Photo

Azodin Blitz vs Proto Rail

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Azodin Blitz vs Proto Rail vs GoG eXTCy (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is better? Azodin Blitz vs Proto Rail vs GoG eXCTy

1. Azodin Blitz (3 votes [11.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

2. Proto Rail (13 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. GoG eXTCy (10 votes [38.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mr.Baj

Mr.Baj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

I need Some help, I am new to the sport and am looking for a budget gun that would be good for a beginner and on to intermediate. The Blitz and the Rail are fairly comparable feature wise from what I can read on spec sheets. The Blitz is priced at $169 and the Rail is at $249 so for buget the Blitz is cheaper but most people suggest the Rail just because the company has been around longer. A lot of people say stay away from the Blitz because the loader mount is twist-lock, I would change that to a clamp style, and I would also want the change the Clamp on the Rail cause it is plastic so I would want to change it on either one. Let me know what you think, and don't forget to vote.

Azodin Blitz
Attached File  Blitz.jpg   25.9KB   6 downloads

Proto Rail
Attached File  Rail.jpg   27.46KB   8 downloads

Adding GoG eXTCy to the poll the eXTCy retails for $249 same price as the Rail and $80 more expensive than the Blitz, Thanx for the suggestion pb28188.
Attached File  eXTCy.jpg   24.74KB   3 downloads

Edited by Mr.Baj, 21 February 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#2 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

For the same price the gog extcy is another good option.... It's smooth has a nice trigger and a good board. I also believe it has a metal clamping feedneck but I'm not sure

#3 Mr.Baj

Mr.Baj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

For the same price the gog extcy is another good option.... It's smooth has a nice trigger and a good board. I also believe it has a metal clamping feedneck but I'm not sure

Thanx for the suggestion, I looked it up and checked out a review, it looks pretty good too. Lol, now my decision is even harder to make.

#4 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Thanx for the suggestion, I looked it up and checked out a review, it looks pretty good too. Lol, now my decision is even harder to make.

Hahahah yeah I know I would forget the blitz... It's good for the price but its just gonna make you want more fast. It's better to spend the extra money to get something you'll be happy with.... And also what will you be playing... The extcy tends to be a little better for woodsball and scenario because of the quick change mode .... For speedball the rail is a great option it's extremely light and smooth

Edited by pb28188, 21 February 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#5 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Rail shoots tits for days also the extcy is just as good too but the rail is lighter and feels better in the hands

Edited by III Kezia III, 21 February 2013 - 02:01 PM.

Lulzjustacat.png

#6 Mr.Baj

Mr.Baj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

I will probably be playing more speedball than woods ball or senario, probably play both but more speedball. Thanx for the advice and thanx for the votes in the poll. keep it coming.

does the eXTCy come with the ana on/off and a better barrel?

#7 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

I've had(have) and teched several Rails(PMRs)2007-present,great shooting gun when it doesnt leek,not a gun for a new player IMHO,maintenence is more difficult than most guns,too many orings,eye pipe is a good idea(newer models)but its fragile,total air hog too,warranty is so so
Azodins are a good gun for the price,easy maintenace,good air efficiancy,ROF will be slower than PMR or Extacy or other spool valves,dont know about customer service or warranty
Extacy(Ion XE)is a good starter-mid level gun.better air efficiancy than PMR,less than Azodin,maintenece is easier than most spool valves,parts and upgrades are readily available,warrenty and customer support are awesome
If youre willing to pay a little more the Axe or Mini is a good option also,air efficiancy is best of the lot,maintenence is easy also,many upgrades available
mke sure to get the newest version of the Mini(version 3?),warranty is top notch
I dont think any of the above guns come with on\off ASAs stock,newer versions of Minis(V3) and Axes do,you can usually find good CP ones for $25-40 with the mounting rail,stock barrels on most guns are decent,a J&J ceramic is a good cheep upgrade,about $30 new
Recommened you go to a few local field and ask around,some people like myself will loan or let you shoot their markers
Good luck

#8 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Rail anyday. the extcy is horrible in my opinion. the trigger sucks,asa has very sharp threads and they knick tank oring all the time, ion threaded barrels, its heavier than the rail, the rail is quieter and smoother, the only thing the extcy does better than the rail is the board.
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#9 Mr.Baj

Mr.Baj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Is speed of the marker a big deal? Do most feilds have limits of 12 bps? if that is the case than is there a point in looking for a marker that is capable of 35 or 40 bps?

or when you where refering to speed did you mean the dwell? I red that the rail has a dwell of 40 mil sec, so it may feel as if there is a lag from when you pull the trigger to when the gun fires. I am not sure what the dwell would be on the azodin Blitz or the GoG eXTCy. Or does that not really matter.

