• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hazardpaintball1

Hazardpaintball1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Planning to buy one of them, just not sure which one I should get.

Need more information about both, please help!!!

Edited by Hazardpaintball1, 20 February 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Axe is much better. The etek is loud and kicky, while the axe's operation is much smoother.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Axe is much better. The etek is loud and kicky, while the axe's operation is much smoother.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#4 Hazardpaintball1

Hazardpaintball1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Thanks

#5 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

macdev drone dx is another option but yeah the axe is better than the etek imo, i prefer quiet guns though.

#6 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

macdev drone dx is another option but yeah the axe is better than the etek imo, i prefer quiet guns though.

Drone DX is now cheaper than an Axe, too.

The Axe is really good. The etek4 isn't terrible - I actually rather like the way it feels and operates, but it's very loud and feels less smooth. I like the Axe just slightly better in how it shoots and in trigger feel, but I'm not overly fond of the board foregrip on the Axe.

The Alien Invasion is another similar priced poppet that would be quieter and smoother, but the invasion does not have an on/off ASA.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#7 gtcpaintball

gtcpaintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

I have always wanted a Drone Dx, I didn't know they had a slight price drop. I'd rather choose a drone dx vs. a Etek 4. But Axe is a great marker.
Visit my website at: www.gtcpaintball.com
Follow me on Twitter: @Gtcgabe12

#8 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

ive shot a lot of markers but the axe has my favorite trigger stock. it is a gun that wont let you down. I had mine for almost 2 years and had 1 problem with a solenoid contacted empire (kee) and they had a new headed to me without me sending them anything. the guns almost never go down but if they do you will have great cs behind it.

I know people say planet has the best customer service, I would agree they too have good customer service but if you want them to fix anything you have to ship it to them. whereas empire will send you the parts straight away normally without even checking if your under warranty.

I have never shot the etek 4 but the difference between the am and lt is basically the material its made out of and its upgrade ability lt is a composite frame and a few other parts i believe where as the am is all metal. Before I got my axe I shot an Eclipse ego 08 so I'll base my comparison off of that. the ego was more efficient then the axe by a mile, once I put a new bolt in the axe though it got me a few more pods not that the axe has a problem with efficiency. The ego was louder than the axe so I can guarantee no matter what you do to an etek it will be as well. I personally am really glad I bought an axe. the only complaint I've heard about it is the foregrip. Some people call it awkward to hold. I had no problems with it to me it felt like an e-mag foregrip, but the best way to know if it will be a problem for you is to ask someone at the field or store to hold there axe. If its someone you know see if you can play a game or run some paint through it.

#9 Hazardpaintball1

Hazardpaintball1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Thanks TJO, that helped a lot

#10 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

i like my axe, its way more efficient then my spoolie and the shot is SMOOTH. I was literally the only one at skirmish a few days ago that didnt break every other ball in the breach. (it was 15 degrees out with draxxus paint) Great marker!

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users