feel you, man.

Posted Image

This is actually on a good day, and sadly I'm in some shitty predicament where I have no other option.

1) My apartment complex has signed some sort of agreement/contract with Comcast that says Comcast can not provide service to this complex.

2) My only other option, Verizon DSL, is some weird... "fuck you" situation. Basically, every single building/apartment here can get Verizon, except for my dwelling. Not my building, just my specific apartment. The lady next door? She has Verizon DSL. The lady on the opposite side of the building? She has it... but me? Nah. They say it's not available. Calling them gets me no where and a different explanation every time. Last time I called they said it was just a database error and that it's been fixed........ but it hasn't. The other time I called they said apparently the line has not been installed to this specific apartment and that she had "never seen anything like it before." However, for their mistake they needed me to pay $300 for them to install the line they should have installed.

All in all, I'm stuck paying $40/mo for shitty internet that the apartment complex itself provides. Ports are blocked(like FTP) and it's a general pain in the ass. I used to at least have amazing ping(20ms on the worst of days) but after the storms hit this year lines obviously took some damage and it's just been downhill since then. Ping is horrible now, connection varies from the above, to downright unusable(you know you have shit internet when you can't even speedtest, and just get "Configuration load failed"). There is obviously lines damaged, but because whoever is providing service doesn't own the lines it's practically impossible for anything to be done. Did I mention the cable lines in this apartment are shit, and probably not helping? I had a technician come out to fix the internet once and he said the wiring was the shittiest he had ever seen, and just took my neighbors cable line and split it....... ya -_-

Edited by dustyshouri, 19 February 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#6 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Now this is on my phone on the same internet. Like what the fuck?

Posted Image

#7 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

img

Er... that's a problem on your end, then.

How many devices do you have connected to your network? Do you have your own router or do you have a modem/router combo? What about if you connect your OP device directly to your modem? Can you speedtest on other devices to confirm it's strictly whatever you used in the OP that's only having the issue? I'd much rather trust a speedtest from a laptop or another desktop, as I've heard weird things about the accuracy of the mobile speedtest app.

It could be something as simple as a shoddy CAT5 wire or network card. Could be something worse, like malware or the such.

Edited by dustyshouri, 19 February 2013 - 11:33 PM.

#8 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Posted Image

I have no clue what you're talking about.Posted Image

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#9 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

This is now an internet speed bragging thread.

Posted Image

Eat my dust kingJurzy.

Edited by Lime, 19 February 2013 - 11:58 PM.

I love you.

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Is this good?
Posted Image

Damn you lime....

Still better than tallsmallboy44

Edited by kingJurzy, 20 February 2013 - 12:01 AM.

#11 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

img

How many devices do you have connected to your network? Do you have your own router or do you have a modem/router combo? Combo

What about if you connect your OP device directly to your modem? It already is.

Can you speedtest on other devices to confirm it's strictly whatever you used in the OP that's only having the issue? I'd much rather trust a speedtest from a laptop or another desktop, as I've heard weird things about the accuracy of the mobile speedtest app. I do not have anything else available.

It could be something as simple as a shoddy CAT5 wire or network card. Could be something worse, like malware or the such. Running a scan now. However when the tech installed the service he said he didnt like the looks of the cable that we are using on the about 40 run to the phone jack and modem. So I am guessing that this is the major problem. What I dont understand is that it worked fine for the first month them got ultra shitty in the last week.

I did two more tests on my phone and got this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Posted Image

:D

Edited by REDCOBRA, 20 February 2013 - 12:14 AM.

Posted Image

#13 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Dat upload

You would have higher numbers if you were closer to a server.

#14 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Step 1: Cut a hole in the box
Call internet service provider

Step 2: Ask wtf is this

Step 3: Answers

I love you.

#15 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

There's a server in my city but i get better ping from a city 3 hours away lol

Posted Image

#16 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

There's a server in my city but i get better ping from a city 3 hours away lol

Canada.

I love you.

#17 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

In a nutshell

#18 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

Apparently what the whole Google Fiberoptics they launched recently offers.................. :(

Posted Image

Edited by dustyshouri, 20 February 2013 - 12:32 AM.

#19 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

img

How many devices do you have connected to your network? Do you have your own router or do you have a modem/router combo? Combo

What about if you connect your OP device directly to your modem? It already is.

