• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Working on my daughters gun. I think I have pretty much decided on the eXCTY for her. But I don't know much about hoppers. I have a cyclone on my Phenom so I haven't researched them as much. Give me a list of 5 good but under say $100 maybe $120 maxs hoppers. Used is most likely out because I am using shopping points from work so the money isn't coming out of my pocket.

#2 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

V2 Prophecy (or Z2 at higher end maybe) or Magna

/thread

Edited by get.lit.up!, 20 February 2013 - 10:59 PM.

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#3 Totes Magotes

Totes Magotes

Latress on the menjay.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Best sub 100 dollar hopper if you can't buy used would be the pinokio . Next would probably be the invert too. Those are probably the only ones I would look at . Both are great hoppers for the price.
Posted Image

#4 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Thanks guys

#5 Taren B

Taren B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

The Pinokio is a very light hopper, about 1 pound, correct me. Its great on batteries and holds quite a bit.

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Pinokio, or a halo of any sort. Empire halo too, or the empire scion would be great as well.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

I second the used Propehcy V2 or Z2 bu if youre buying new the Pinokio is great.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 21 February 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#8 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

5 hoppers under $120 new price:

1. Pinokio at $90 - It looks a bit big on your marker especially when you add the extended nose cone. The hopper itself is fairly light but since it holds the most paint it could feel pretty heavy when full (esp. at close to 400 balls in the hopper). It uses an a paddle wheel that spins the balls in the hopper toward the feedneck.

2. Spyder Fasta 18v LED at $65 - This is basically a Pinokio all over again with Kingman's logo on the side. It has the same style paddle wheel. The Spyder does not have a changeable nose cone and has to be opened up to clean. You can get an LCD screen version for about 10 bucks more.

3. Invert TOO at $74 - This uses a belt drive to force feed paint through the feedneck. The Invert TOO itself is heavier, but it only holds between 150 and 180 balls in the hopper. Like the Fasta, you have to open it up to clean.

4. Valken V-Max at $60 - The Valken carries a bunch of features from other manufacturer's loaders. It has the toolless dissasembly of the rotor and the paddle wheel operation like a Pinokio. It has a bigger capacity than most, maybe just less than the Fasta. Many people have had issue with feedrate being less than what they expected or inconsistent. Sometimes the softer paddle wheel is tightened down too hard and can't spin freely, sometimes the paddle itself is just too soft. Generally, replacement with the Spyder or Pinokio drive cone seems to fix these issues, but that'll run an extra $10 on top of the loader price. I've seen evidence that the Valken stock speedfeed is poorly designed if you plan on getting a speedfeed (pick the Virtue maybe).

5. Scion at $100 - This is a TOO body with the internals of the Prophecy Z2. It's newer so I don't know as much about it, but it's going to share the smaller paint capacity of the two while (hopefully) implementing the more advanced feed and anti-jam of the Z2. The Scion will also require you to open it up to clean, as it doesn't carry forward the Z2's toolless disassembly.

I haven't tried the Scion, but assuming it marries the Z2 and TOO well, I think you'll be happy with any and all of these loaders. Capacity goes to the Pinokio. Capacity on a budget is the Fasta. Industry standard is the TOO. A little bit of everything is the V-Max. Shiny and new goes to the Scion.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#9 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Scion over the halo too because its a z2 w/ a halo shell. Z2 internals are great! Pinokio would also be the top choice as well

Lulzjustacat.png

#10 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Halo Too=best bang for the buck,theyve been made in many configurations over the years,upgradable if needed,will keep up with most modern markers,industry standard for a decade

#11 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

5 hoppers under $120 new price:

1. Pinokio at $90 - It looks a bit big on your marker especially when you add the extended nose cone. The hopper itself is fairly light but since it holds the most paint it could feel pretty heavy when full (esp. at close to 400 balls in the hopper). It uses an a paddle wheel that spins the balls in the hopper toward the feedneck.

2. Spyder Fasta 18v LED at $65 - This is basically a Pinokio all over again with Kingman's logo on the side. It has the same style paddle wheel. The Spyder does not have a changeable nose cone and has to be opened up to clean. You can get an LCD screen version for about 10 bucks more.

3. Invert TOO at $74 - This uses a belt drive to force feed paint through the feedneck. The Invert TOO itself is heavier, but it only holds between 150 and 180 balls in the hopper. Like the Fasta, you have to open it up to clean.

4. Valken V-Max at $60 - The Valken carries a bunch of features from other manufacturer's loaders. It has the toolless dissasembly of the rotor and the paddle wheel operation like a Pinokio. It has a bigger capacity than most, maybe just less than the Fasta. Many people have had issue with feedrate being less than what they expected or inconsistent. Sometimes the softer paddle wheel is tightened down too hard and can't spin freely, sometimes the paddle itself is just too soft. Generally, replacement with the Spyder or Pinokio drive cone seems to fix these issues, but that'll run an extra $10 on top of the loader price. I've seen evidence that the Valken stock speedfeed is poorly designed if you plan on getting a speedfeed (pick the Virtue maybe).

5. Scion at $100 - This is a TOO body with the internals of the Prophecy Z2. It's newer so I don't know as much about it, but it's going to share the smaller paint capacity of the two while (hopefully) implementing the more advanced feed and anti-jam of the Z2. The Scion will also require you to open it up to clean, as it doesn't carry forward the Z2's toolless disassembly.

I haven't tried the Scion, but assuming it marries the Z2 and TOO well, I think you'll be happy with any and all of these loaders. Capacity goes to the Pinokio. Capacity on a budget is the Fasta. Industry standard is the TOO. A little bit of everything is the V-Max. Shiny and new goes to the Scion.

I got one for free, I had a pinokio and the prop bent i asked for a new one and they sent me one and I just installed the new one in my friends vmax, feeds ok though.
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users