#10 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Is speed of the marker a big deal? Do most feilds have limits of 12 bps? if that is the case than is there a point in looking for a marker that is capable of 35 or 40 bps?

or when you where refering to speed did you mean the dwell? I red that the rail has a dwell of 40 mil sec, so it may feel as if there is a lag from when you pull the trigger to when the gun fires. I am not sure what the dwell would be on the azodin Blitz or the GoG eXTCy. Or does that not really matter.

There is no point of going over 15bps, and both the Rail, and eXTCy will do that.

As for the dwell, it shouldn't cause any lag as it is measured in milliseconds, which is an extremely short amount of time.

For what marker you should buy, it really is a toss up. I suggest you read this.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 21 February 2013 - 04:26 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#11 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

There is no point of going over 15bps, and both the Rail, and eXTCy will do that.

As for the dwell, it shouldn't cause any lag as it is measured in milliseconds, which is an extremely short amount of time.

For what marker you should buy, it really is a toss up. I suggest you read this.

For that matter, the Azodin Blitz should also get you to 15bps. The thing about the Blitz is that it is using an automated sear to release a spring-loaded bolt. This is different from the Rail and eXTCy which both use a solenoid to move the bolt forward and back. The main point of difference is that the Blitz isn't going to let you adjust the dwell because you're just tripping the sear. The Blitz also has a higher operating pressure, around 400psi, so it's going to sound louder. There's some evidence now that marker sound has a direct impact on how people interpret the "smoothness" of a marker; so it's also going to seem like the Rail and eXTCy are smoother than the Blitz.

Probably the best advantage the Blitz has is that it is electronically operated with eyes, but it saves you ~$80 compared to the eXTCy and Rail. If budget is king, you may want to seriously consider it. Both the eXTCy and Rail have some flaws that you just can't get around because they are budget spools - it may be that you'll be itching to upgrade those just as you would a Blitz (or maybe not - desire to upgrade is fairly universal and personal).

Another alternative would be to keep renting until you can afford either a mid-end marker or a used supergun from a few years back. For about the price of the eXTCy, you could get an Infinity Legend, EGO 6, FEP Quest, or DM/PM 8. [Assuming in good condition] Those would all be much better performers than any of the new markers you might be looking at. There's nothing wrongat all with just renting and playing while you save up your marker cost. Your interaction with the marker and your paint choice will arguably have a greater impact on how well you play than any of the differences between the Blitz, Rail, and eXTCy.

Edited by unfated33, 21 February 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#12 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Yea it does have a slight "lag" but remember dwell is measured in miliseconds also you wouldn't be able to tell unless you shot something with very low dwell like 8ms of dwell or so. Extcy has a better board but the rail is smoother, and have the hyper3 reg which you see on the DM series the hyper3 is just a great reg, yes eye pipes scratch fairly easy but as long as you dont torque your barrel on super tight you should be fine, also the trigger on the rail to me feels much better than on the extcy. No speed doesnt matter psp rule is 12.5 bps and nppl is semi (uncapped?) And fields will limit you to 12.5 or below anyways, so go for smoothness between the two. Axes while they shoot super smooth for the price etc. With what the guns you are looking at anyways i assume an axe even used would be out of the question for money reasons. You could look at PM8s if you find one for 250 or so, they're basically a DM 9 in a different body, they shoot as smooth as a DM

Lulzjustacat.png

#13 Mr.Baj

Mr.Baj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

So being as regulations will limit us to 12.5 bps or semi, this is really going to come down to which is the most quiet/smooth, reliability, and efficiency. here is what I can tell so far from the discussion:

Quiet/Smooth : Proto Rail
reliability : GoG eXTCy
efficiency : Azodin Blitz

Well it looks like I am right back where I started, lol.

I would say that the reliablity is most important though, followed by quiet/smooth next most important, and than efficiency is the least important of the 3 attributes.

I am way off with this?

#14 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

So being as regulations will limit us to 12.5 bps or semi, this is really going to come down to which is the most quiet/smooth, reliability, and efficiency. here is what I can tell so far from the discussion:

Quiet/Smooth : Proto Rail
reliability : GoG eXTCy
efficiency : Azodin Blitz

Well it looks like I am right back where I started, lol.

I would say that the reliablity is most important though, followed by quiet/smooth next most important, and than efficiency is the least important of the 3 attributes.