Can you speedtest on other devices to confirm it's strictly whatever you used in the OP that's only having the issue? I'd much rather trust a speedtest from a laptop or another desktop, as I've heard weird things about the accuracy of the mobile speedtest app. I do not have anything else available.

It could be something as simple as a shoddy CAT5 wire or network card. Could be something worse, like malware or the such. Running a scan now. However when the tech installed the service he said he didnt like the looks of the cable that we are using on the about 40 run to the phone jack and modem. So I am guessing that this is the major problem. What I dont understand is that it worked fine for the first month them got ultra shitty in the last week.

Well, if you're directly connected yet connecting with your phone, it sounds like you have a modem/router combo. The tech guy should have replaced the line if he didn't like the looks of it. Lines and connections can be finicky as hell, and if you try to call tech support they are going to assume it's on your side always. Is this DSL or cable?

If you're fluctuating from a 11Mb/s to 1Mb/s, that's pretty severe. You can check the quality of your line here: http://www.pingtest.net/ And you can also windows+r, type "cmd" and run that. Then input 'tracert 8.8.8.8' it will ping every hop along the way to the destination(in this case 8.8.8.8 is Google's dns service), where you can usually see where along the route your quality is dropping(in the form of a very high jump in ping).

Otherwise you may just want to argue with your ISP to get them to come out and fix the issue.

(I'm not a technician or anything by trade or even someone who works IT or customer service. Just my general experience with this kind of stuff so don't be surprised if someone qualified comes along and makes me look stupid)

#20 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Shit you know miles more than me. And I got this.

Posted Image

#21 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

Posted Image

This is using mobile 3g network. Not half bad.

o8qo.jpg

#22 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

I think that it is worth noting something, being that you have ATT Uverse. Everything you do with that account, uses the same bandwidth. TV, phone, and internet. So that means for each TV that is currently watching shows via your ATT service, your internet speed is taking a hit. You dont have cable with ATT; everything is done via ethernet. This is the number one reason to always go for Time Warner, or an actual cable company if you can manage. I installed cable for Time Warner, and we had person after person that was ditching ATT because if they had two HD signals going to TVs, they could safely kiss their internet goodbye. Time Warner, and real cable companies still use the same line, but not the same bandwidth, so you can run all the TVs without hurting internet signal.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#23 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Posted Image

Time Warner sucks, my upload speed is horrible. I'd gladly trade 10Mb/s download for 5Mb/s upload. There's only one step up faster where I live, 50Mp/s(and like 5 upload haha). Once I get a job I'll throw in the extra money to get it since my mom doesnt want to pay for it now. Even with this speed if one of my family is watching netflix and I'm downloading a torrent I can't play games.... I wish I had google fiber speeds.

Oh and forgot to add my Mobile speeds, LTE is great Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Steephill, 20 February 2013 - 12:19 PM.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#24 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

I think that it is worth noting something, being that you have ATT Uverse. Everything you do with that account, uses the same bandwidth. TV, phone, and internet. So that means for each TV that is currently watching shows via your ATT service, your internet speed is taking a hit. You dont have cable with ATT; everything is done via ethernet. This is the number one reason to always go for Time Warner, or an actual cable company if you can manage. I installed cable for Time Warner, and we had person after person that was ditching ATT because if they had two HD signals going to TVs, they could safely kiss their internet goodbye. Time Warner, and real cable companies still use the same line, but not the same bandwidth, so you can run all the TVs without hurting internet signal.

Sadly, I do not have tv with it; only the internet & phones.

Edited by Rotozip2, 20 February 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#25 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

I wish I had internet like my school.Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Posted Image

Need I say more?

I too have u-verse. Mine is almost the exact same. Man I can't stand at&t
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#27 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Call and complain, its their problem and not yours to fix, even the cheapest package has 3Mb/s Down.
And
Posted Image
at home using 802.11g, with an old Linksys WRT54GL router that's about 50-75 feet away.

Edited by Blade of grass, 20 February 2013 - 04:11 PM.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#28 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Call and complain, its their problem and not yours to fix

Just because it is their problem to fix doesn't mean it's the easiest option. Sometimes the most efficient thing to do is figure out if you can fix it on your own. Most of the time it's way easier to do this than to deal with customer support for hours on end, and then try to be home when the technician comes out and such(especially when they don't come when they're supposed to, and you wasted a day off of work.

Some providers have much better customer support than others. Most of the big-name companies like Comcast are notorious for horrible support and turn something simple like this into a very exhausting process.

Edited by dustyshouri, 20 February 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#29 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Just because it is their problem to fix doesn't mean it's the easiest option. Sometimes the most efficient thing to do is figure out if you can fix it on your own. Most of the time it's way easier to do this than to deal with customer support for hours on end, and then try to be home when the technician comes out and such(especially when they don't come when they're supposed to, and you wasted a day off of work.

Some providers have much better customer support than others. Most of the big-name companies like Comcast are notorious for horrible support and turn something simple like this into a very exhausting process.

Don't they provide support on weekends?

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#30 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Don't they provide support on weekends?

I don't know about other providers, but I think Comcast only sends out technicians on work hours(mon-fri 9-5). At least, my sister had an impossible time getting them to come out and fix their HD channels. My brother-in-law would take off a day of work, then Comcast would say they came out but no one was home, etc... Then they'd say they have to come out again, but you can only take so many days off for something silly like waiting for the Comcast man who may probably never come.

In my experience, even with good tech support sometimes it's just easier to attempt to fix it on your end if it's possible than deal with the process most ISPs have to get any kind of actual support.

Edited by dustyshouri, 20 February 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#31 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Posted Image

#32 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

That all means crap on wifi. LAN your laptop up and then try it. Wifi is slower and has local interference.

#33 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

Posted Image

I am Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love you.

#35 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fail img link

kingJurzy: 1 Lime: 0

#36 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Apparently what the whole Google Fiberoptics they launched recently offers.................. :(

Posted Image

Too bad google fiberoptics is only in like 2 cities.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#37 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Pesants. :P
Posted Image

Gotta love fiber optics, and we have the third slowest one they offer.

It should be 60/60, I'm doing the test while uploading a bunch of stuff.

Edited by Nobben #44, 21 February 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#38 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Pesants. :P
Posted Image

Gotta love fiber optics, and we have the third slowest one they offer.

It should be 60/60, I'm doing the test while uploading a bunch of stuff.

USA's internet infrastructure is trash. The bigger internet companies were even given $2,000 per household from the government a few years ago to upgrade their lines, and they've done nothing so far... Most people should have 45/45.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#39 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

The US has an awesome infrastructure when it comes to internet, actually. Stig is one of the lucky few, in only VERY select areas that has that sort of speed in Norway. The bulk of us (and I live outside the second largest town in the country) are living with speeds below 10 Mb/s. Hell, I dont even get 5.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#40 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Posted Image
Not Bad

Edited by madsnipes, 21 February 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#41 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

The US has an awesome infrastructure when it comes to internet, actually. Stig is one of the lucky few, in only VERY select areas that has that sort of speed in Norway. The bulk of us (and I live outside the second largest town in the country) are living with speeds below 10 Mb/s. Hell, I dont even get 5.

Well compared to what it should be it sucks. I'm not even asking for google fiber speeds, just a decent upload speeds. Hell even with 10Mb/s upload speeds I'd be happy.

Edited by Steephill, 21 February 2013 - 04:33 PM.

My Feedback +14/-0

#42 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Talk to your ISP then. They control the balance. And considering your download speed, your low upload speed is almost guaranteed to be a problem with your upstream db levels. Getting someone out there to test the line and clean up the signal would help. If they have an amp in the house, the upstream gets completely screwed, as it knocks off 12 db.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#43 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Posted Image

Eat my dust.
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#44 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

^^^^^
Posted Image

#45 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Apparently Shaw offers a premium package with 250 mbps DL for 115$/month. Now I just have to convince who ever pays for the internet to upgrade to that...

Posted Image

#46 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

You love it. Admit it.
Posted Image

#47 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,856 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Thank gods I just recently upgraded.

Posted Image

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#48 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

You guys have so slow uploads. :P

And yeah, Adam is right, the internet is crappy in Norway, except for the places that get fiber.
Funny thing, I work at customer support at my internet provider.

Edited by Nobben #44, 22 February 2013 - 04:38 AM.

#49 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

mmmm... love being in rural Wyoming.

http://www.speedtest.../2526256113.png

#50 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

The slow upload speeds are due to balance types, and consumer demand. The packages for the average person are geared towards how people use things. If they give you faster upload, they need to reduce download speed. However, the bulk of the population isnt worried about uploads. They want downloads as fast as possible. People that are uploading alot are either doing illegal sharing, or are running a server. if you want to run a server, your ISP has packages for that, and/or can tune the balance.

I would know. I used to call them in all the time.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users