I am way off with this?

If you get a new model of any one of these, I think the reliability will be equal. The first run of these all had problems - there's honestly very little that can go wrong in the Blitz other than the Poppet and reg; the Proto Rail has had about 5 years of repeatability to get the design down; and the eXTCy - well, people other than me can speak to that.

#15 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

The eXTCy is smooth, and quiet, as is the Rail. Both the Rail, and eXTCy are tournament legal, and have adjustable boards. And both the Rail, and eXTCy can be found used for about $200.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#16 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Well I would forget the blitz, and between the extcy and the rail, id go with the extcy.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#17 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

The eXTCy is smooth, and quiet, as is the Rail. Both the Rail, and eXTCy are tournament legal, and have adjustable boards. And both the Rail, and eXTCy can be found used for about $200.

The Blitz is also tournament legal - it has a quasi-adjustable board. You can change from semi to psp to millenium to burst, but you can't adjust the speed caps. If you buy it directly from Azodin or send it in to them they will set it from 13.1 to 12.5 for you. If you get the Blitz Evo, it will have the correct speeds as well as I believe be adjustable on the Zen III board. No doubt the Blitz will feel less smooth than the Rail and eXTCy.

The Blitz can be found used for $120 to $140.

#18 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

The Blitz is also tournament legal - it has a quasi-adjustable board. You can change from semi to psp to millenium to burst, but you can't adjust the speed caps. If you buy it directly from Azodin or send it in to them they will set it from 13.1 to 12.5 for you. If you get the Blitz Evo, it will have the correct speeds as well as I believe be adjustable on the Zen III board. No doubt the Blitz will feel less smooth than the Rail and eXTCy.

The Blitz is not tournament legal, there is no tournament lock, and to pay shipping to have the board flashed is silly when you could just put that money towards a better marker.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#19 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

The Blitz is not tournament legal, there is no tournament lock, and to pay shipping to have the board flashed is silly when you could just put that money towards a better marker.

You must not know anything about this marker:

Yes, that's a video on how to turn on tournament lock. And you can just buy the marker from Azodin with the right settings, or buy the Evo, or buy it from a store that has the AZ editor. If you do send it in to adjust setting the adjustment itself is free - you'd just be paying the cost to ship it to Azodin. No doubt that's a cost.

BUT frankly, all you are getting from the Rail and eXTCy is more smoothness, quietness, and more maintenance. There's a whole lot of crazy vanity there to say you can't get most of the same results from a Blitz. I think honesty in the differences with the Blitz is important - it's not quiet, it's not as smooth, but it's very simple, and it's cheaper.

#20 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Gog extcy>Azodin blitz>PMR. Extcy has best board, best ergonomics IMO, best detents, better trigger IMO, easier Maintenence than the pmr, and has an on/off Asa. Blitz is definitely a cannon, and is a blowback, but that's the only flaw I've found. Might want to check out the blitz evo while it's still available. Pmr is just annoying to program and has too many o-rings. Only thing I like about the pmr is the reg.
I am a raccoon.

#21 Mr.Baj

Mr.Baj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

One mode I thought was interesting was if you click the trigger 3 times in one second it goes into a 12.5 bps and maintains it as long as you are pulling the triger once a second, is that called ramping? are all 3 guns capable of that? Is that a tournament legal setting? If yes to all, is it a good setting to use?

#22 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

That is ramping, and yes, all three guns can do it.
I am a raccoon.

#23 Mr.Baj

Mr.Baj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Is ramping tournament legal?

would upgrading the bolt in the Blitz make it quieter and smoother?

#24 Perickson18

Perickson18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Rail all day, i had a reflex rail and loved it

Sent from tapataalllkk

#25 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Is ramping tournament legal?

would upgrading the bolt in the Blitz make it quieter and smoother?

The PSP ramp mode is a very standard tournament mode, and a bolt upgrade will do very little.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#26 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Well, no where in the manual does it say there is a tournament lock, or how to access it, and clearly you don't know my marker history, because I've owned a Blitz.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#27 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Well, no where in the manual does it say there is a tournament lock, or how to access it, and clearly you don't know my marker history, because I've owned a Blitz.

Interesting. Well, you can reference the previous video, or see this TechPB thread here where they locked it, or this thread here where Azodin talked about a Zenith that had gotten locked. Whether or not it's in the manual, and I can't speak to whether it is or isn't, it has a tournament lock feature.

If you still have your Blitz you can go check it out. :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users